Savings accounts deposits by Direct Debit? UPDATED

Options

Comments

• veryintrigued
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    i'm not sure whether that is sarcasm veryintrigued, but on the off chance:T anyway,

No sarcasm
  • block10
    block10 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it possible to set-up a direct debit for Premium Bonds? Cant see anything on NS&I web page other than a standing order.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You've not been on the end of one of her bitter campaigns then;)

And yes 2010.. I am interested in the best rates accessible via DD. Tesco IS at 1.4pc. Is there anything beating, or even comparable, with that?
  • planteria
    Options
    I don't think that is possible. Best to buy them in a block though, block:)
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And yes 2010.. I am interested in the best rates accessible via DD. Tesco IS at 1.4pc. Is there anything beating, or even comparable, with that?
    You mean you want to deposit money into a savings account and use it to earn interest? I almost forgot they could be used for that :p
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 January 2015 at 7:48PM
    Options
    what are the best paying alternatives to TescoBank for Savings Accounts which allow DD contributions?
    I thought it was pretty much taken as read that these accounts are only recommended as a means of satisfying the conditions for current acccounts that pay decent interest! In other words, if you're wanting to maximise interest, use these accounts as temporary homes for small amounts before transferring out somewhere better to get a better rate....

Edit: just saw post #24, as you say, as it happens, Tesco is currently as good as other easy access savings accounts, albeit only by virtue of the one year bonus, so if you've filled up all the 3-5% opportunities then there are worse places to dump surplus funds if you want to keep significant amounts in cash form.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am interested in the best rates accessible via DD. Tesco IS at 1.4pc. Is there anything beating, or even comparable, with that?
    Yes, at least one from those listed on the first page. But have I seen a post saying Tesco is dropping later this month/early Feb?

There's obviously a very good reason why you want to lose interest for 1-2 days whilst your funds transfer via DD (as opposed to instantly via FP). Care to share?
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

Haven't got a clue.
    Ask innovate she will know
    :D
  • planteria
    Options
    She "knows" all sorts of things, whether there's any truth involved doesn't matter too much;)

And yes.. Using to satisfy criteria, but tend to leave to accumulate..so if there can be some interest generated that's a bonus.

Which is the One, Yorkie?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Which is the One, Yorkie?
    If you get to the 3rd one you've gone too far!

It's also listed on the best savings account article on the main site, alongside Tesco...but only one nominated account.

Only fair that we both do some work. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport