LOIS JEWELLERY Feedback Thread

Comments

• I just wanted to say we stopped by Lois jewellery in Birmingham today and they were absolutely lovely people to deal with. Extremely friendly staff and advertisied exact amount on their website. Never been easier and we walked away with £400 and two happy kids who were pleased with the candy bars a staff member gave them as a treat. I would definately go back and recommend this place before anyone else now. Thank you again! :D
  • tallyhoh
    tallyhoh Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    nexuss wrote: »
    3 first posters praising what a coincidence :)

Rather a lot of new posters, how on earth did you all find this thread?

However I will be trying them. Thanks for the tips.
    Tallyhoh! Stopped Smoking October 2000. Saved £29382.50 so far!
  • Skint_Lynne
    Skint_Lynne Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As you can see,

I am an 'old' poster and I have used this company. They offer a fantastic service. I have recommended them to friends and relatives and everyone is happy with what they get for their scrap.

I found them after doing research on the internet.
  • ukstocks5
    ukstocks5 Posts: 35 Forumite
    for the benefit of moneysavers and not lois jewellery, i can recomend them as being the best payers of scrap gold to members of the public who can walk in off the street, the price is on their website daily and is also advertised on a blackboard outside their shop, i personally dont use lois as i use a trade only counter and i only get pennies more per gramme and on some days lois have actually beaten trade prices, as i say this is for the benefit of money savers not lois and to prove it all you have to is check their website and phone the competitors but never use these postal gold services, you will be robbed without doubt.
  • After seeing an advert for scrap gold for a local jewellery shop I took mine in on Saturday. I was a littel disappointed after being offered £450 as I thought this was a little low having already been offered £490 about 6 months ago. I then did a bit of research over the weekend and came across Lois Jewellery. I phoned them on Monday morning, sent my scrap gold Monday afternoon and received a phone call today at 11.15 to say my scrap was worth £681. The website had estimated I would receive just over £800 but it turned out that 1 chain was not gold, plus they took the movement out of the watch I sent. I am delighted with the efficient service and would definitely use them again. I wouldnt normally use a thread for this but I am so impressed that I just had to let you know just how good this company is. :T
  • I have used Lois now three times. The first two times I filled in their form on their website which gives you the opportunity to enter the weight of your items and it gives you the amount you can expect with the gold scrap value for that day which it also makes clear to you. I sent off by next day delivery. Lois rang me the next morning with an offer, each time their total was just very slightly less than what I had estimated it to be but this is because some of the items were probably not 9ct gold I have just again this morning sent off again to Lois with total confidence they are a very efficient organisation and I would thoroughly recommend them. I fist saw about Lois via Money Week.:rotfl:
  • I posted a reply yesterday on here recommending Lois but today I am a little disappointed their service is quick and the money is in the bank straight away but I sent off gold yesterday.... on their site it was stating 8.80 per gram... the amount I sent would come to £573 but by the time they rang late afternoon with the offer on their site it had gone up to £9 per gram which should have given me £592. When I sent gold before when the price on their site went down to when I actually sent the gold they gave me the lower amount so they should have given me the higher amount but they refused. So although I still say they have a good service and pay a high rate I think I may try someone else now.
  • 'Another new poster' might be your first reaction, however I've been following MSE for aeons without joining in and last week's guide on selling gold spurred me into action...
    I'd had two quotes from high street jewellers for a 9ct gold chain with a 1903 Edward VII gold half sovereign in a pendant setting attached. One quoted me £120 and said it was a half-crown, the other offered £140 and said it was 'nothing to speak of'. At the time I thought their offers were ridiculous and forgot about it for a while. After reading through the gold selling article, I phoned Lois Jewellery last Friday and they immediately offered £88 for the half-sovereign alone plus their quoted rate per gram for the 9ct chain.
    Yesterday I calculated a value of £314.25 - Lois's quoted rate for 9ct had risen since last Friday, so I sent it off to them by Post Office Special Delivery yesterday lunchtime, costing £5.05. This morning they called to say they had received it and calculated it at £316. I accepted on the spot and the money was in my bank account before lunchtime today!
    Amazing service from very friendly people and I am really happy to recommend them!
    I'm so glad I didn't allow myself to be ripped off by the high street jewellers and a big 'thank you' to MSE too, for pointing me in the right direction!
  • I recently sent my scrap gold and silver to Lois Jewellery, the special delivery postage was hefty and cost me just under a tenner.

However, I had a phone call the following day offering to pay me more than the site estimate! due to my dodgy kitchen scales. Sure enough my cheque arrived the following morning.

I'm delighted, got rid of my old gold, more money than expected and an excellent honest service!!!:rotfl:

No mortgage but a teenage dirt bag to waste my money! :p
  • Wayne-Kaz
    Wayne-Kaz Posts: 13 Forumite
    The missus had a sort out and found a load of old gold stuff

I had a look about google and found cash4mygold offering £9.10/gram. Next I came here to do a quick search, and found a couple of threads that said not to touch them with a bargepole but use Lois instead

I went to Lois's website, which was offering £9.15/gram. Fired up my kitchen scales (1g increments) which showed 54grams totalling a fat £494.10. Went to the PO yesterday at 4:30pm with a parcel!

Today at 1:40 I got a phone call from them confirming the amount and price. 3.15pm today I checked my account and there it is, in total

Dont be put off by their amateur cheap looking website - obviously they dont waste cash on web design but give it back to their customers.

Shocked, amazed, VERY impressed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport