Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    morning all, better weather today so far.

got a call from cross stitch crazy yesterday asking me if i wanted to subscribe to any of the sister mags at 6 for £9 i think it was, said thanks but no thanks might help someone else to know they are ringing round

louise i much prefer the angels hands in the new position.
    robin looks lovely

i wouldnt have thought of looking on ebay for the celtic stitches so thank you to whoever suggested that (think it was either Louise or chicky)

glad the meals out and theatre trips went well last night our meal was good but service was a bit of a farce, ordered sat and waited then two desserts were brought to the table, no we hadnt ordered them, waitress seemed a bit put our refusal. waited another while then food came had to ask 4 times for the sides and sauces wed ordered. then when waitress came to check we were ok we ordered more drinks we finished our meals and sat chatting so she came back and said did we want desserts. we said we still hadnt had the drinks wed ordered so no wed just have the bill. funnily enough that was bought over pretty quickly and because she guessed our friends really werent happy she hovered to make sure she got paid. LOL
    they give out customer service surveys with the bills there im filling mine in later. (insert honest but evil laugh)

hope everyone manages something stitchy today, watching dallas repeated toninght so will either be knitting or stitching while thats on
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Ladies.

beg. Snowglobes are not for this xmas but hoping to have them done for next, 2013 :)

Louise. Lovely little stitches, I especially like the Robin.
  • littlestar1981
    Options
    hello,

Having a lovely stitchy morning in the conservatory, and shocked to feel the sun on my back given that just under 24 hours ago we had hailstone, heavy rain, thunder and lightening! Great British weather eh....

As I was moving my stitch hoop on Calendar Bears I thought I'd take a pic... big banner along the top to do and the little banners and a few spots here and there but the end is in sight!

Photo18-10-2012112820.jpg
    OU Student! - ED209, SDK125, DSE212, SK124, DSE141, SD226, DXR222, DD303, DD307 = BSc Psychology
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    :( Need to phone a couple of companies today and I really don't want to! :(

Hate phoning strangers but needs must - one of them is my online savings acc, haven't been able to access my Xmas savings for days and I'm starting to worry :o

Dunno what stitching I will get done today, will take something with me to my mums when I visit later. I'm not getting on too well with Project 12, the half and quarter stitches have really put me off :(

Right...time to stop procrastinating.....
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • sk00bie1
    sk00bie1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey all!

We've got nicer weather here as well, and it's Thursday which means it's nearly Friday :D

Just got a call from Mum, lots of packages have arrived for me so now doubly looking forward to finish time!

Have ordered a whole bunch of stuff from eBay for a new project and some threads for niece 1's door sign so wonder what's waiting for me?!

Work today is a bit grrrrr, people trying to make me do a whole lot of unecessary work as they are too lazy!

Ailsb - Congratulations on your anniversary! I'm glad your OH liked a good marriage too :)

Ruth_honey - Great to hear you're up and about!

Littlestar - Lucky you re the magazines and love the bear update

Flat_Eric - sorry to hear about the road rage incident, hope you're feeling ok now.

I got some stitching done on the Angel last night :T Hoping to do more tonight as well. Will post a pic later too xx
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26 :hello:
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
  • blue_eyed_girl
    Options
    Louise - angel card looks great - much prefer your positioning of hand. Little robin looks lovely too. I sympathise with you re making calls to 'strangers'. Yet in my full-time many years ago, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. I worked in a building soc - covered for assistant manager on mat. leave as well, I would arrange mortgages/sort people out with arrears etc and didn't bat any eyelid. But now - if I can get someone else to call for me (usually DH) I will or I have to really pysche myself to do it. What has happened to me - is it an age thing or is it the fact that I am in a different environment now.

littlestar - wow all those mags. Bet your 'to do' will be growing :p:D Love the teddies btw.

sk00bie - I love it when parcels arrive - even when its just a bunch of threads - I know - I am really sad these days :D

No stitching for me yet today. Got some chores that MUST get done today and I have got aerobics tonight :(.

Take care everyone

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • benny1981
    Options
    Hello :wave:

Phew glad to catch up at last but it's taken 3 sessions, and I thought I was a speed reader:rotfl: But all that must mean is that there have been a lot of great finishes, good starts and brilliant planning going on!

I have finally got a new computer, it takes about 30 secs from pressing on to being online. The old one needed very careful and loving attention, if I was online within the hour it was going well but I had to know never to slag it off, or shout or it would turn off again, so now I don't know which site to look at first now I have speed:rotfl:

I'm still working on the welcome banner - have no photos at the mo but will take some when I am stitching later, this will def be a looonnnnggggg project!

I am planning some Christmas cards, they are white Scandinavian designs on a blue background. Pale blue, does anyone know a nice crisp pale blue evenweave? I have looked on various sites but there are quite a few different shades and I know from the past the shade I seem to get differs a lot from what shows on my screen. I did go to the only needlecraft shop in the country (I think - craftworld) and they only sell white evenweave and although they do stock some aifa blue is not among them. Does anyone have any recommendations?
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    *Louise* wrote: »
    Couple of small bits I have finished since Sunday:

I thought this Angel looked like she had stomachache so I changed the position of her hand :rotfl:

October2012006-1.jpg

Little Robin. Simple yet effective.

October2012007-1.jpg

Louise - these are lovely. Its funny, I was only thinking this morning/yesterday that I fancy a stitchy weekend and that I want to stich some xmas themed designs.

How many hours a week do you think you spend stitching? I know I would do more if I didn't get so tired and if work and housework didn't get in the way.
    I went to the Mousetrap at the theatre last night - not very crafty, or MSE but very good nonetheless...

Can't tell you whodunnit though, because it's a secret :) x

:rotfl: I saw it in London a couple of years ago (the same year Blur did a reunion gig at Hyde Park). I can't actually remember whodunnit ! What I do remember is willing myself not to throw up during the first half as we had had dinner at TGI Friday then I had bought a huge ice cream from Ben & Jerr$ or the other ice cream shop? I seem to remember the seats in the theatre were really close together so I'm sure the patrons in front of me would have been absolutly delighted if I had been ill.

I did see that it was on at the theatre and was going to get tickets (same one as you have gone to I expect) but decided against it in the end.

So feeling headchey today so may just veg on the sofa and do not very much tonight but if I do feel up to it - may do some stitching :T
  • sk00bie1
    sk00bie1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    benny1981 wrote: »
    Hello :wave:

I am planning some Christmas cards, they are white Scandinavian designs on a blue background. Pale blue, does anyone know a nice crisp pale blue evenweave? I have looked on various sites but there are quite a few different shades and I know from the past the shade I seem to get differs a lot from what shows on my screen. I did go to the only needlecraft shop in the country (I think - craftworld) and they only sell white evenweave and although they do stock some aifa blue is not among them. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Hi Benny! I did this design on blue evenweave;

photo-4.jpg

I think the chart wanted 'delft blue aida' although I'd have to check. I chose 25ct lugana in light blue and I got it from sew and so. They also do the 28ct version if you need that.
    The colour is coming out pretty true on my screen.
    sk00bie - I love it when parcels arrive - even when its just a bunch of threads - I know - I am really sad these days :D

b_e_g

Don't worry b_e_g, I'm exactly the same :)
    I went to the Mousetrap at the theatre last night - not very crafty, or MSE but very good nonetheless...

Can't tell you whodunnit though, because it's a secret :) x

I went to this when I was at school, and I remember enjoying it immensly. Can't for the life of me remember who the culprit was though :( Haha snap Flat_Eric! Just saw your post :rotfl:

I finished kitty stocking this lunchtime,:j Just has to put backing on tonight and take a pic for you all.

Yay! Another thing crossed off my list :T
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26 :hello:
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Of course with the Mousetrap there are 5 different endings as well! I have been three times and a different murderer each time :rotfl:

Someone give me a boot up the proverbial to get my crochet out will you :o
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport