What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/02

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 February 2017 at 12:01PM
    Morning guys :) argh there's another pox on our house! I have woken up this morning with a sore throat, madam is still sneezing and coughing. It has been one thing after another since xmas!

I had been hoping to go for a run this morning so that has put paid to that!

had a lovely meal out with 2 girlfriend's last night. We worked together years ago and have kept up meeting up a few times a year. Was spendy but lovely to see them and have some belly laughs :D I've also been hankering after food not cooked by my hand so that scratched that itch ;) One of my friends has done extremely well for herself financially and I do feel very poor when I'm with her!

Things for today:

* check banks
    * some masters prep
    * hang out washing
    * oh taking los for lunch
    * pick up bits needed for making oh's birthday cake for tomorrow while I'm out and also some card so madam and I can get crafty
    * 10 minute meditation
    * return car seat
    * paint some sealant over a water stain in our kitchen
    * list some bits on fleabay
    * clean out fridge

Ok that's me. I want to try to get everything done on my list today!

Happy valentines guys, hope you are all loved by someone and yourself x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi guys :wave:

Get well soon DNMS!

Funny story - guy in front of me yesterday bent down to pick up a coin in the street... Then turned round all embarrassed when he realised I saw him :rotfl: No need to be embarrassed, young man! Man after my own heart :rotfl:

Got to work early as per new routine – not actually working but means I get dropped off then have time to put my make up on, have brekkie, check YNAB/banking, chat with you lot, get a free tea :D

So…
    Used up freebies/gifts – moisturiser, make up
    Cheapo porridge brekkie – free milk in work makes it taste sweeter :p
    Made OH have brekkie rather than buying a sandwich in work :naughty:
    Cheapo HM tomato soup for lunch – this is the last of it but I’ll definitely make more ;)
    Got a free audio book with prime membership – Agnes Grey this month :cool:
    Need to put clothes away tonight
    Housework to keep me out of spending trouble :naughty:

OH is working until 10 so not quite sure if the romantic meal for two at home will pan out…plus, our oven is definitely kaput so it would only be a micro meal!
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What a YS haul, FVD! :T

Yorkshirelass - those leggings sound FAB!!! Hope today goes OK with your dad xx
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 February 2017 at 8:21PM
    Morning all :)
    No great plans for today - OH is out this morning so I am waiting in for a delivery. Need to go to the post office with some ebay items later though. Apart from that, I have / will:
    Dog walks x 2 (I done) Done
    Washed hair with 'use up' shampoo. Shan't buy that brand again!
    Wrap 2 ebay items and do paperwork for post office drop off for those and the one I have delayed posting at buyer's request Also sold another item just before I had planned to go to the post office, so wrapped it in double quick time and took that as well. Used spare sticky labels from RM surveys to address them :)
    Check for surveys A couple for onepoll, who seem the most productive atm
    Check banks Done the one without the fiddly oojamaflip to generate a code, must get this out and check the other one!
    Check BT account and see what they are up to :cool: Done, they seem to have done more or less what I asked...
    Fold up dry washing and put any that needs it in airing cupboard, rest away :)Done
    Freezer tetris when Campbells meat order arrives :eek: Done, all in excpet for a pack of smoked mackerel which DH wants left out for lunches, and sausages that we had tonight. All present and correct, and I am very pleased with what has arrived :)
    'Do something' with a chunk of camembert that needs using.Might do a quiche, I am quite into making pastry again atm :)Not done
    Speaking of which, think about freezing one of the large pies I made yesterday - the other was started for pudding last night, and DS has taken some of the small ones to work to impress his new boss :rotfl:Hmm, most of the small ones have gone now, and the large one is much smaller now, so I will leave the other one out I think... I am sure it will disappear ofits own accord within a few days :rotfl:
    Not sure what to make for dinner (meal planning fail :o) something out of the Campbells box that won't fit in the freezer I expect :rotfl:Gorgeous pork, haggis and herb sausages, really nice - we had them with nutmeg mash, onion gravy and peas :D
    Start a shopping list, getting a bit low on some basics like porridge and teabags :eek: Picked up these bits in Sainsburys. Also bought a few packs of reduced bacon, reduced to about half price, which is good for round here :) Managed to get those in the freezer as well!

Received a package from RM surveys which included 2 packs of stamps and a strong plastic bag for packaging, which I have already used :)

Nothing very ambitious today :o Hope everyone has a good one :)
  • :hello: all. Thanks for starting us off yesterday Ziggy am working at home today :j

I have/will:

Post 5 fleabay sales, 2 more to wrap. Using some gifted/recycled wrappings
    Run if I have time later
    Dd1 to brownie day, she'll get lunch and lots of activities. DH has walked here there and I'll walk up later and get her
    Few soft blueberries in baked oats for breakfast
    I've already made tonight's tea :D
    DH gave me a year on year valentines card he's been sending me since 2013 ;)
    DH has lost his card for his new account that came for his switch and we need it to activate the online banking fully :eek: I think it's been thrown away. However, kitchen looks sparkling as he moved everything yesterday whilst looking for it :rotfl:
    Check banking, surveys, FPL and £co

I'll check back later. Purps.
  • ha ha loving the "Purps", Purps!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Morning all
    DD dropped her phone in a sink full of water last night (aaahhh) so my DH has been on operation recovery. It's been in the airing cupboard, in a plastic bag with rice and on the radiator! We're going to switch it on tonight - fingers crossed everyone.
    - post an eBay parcel
    - DH has a refund from HMRC so he's sorting that out in line
    - need to buy some new foundation I'm going to check the Boots app today and I've got a gift card to use up
    - FPL and Facebook comps
    - checked market research nothing worth doing
    That's all for me today, LP x
    Competition wins £13,987.09
  • Happy Valentines all,

It's all bait of a shambles around here today so a big clean up in order - probably only take an hour if I get cracking!

List:
    *Washing mountain - need to catch up on putting away too.
    *File paperwork
    *15 mins of putting things away
    *Quick vacuum
    *Bathroom needs a little attention
    *Survey experiment
    *Work, work, work
    *All meals from stores

Hope you have a lovely day!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • I need to give my fridge a good old clean too...
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • Well after a horrible and mopey weekend I still feel sad but moving on with real life.
    My mum is in denial about her cat, but we're all on standby when the time comes. The good thing is it's like party central with her cat, he doesn't know any different, is adapting and life is generally a party with lots of fuss and chew sticks.
    * managed to sort paperwork out without messing anything up
    *have checked my banking.started to get abit spendy over the weekend so have reigned myself in.
    *just been trying to sort out whether daughter is going in for her op today........turns out she's not, unfortunately our local hospital is not the best when it comes to communication:(
    * got a few bits sorted yesterday so except for ironing Everest, I do feel on top of things again.

FVD very jealous of ur YS bargains and my niece has just texted me to say about her haul of YS goodies last night. Did find ur stinky cheese story funny:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ziggy hope everything goes okay with the tests

Right off to do some paperwork for a meeting tonight.....a meeting with cake.....so I will def be there!:D
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills