Anyone had any dealings with VITAL BEAUTY

I have received something in the post to tell me I have won around £6000 in some kind of prize draw. I've read and reread the letter to check all the small print, but doesn't seem to have a catch. Has anyone had any dealings or won anything like this. I sent the details off, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Comments

• monlchr
    monlchr Posts: 69 Forumite
    never heard of them..................congratulations...........a nice amount of money
    :beer: monlchr :beer:
    07311022 Posts: 99 Forumite
    monlchr wrote:
    never heard of them..................congratulations...........a nice amount of money

Thanks - I'm just hoping it's for real - still kind of doubting it, as I'm not usually that lucky - still they said processing my acceptance would take around 8 days, so at least it's not too long to wait.

Will post the outcome to let everyone know what to do if they get anything from them
  • I,m extremely sceptical about this, but if you have not had to divulge any personal details, or ring any premium numbers, good luck!-keep me posted, wont you?
  • How did you get on as I got the same thing and it claims I've won 17,500. I have sent back my claim and I am making a purchase, as the stuff they sell is good quality (a bit expensive), but good quality. And seventeen and a half thousand isn't bad if its true!
  • Hello everyone,

I am new to this, first I could not log on, thought I had forgot my password, sent for another and then realised I was using the wrong details- what am I like! - I need a bit more practice, this is like first riding a bike (which I still cannot do).

I too received mail from Vital Beauty and sent off for some of the products listed in their catalogue, but somehow I have an uneasy feeling that I may not see any of those products. I checked the UK postcode as shown on the address, but there is no such postcode the nearest postcode is a College. I suppose the postbox number is the actual address in that area - Sounds a bit suspicious to me. I suppose my main reason (greed) for sending off for the items is because it said that I had won £8,500.
    Can anyone confirm receipt of any money or contact. Their telephone number is costly at £1.00 per minute? I will let you all know if I get a response.
    :confused:
  • CBo
    CBo Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    3-4 different people claiming they have won this with amount over 6,000, calls costing a £1 and address being unclear?! Surely scam bells must be running.
  • hello,
    i've received the same mail from Vital Beauty so did you really win this amount of money!
  • Since October last year I have received no fewer than 13 guarantees from Vital Beauty or its partner Swiss Home Shopping that I have won cheques varying in amount from £17,500 to £7,000, and always with a different serial number. No purchase is actually necessary and I do not make any. In that case they say you have to wait for your money for 12 weeks after the closing date, which should mean that I would be receiving 13 cheques, totalling £157,500, some time in the autumn of 2006. This is obviously ridiculous - even more so when we know that lots of other people have had similar guarantees! Clause 10 of the small print includes the sentence "Vital Beauty would like to remind you that this document contains no firm offer". Not what you would expect when you have received a guarantee that a cheque in your name has alrady been prepared!
  • Unless I am mistaken, the VB address, and the Swiss Home Shopping one, is an address previously used by "Sweet and Tasty", a expensive home delivery chocolate operation run by a Friedrich Mueller, and exposed by "Watchdog". FM was a frequent name on Euro scam websites, and on various advertising warning lists. "Friedrich Mueller Scam" will get search results on the internet. Any responses to VB and SHS are likely to get you sucked into the Friedrich Mueller web, and probably you then start to receieve increasingly insistent mailings about "prizes" and "awards", as well as automated phone calls, all enticing you to part with money. I'd strongly advise you to have nothing to do with either "company"
  • 07311022 wrote:
    I have received something in the post to tell me I have won around £6000 in some kind of prize draw. I've read and reread the letter to check all the small print, but doesn't seem to have a catch. Has anyone had any dealings or won anything like this. I sent the details off, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Good Luck. I have now received about 10 packages from them and also from their other company Swiss Home Shopping . Every time I have filled out the reply, sometimes including an order and cheque I get yet another package telling me that if I send the form back again I have definitely won. This goes on and on till it drives you bonkers. I have now been told that on top of the £10,000 I have now definitely won £17,500! All I have to do is send the form back yet again preferably with an order as it will speed up the cheque winnings! Swiss Home shopping does the same thing. I have received some merchandise from Vital Beauty but they are certainly not bargains. In fact I am tempted to have the vitamin type stuff they sell examined by the FDA for authenticity.
    I am beginning to be very suspicious about this company and believe that they could be very dodgy. However if I do finally receive the money I will inform the Forum and eat my words!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure