Behind with very payments

Hi I've stupidly got a bit behind with my very payments and i cant afford to pay the take 3 or minimum amount so each time im getting charged their daft charges i just don't seem to be getting anywhere? Advice please.. the total is only 240 is there a card that i could possibly get that could pay it off for now and stop it increasing silly amounts each month... ?

Comments

• Arleen
    Arleen Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sell something on ebay?
  • Cka
    Cka Posts: 131 Forumite
    Been racking my brains don't really have anything of value to sell....
  • Arleen
    Arleen Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    In that case post an SOA and we will have a look at where you can save some money to bring you up to speed :). You can find soa forms in the sticky of this board.
  • Very will accept a temporary arrangement if you contact them. They have done for me in the past.
  • I'm in DMP now, with Very included. Prior to my DMP, though, Very were extremely accommodating. When I called to explain that I was struggling, they removed the charges and froze interest for three months - they advised me to contact StepChange in the meantime, which I did (although this was due to a whole host of debts rather than just one account).

Give them a buzz and explain you situation. They treat each case individually based on circumstances, so there's no guarantees about what/how much help they will give you, but they WILL help.

The hardest lesson I've learned is that if I'd just contacted all of my creditors, I wouldn't be in the mess I am now.

Good luck with it x
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Agreed, you have to tell them your struggling, otherwise how would they know ?

They are not always accomodating, but they should be able to do something.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure