Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Nice photo tweets!

Nipped out to post a parcel, pavements are absolutely lethal.
    Wanted to go shopping but changed my mind.
    Everything will have to wait.

Thank you a lady on Facebook makes the pics for me :T

Some pavements are lethal I try and walk where snow/ice sort of melted ,but its the side roads that make me nervous crossing. I get part way across and Poppy decides to go fast and I start sweating :eek:

She gets told she a naughty Poppy when I reach the other side. She just wags her tail :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all

This morning was very bad for ice on our little road - even getting as far as the car was treacherous, I had to walk by clinging to the brickwork of the house. Our road has been flooded at both ends yet again for days, OH said there was a police car at the bottom end so someone must have ended up in a hedge either by going through the flood or now the flood has cleared by sliding along the ice.
    So we set off in the opposite direction literally at a crawl as the road was so bad this morning and immediately decided to try the local Marks as going to the next biggest was very risky.
    Needless to say our little Marks didn't have what I wanted so we ended up going to Marks-on-the hill anyway in the sleet.
    Annoyingly big Marks didn't have what I wanted either but worst still they had no water so the loos were closed and no hot drinks in the caf! :(

What promoted this need for Marks? Just doing more things off the Christmas wish list and Eldest child has said that her OH likes very jazzy socks.
    I had these saved on Amazon but as you can see, very overpriced.
    The Sock Exchange Weekend - United Oddsocks - 6 Oddsocks for Men - £16.95 for 3 pairs :eek:

But on a whim I looked on Marks last night and found these 2 sets which fitted the bill exactly so I ordered both - 10 pairs for £19.50 (50p from Q).

http://www.marksandspencer.com/5-pairs-of-cotton-rich-assorted-socks/p/p60115307?OmnitureRedirect=20241063&cid=7527141

http://www.marksandspencer.com/5-pairs-of-cotton-rich-assorted-socks/p/p60124292?OmnitureRedirect=06260590&cid=7642529

I decided to hedge my bets and order online via Q to be delivered to our little Marks on Sunday.
    If I could find them in store then I could get them using my Android pay £5s and then return the online order.
    Or if they put them in the sale after Christmas I could still
    get them and return the full priced ones.
    As it is these must only be available in the big city center stores

(No I didn't tell OH we were on a sock hunt, otherwise OH would have refused to leave the house :) )
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 16 December 2017 at 4:11PM
    Options
    Afternoon hope your all well.

So you all know I lost my lovely rescue cat Piper last month after 14 years together.

Well after many chats with a very nice lady who is the cat equivalent of our lovely 3 dogs, I would like you all to meet Remi. He is a rescue from a farm. How big are his eyes bless him. He is adorable xx

21012jq.jpg
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • sparklyfee
    sparklyfee Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon everyone,

Just a quick question re: AP......does the phone have to have a SIM in it to work? Hoping not as the android I've got my hands on isn't recognising the sim.

Thank you
  • mhoc
    Options
    cjj wrote: »

So you all know I lost my lovely rescue cat Piper last month after 14 years together.

Well after many chats with a very nice lady who is the cat equivalent of our lovely 3 dogs, I would like you all to meet Remi. He is a rescue from a farm. How big are his eyes bless him. He is adorable xx

21012jq.jpg

He is gorgeous - have you just collected him? Has he had his jabs and the op?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • tweets
    Options

21012jq.jpg

Awe Remy is a little cutie look at those gorgeous eyes :heart:
  • tweets
    Options
    MHOC think it was you who asked.

Did you get your lego from Argos testers ?
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

21012jq.jpg

Awww he is gorgeous xxxx
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    He is gorgeous - have you just collected him? Has he had his jabs and the op?

Thankyou mhoc, he is about 12 weeks so only had 1st jab on Thursday. I wasn't gonna bring him home til I broke up for Christmas next weekend but I just couldn't not bring him home :rotfl:xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • mhoc
    edited 16 December 2017 at 4:33PM
    Options
    Just been looking at Waitroses website at their gins - all very expensive - I know the one day offer is on tomorrow but I wanted something more interesting then normal gin.
    I was hoping to maybe find 2 bottles just under £15 to use a conditional spend but there is almost nothing.

I think it might be back to looking at Amazon. I ordered some elderflower gin for £15 which is supposed to be coming today. This is for eldest child but I am tempted to keep it for ourselves if I can find something else interesting.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01FV8TYX4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I also found some Portuguese strawberry gin but the postage was a massive £12 odd so the total came to over £27 - OMG
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure