2018 It's My Time

Comments

• Fingers crossed for you. Have you found somewhere to move too ?
    Count down to retirement 2023
  • Wow that is exciting how good to have all those plans to look forward too. The time will go so quickly as well. Think l could do warm weather in a mobile home but maybe not the winter months. Living out of a couple of suitcases might be my undoing though not enough room for shoes.
  • Well just back from my first try at an airbnb property as a mini break and l was very impressed - at least the property was there lol. I had heard of instances where people had paid , turned up and found they had been scammed. I'm not one for hotels as l prefer to do my own thing so this was perfect. (And cheaper)
  • Well l do feel refreshed and have a renewed energy towards my quest to retire. Only bad thing is l took my eye of the frugality l have been following but l'm back on it this morning. All my jars are back upto date and lve even sold a couple of things. I might try eating for a pound everyday this week only going to do 6 days as l'm at a 'do' on Saturday and staying over( budget hotel btw) have even managed to drag myself of to yoga this morning so l must be back on task.
  • MrAPJI wrote: »
    That really is a challenge and to be honest I don't know how people manage to do it.l

Absolutely agree.
  • I think it's going to be tough l'm going to a shop later and l have a muscle food order coming which was a double the amount for an extra £5( l will have chicken coming out of my ears lol.) I will check out the holy grail of shopping the YS aisle( l very very rarely find anything worth buying here) and break my meals down to as near as l can. My lunch of a jacket potato and beans has already cost 40p.
  • As expected the YS aisle was just dust and tumble weed. I don't know how people do it save dumpster diving l won't get to £1 a day but on the plus side today's meals have come in at ......... wait for it, drum roll...... £2.20 l will probably be so hungry later l will eat my own leg lol. See how l go on tomorrow. Enjoy your frugal teas lol
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    MrAPJI wrote: »
    That really is a challenge and to be honest I don't know how people manage to do it. Maybe their cooking skills are 'a lot' better than mine lol
    I think anyone could do it for a week or more if they are starting off with a well-stocked kitchen, with things bought in reasonable quantities from cheap supermarkets rather than having to buy from the over-priced corner shop because the bus fare to the supermarket is £3 :(. Oh, and the rice you did buy in bulk goes off because your cupboards are damp. You can cost out chilli powder at 2p a spoonful, mixed herbs at 1p etc, because you bought it from Aldi, but if the local shop sells herbs and spices at £1.50 you're not going to spend three days worth just on two minor ingredients. Neither wonder people end up with 99p ready meals :(.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • I agree 100% lol. Can cook for 4/6 people no problem and can keep costs low but cook for 1/2 people same amount just lots of waste that then lurks in the freezer unlabelled and unloved for ever so therefore not cost effective.
  • Well today's breakfast was smart price yoghurt with fresh fruit, lunch a pitta and soup with left over potatoes l had made into a potato salad and tea is sausage and veg with wedges l have estimated about £2.50 lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport