Halifax and Lloyds fast payments (FB) service on the blink

Comments

• zennith
    zennith Posts: 12,193 Forumite
    Hi, i've been having problems since 2.30am.....

I sent half of my money from The Co Op Bank to The Halifax Bank via faster payments.
    My money has still not arrived at The Halifax, but it has left my Co Op account.

I have now phoned both banks twice, and each time i have been told it's the other bank that is having problems!

Now i know it's Halifax Banks fault - and The Co Op were right!
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I tried to make a payment from my halifax bank account to my santander bank account and a statement was displayed informing me of next day payment only.

The legally required turnaround is by end of next business day.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Halifax and LTSB are on the same banking system, and transfers between the two are pretty instantaneous. So even if there was a problem with FP generally, payments between these two banks would not be affected.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Hope this is sorted out soon!! I've had money transfered into my halifax account from paypal and barclays and none of it is showing in the halifax even though it's left the other accounts!!
  • twinkUK
    twinkUK Posts: 332
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hmm I tried making a Faster Payments transfer from my Santander business account first thing this morning to my Lloyds personal current account. It's normally pretty much instant but hasn't arrived there yet. It's showing as having left Santander and I haven't had any kind of error message from them so I'm guessing the problem is somewhere in LTSB Group. Brilliant - that's my mortgage not getting paid today then. Which ironically is C&G, also part of LTSB!
    Top Wins - £1,900 ITV Real Deal, titanium bike frame, 55" TV & 12m Sky Q, signed guitar, 7 night eco break, 100 iTunes credits, Blu-ray player, PS4, TV/blu-ray player/speakers/PS3, Bike Lock, tix to Marc Almond, Bon Jovi, Charlatans, PiL & backstage with Peter Hook & Howard Marks
  • Seems a bit more than a Faster Payment problem. We sent pay to staff by BACS to arrive today and all staff who bank with Lloyds & Halifax had their pay returned to our bank and not credited. Those who bank elsewhere had no problems.
  • I just spoke to a lady at the Halifax who said it should be fixed by later this afternoon and all faster payments will go through as soon as it is back up and running.
  • I just spoke to a lady at the Halifax who said it should be fixed by later this afternoon and all faster payments will go through as soon as it is back up and running.

Good to know
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,949
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Would be great if the OP could update the title to include Lloyds as well.

Also this sounds like it could be as big as the RBS debacle - hopefully one of the MSE team could start working on it. I don't want to go through the halle of being charged by LTSB/others because paymetns don't happen because I am unable to redeposit my funds that have been stozed elsewhere for the weekend.
    I think....
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    innovate wrote: »
    The legally required turnaround is by end of next business day.

I thought Faster payments was usually instant, but def a max of two hours. next day is not a FB
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport