JD Sports - item not delivered

I ordered a pair of trainers Saturday 30th which were not in stock in the store - this was at the Sutton Coldfield store.

Was advised that we could have next day delivery to my house for Sunday, which I paid for.

Item never turned up and my order is still showing as "on the way". Have spoken to JD customer service every night this week, plus in the daytime as well. Each time they have tried to get hold of Hermes to find out where my parcel is, without any joy. Last phone call was tonight before they closed, where they told me they would try Hermes again and call me back after 1.30 tomorrow when I finish work to let me know.

I never had an email confirming my order - probably due to fact the music was so loud in the shop, I had to tell the girl my email address 3 times and I have no doubts she got it wrong. Got my mobile number right though, as I had a text message confirming my order, but that's it.

I got the Hermes tracking number from JD and that just says it's being sorted at the depot.

All I am getting is hot air from JD - someone even told me that it had been delivered into the store. I rang and checked - of course that was a complete lie. They even made notes that the Royal Mail tracking showed this - when the courier is Hermes!

If I don't get a response from them tomorrow - I feel like going down the store after work and complaining! They had my £66 and I have no trainers!

Advice please? Thanks.

:(
Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98

Comments

• Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    If it's Hermes they might still turn up - I know someone who recently was expecting a parcel that the local driver couldn't be bothered to deliver for 3-4 days.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    We asked the girl in the shop 3 times "will they be delivered tomorrow" - yes she said.

These trainers are for a holiday - which we are going on soon.

With Hermes track record, we did even check they hadn't been thrown over the back gate! Luckily our wheelie bins are not out the front.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    the 3-4 day delivery was also expected the next day.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If I don't get a response from them tomorrow - I feel like going down the store after work and complaining! They had my £66 and I have no trainers!
    Why haven't you already complained and had a refund? I thought you needed the footwear urgently for your imminent holiday? You could surely have purchased elsewhere by now?
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    If you still want the item I'd reorder online (next day delivery if you order before midnight) and then get a refund on the missing order. I'd hope they'd pay for the additional postage charge as an apology too.
  • [Deleted User]
    IAmWales wrote: »
    If you still want the item I'd reorder online (next day delivery if you order before midnight)
    Doing that would risk another failed delivery, of course. Might be better to source the footwear from a physical shop.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Why haven't you already complained and had a refund? I thought you needed the footwear urgently for your imminent holiday? You could surely have purchased elsewhere by now?

I've already told them I want a refund, but they say they can't do that until they get confirmation from Hermes that it's been lost!
  • [Deleted User]
    t they say they can't do that until they get confirmation from Hermes that it's been lost!
    Be insistent.
  • did you get the mug though?
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    did you get the mug though?

Wrong company. You're thinking of Fat Mike's company. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure