PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 5th March 2018

Options

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It feels a lot milder this morning so I will delay putting the heating on as we have burned through so much gas whilst the cold snap was here. I will be here on m y own for most of the day anyway and I have the dogs to cuddle if it gets too chilly :).

Steve has left for work and Phoebe is in the shower. No sign of the other two yet. I will jump in the shower once the girls have finished with the bathroom and dig out a jumper to wear today.

I am going to make beef madras for dinner tonight with the leftovers from yesterday. I am sure there will be complaints that it will be too spicy but there is always beans on toast as an alternative.
    I made myself a nice breakfast of the last of my home made bread toasted with marmite and a sliced tomato and then I had a vanilla yoghurt with some berries. It was very tasty and should keep me filled up for a while. I haven't been able to stop myself overeating for weeks now and I have put on weight so I am going to track my calories for a while and cut down where I can.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 5 March 2018 at 8:18AM
    Options
    Morning all

Looks to be a nice day here with the sun peeking through a bit, I hope those of you that still have snow are able to get out and about soon.

Off to work for me day eight :( and Ive had enough ! came home yesterday completely shattered and a bit tearful as it was a busy day and very full on, its just getting too much for me.

Not sure about dinner tonight will go and look in the freezer after this it will have to be something quick and easy.

Not doing anything else tonight it can wait till tomorrow.

Take care everyone and have a good day xx
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off Hollyharvey

Good news Csarina.

Snow has gone so I think we will go for a walk, will be good to get out.
    Hopefully can get the washing line dried.

Have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning chums, and a strange yellow ball in the sky :):):) yup its the sun.
    The thaw has got rid of the majority of the horrible white stuff and I am going for a nice walk to the library this morning to return my books and then a good stroll around the park.

Just to get some fresh air is wonderful after being stuck indoors for a week. :):) No food shopping needed as I am still working my way through the stuff indoors .

I have put the washing on. and hopefully it will get a bit of a blow on the line then I will stick it on the airer in the conservatory I hate drying stuff inside.

Just to see the roads and paths clear is fantastic after all the bad weather, Hopefully the bin men will turn up this week along with the postmen.

I hope those of you who still have snow can get around a bit better, its 9c here at the moment and bright which is enough to cheer my Monday morning up.

Happy birthday to those who are celebrating.The clocks change this month as well so spring will definitely be on the way.

Csarina thank goodness your DD is home again I do hope she recovers quickly, what a nasty experience.

Nannywindow I too can remember the winter of '47 and of '63 '47 was especially bad because of severe rationing plus shortages of coal, it was coats as well as blankets on the beds back then :)

Hope you all have a great day and perhaps the sun will shine down on you too

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So pleased to hear your daughter is home Csarina.
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Dolly has been walked and is now resting in her bed . The weather is quite pleasant after the last few days.
    DS is driving me mad and still has no job he is waiting on some paperwork for one but does not seem motivated as he has aspergers very mildly he needs to keep busy
    Countdown now for holibobs i need to start packing this week as i have lots of appointments and DH is off to Italy for business ,DD2 is popping home on friday to go to a local spa with her bestie ,DD1 is taking me out for lunch and last min holiday shopping on Thursday and I have booked pedi manicure and hair for this week as well and breathe .
    Dinner tonight pie n mash we are still eating out of the freezer so no shopping this week for us.
    Hugs to all who need them have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I've not been able to post since last week because of the snow. I've been snowed in at the flat and I couldn't remember my new password for here and didn't fancy the hassle of changing it all.

All is well. Indeed the weather has been bad, as I'm sure it has for us all. Fortunately my mum has a jeep, and she could collect me and take me to the supermarket (which had hardly anything in it). I think we've seen the last of it thankfully. I do hope everyone has been keeping well.

Back to normal today. Gym this morning and football tonight.

Hope everyone has a nice day :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

I have just read the meters it appears that we have used 57 units of gas last week, the bill £83 eekkkkk.......this is why I was so cross they put the payment down and refunded £100 in the autumn. I have already transferred money over from the electric account. I am going to have to ring them......... I am going to change suppliers when my present deal comes to an end.

Its a bright morning, although there are clouds on the horizon, I have the bed linen in the washer but doubt it will dry on the line. Will put it out anyway.

My trusty Remoska gave up the ghost yesterday. I think I have had it 0ver 10 years, it was around £80 when I bought it. Ordered a new one, £149.00 some inflation!! although I have to admit they have updated it and changed the base and lid. I actually bought my first one around 1998, it was replaced when the glass fell out of the lid and the second one when it start blowing the electrics, so that was my third one. The first two were replaced no questions asked.

Message from DD2 she slept the clock round again, stiff and sore but feeling a bit better this morning. going daft because she cannot wash her hair. Wonder if she could use a dry shampoo, any thoughts???? obviously she will have to keep it out of the wound.

Time to go. Having sacked my cleaners I am going to have to shift my butt and do it myself. Doing the bedroom this morning as I have stripped the bed. Also need to sort out the toilet, I am going to doo the bathroom before we go to DD2's tomorrow, will use the steamer on it. Coffee morning at the little chapel on Wednesday. Aldi Thursday to replenish stocks and do any shopping DD wants. So a busy week ahead.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Later today, not sure why just seem to have dawdled a bit :D

All the snow has gone thankfully and the sun is peaking through the clouds, it certainly lifts the spirits to see some sunshine after so many grey and cold days.
    Need to get some general chores done this morning and then over to see Lu later, hopefully we can have a gentle leg stretch to blow the old cobwebs away.

Your daughters guardian angel was certainly present Csarina being hit by a lorry albeit at 20 mph is serious indeed, glad she is recovering at home.

Mr Weller is singing “ You do something to me “ on the radio, our song, feeling gooey now.

Have a good day folks x
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all, thank you Holly for the new thread.

Still lots of snow on the gardens and footpaths here, the promised rain did not happen yesterday to help clear it:( We are going to the SM today and I need to go into town for a few urgent bits, but worried about the state of the pavements, I think they will be fine in the town, but not from there to here IYSWIM. Will play it by ear.

Csarina - A couple of years ago I had a bad fall while away in the caravan and gashed my bonce, I got around the hair washing thing by diluting some shampoo with water in the basin, squeezing out a flannel dipped in it and rubbing that through partings I kept making in my hair, didn't use much shampoo because I couldn't rinse it properly, but it freshened things up for a few days while it healed a bit, then on to dry shampoo for a few more days, trying to avoid the scabby area. Not ideal, but it made me look and feel better:D

Ooooh goody the sun has just put his hat on, must get the WMC on.

Hugs and spoons all.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure