Monarch delays & Compensations. Listed flights denied in O.P.

Options

Comments

• WPC123
    WPC123 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/MonarchComplaints/posts/581049818723072

It appears there are a number of people who are entitled to claim on a number of flights!
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 September 2016 at 10:58PM
    Options
    It's beginning to look like Monarch are in the process of closing operations.

Details should be in the press tomorrow.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/monarch-airlines-strongly-denies-rumours-11936873
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So they waste the CAA's time and money with EC261 2004 claims and now this, please give the CAA some teeth to bite when they need to.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • alistairstubbs
    Options
    We were delayed on our return from Cyprus on 31st of August. I cant fault Monarch really. They advised us before check in opened that we would not be flying until the next day. We were bused to a Hotel and given an evening meal and Breakfast the following morning before being bused back to the Airport. At Check in we were given vouchers for refreshments in the airport and were also given refreshments on the plane. I put in a claim using the forms on their website and within a few days had an email saying they would pay my claim. The cheque arrived yesterday. The flight was delayed as the outgoing plane had a fault and had to be swapped by the time the replacement got to Cyprus the crew had run out of hours.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We were delayed on our return from Cyprus on 31st of August. I cant fault Monarch really. They ............... ays had an email saying they would pay my claim. The cheque arrived yesterday. The flight was delayed as the outgoing plane had a fault and had to be swapped by the time the replacement got to Cyprus the crew had run out of hours.
    We won't hold our breath, but maybe,just maybe Monarch are learning? If they last long enough......
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • MrsMosMos
    Options
    Success. After almost four and a half years we learned today that we have secured €1800 compensation for delays previously declared to be ECs by Monarch. We used a company called flight-delayed and agreed a 25% cut of our compensation for their fee. Still worth it as Monarch were not prepared to pay me when I made a claim.
  • mcphunny
    Options
    we travelled with Monarch from Birmingham to Malaga on 27 August 16. They had a complete computer failure which affected all Monarch flights and subsequently we were delayed over 3 hours. We submitted a claim to Monarch when we returned home but they rejected the claim as they said it was the fault of a third party so out of their control. We appealed to the CAA who upheld our appeal and said that as Monarch should have had a backup system, they should pay however they had no power to make Monarch pay and they were still refusing. All the CAA could advise was taking legal action against Monarch.#
    I wrote to Monarch's CEO referring to the CAA's outcome but their response was still a refusal to pay.

Has anyone any suggestions as an alternative to legal action? I'm not sure legal action is worth it. Has anyone else had any success from that same day as thousands would have been affected?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport