PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2018 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm not giving up, but it is going to be a struggle this month. I'm determined to keep trying though. Today I resisted the urge to buy lunch at work and had my leftovers reheated - much nicer and great satisfaction not spending. Had a few spends on the way home tonight, including the kitty food from the vets. Still no chicken breast in MrL but picked up a couple of marinated ones and they were really nice. MrA order coming tomorrow but with a few missing items: mushrooms, sweet potatoes, parsnips and swedes. I would hate to have to go to MrS but needs must.

After totting everything up, I should have about £120 left (of £304 :eek:) left for the month. Its around £40 pw, so will be tight, but I can do it :T:T
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Popped by a morries yesterday to see if they had any decent ys bargains. Nothing at all there but I did pick up one of their bags of unwashed potatoes and even better they were cheaper this time £3 for 12.5kg. Should last at least 1 month.
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • Popped into Mr M's for a few items on my mums list.. They still had bare shelves in most of the fresh produce and the small delivery of milk was long gone!
    Luckily wasn't a prob for us as I always keep bread n milk in the freezer.
    Escaped with most of ma's list and a few bits from mine that Ive not ordered from Ocaaados.. :rotfl:
    £27 spend.. Off to add to sig :)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • selloptape
    selloptape Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Went to FF for one milk. Got totally suckered in by the spend £25 get £2.50 off voucher. Now I am the proud owner of an enormous hoard of cereal, cheese, washing up liquid and tuna. Oh and two bottles of milk.

Hoping to avoid shops for a couple of days :mad:
  • Waves! Hello
    I know its the 5th but I am really interesting in joining is it to late?
    I have a set budget of £120 a month. There is just me. So far this month I have spent £3.20!
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    *waves* Hello Indigo Warrior sure everyone will be fine with you joining now,it's still relatively early.

I have spent £10.79 on the 2nd at Morrisons. Went in mainly for their 50p loaf but had to get bagels and an unsliced as bread stocks were low. I also went in yesterday, but need to find the total.
    Got charged full price for Ocado delivery pass too, as it had automatically renewed. I have now cancelled and will just book in whenever is cheapest. My current month runs out end of March,so I am okay for anytime delivery until then though.

Off to add to sig. Hope every one has a good day.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    First spend of the month £6.61 on bananas, apples, peppers, much reduced low sodium salt and some cheap chocolate for adding to a peanut butter frozen yoghurt recipe I'm going to try (i have an excess of natural yoghurt to use up at the moment).

While I was out I picked up mother's Day cards for mum and mum in law so I'm feeling very organised today.

6.61/100
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    And a swift romp around L!dls and Makro has left me £90.60 down, so we have just over £250 for the rest of the month. Which looks fairly do-able... but many a slip twixt cup & lip, as they say! And - I forgot the halloumi... oh dear!
    Angie - GC April 24 £367.67/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • Wysiwyg49
    Wysiwyg49 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm on £140.66 so far. Most of that was on Sunday in a big shop with lots of basics having run out.

Not feeling very creative at the moment, so succumbed to an enchilada kit yesterday. I'm sure it could be made at home for a fraction of the almost £3 it costs for basically tomato puree, corn tortillas and seasoning! Has anyone tried?
    GC Feb 2019 (to 10th) £397.07/£300
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    No spend days Sunday and Monday.
    £2.80 spent today. OH spent £1.53, while I spent £1.27.

For dinner I had vegetable stew with home made buckwheat bread.
    OH had beef stew with bread for dinner.
    We had the same things yesterday.

Me - £5.79/£77.50. £71.71 left.
    OH - £12.88/£77.50. £64.62 left.
    Total - £18.67/£155. £136.33 left
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income