Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    cjj wrote: »
    Hi Sarah just looking at you signiture. Walk 3000 in a year. You can do that in less than an hour :rotfl:Xx

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Rhosynbach good luck with the job interview
  • Chrisv wrote: »
    Are you sure that the coconut is in the 2 for £3 Marmie? ie, did you have 6 x 2for£3 discounts on your receipt?

I really should pay attention....:eek::eek:

You're right Chrisv.....I only had 5 2 for £3:o...I'm a wally.....Still I have never tried that one so lost a bit gained a little...:o
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite

You're right Chrisv.....I only had 5 2 for £3:o...I'm a wally.....Still I have never tried that one so lost a bit gained a little...:o

Aw, was kind of hoping I was wrong - would have worked out at 1p a box if it was :)
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    Help desperately needed from the elite please I have never had a birth certificate, ordered a copy on line from government site and its hard to read so no good for job interviews especially when they copy it is this the only copy I can get or is there a way to get a better copy. Thanks
    In the past I have gone to the local registrars office and they give (sell) you a copy that they write out or type out again, rather than a photocopy
  • lj*
    lj* Posts: 234 Forumite

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!:rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My Amazon e voucher came today via email - not too bad as the payment was not taken until the 24th of January.
    I've cancelled the direct debit, messaged the bank and emailed the mag firm. Actually its quite a readable magazine and the last few issues have come with free seed packets.

I've been trying to build up my Amazon gift card balance again as there are a few things I need to get for Errant sons birthday later in the month- one thing I have in the basket in readiness and the other needs some research ...
    This will be the first time in years he has been home for his birthday ( I think he was hoping not to be here this year either) so I need to make a considerable effort.
    Ideally I want to take him to Bella Italia armed with 50% off mains vouchers and AP gift card and a random £10 voucher I have left - this might have to be prior to his birthday so as to fit in with his various shifts

Meanwhile OH says he needs more cats flea pipettes - I have no idea what he does with them but we seem to have gone through the last lot very quickly ...

mhoc wrote: »
    if you are on magazinesdirect emailing address look out today for an email about Amateur Gardening.
    They are offering subscriptions at £11.49 for 12 weeks - for today only if you go through the special link you also get a £10 Amazon e voucher sent to your email address after 28 days.

I think this is the magazine that also gives you free seeds with the cover but I don't know if they also come with postal subscriptions.

I've used my own account so that the direct debit will be obvious when it goes through and I will cancel when the Amazon voucher comes through. (I message my bank to cancel as well as the subscription people to be doubly sure) Also put a note on the calendar and screen shot all the pages to be on the safe side.

And then I pass the mags along via Freecycling
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • pepper77_2
    pepper77_2 Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Multigrain Fruit Porridge (385g) £2.38 £1.22
    0.2x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.15 N/A
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    0.2x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.12 £0.12
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.10
    2x Quaker Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge (360g) £4.76 £2.44
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Mixed Berries Porridge (10x33g) £2.38 £1.22
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Sweet Cinnamon Porridge (330g) £2.38 £1.22
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Variety Pack Porridge (297g) £2.38 £1.22
    Comparison total (compared products only) £15.59 £8.64
    +£6.95 cheaper
  • mhoc wrote: »
    We were up at Ikea in Warrington last Friday and I was wondering how he was settling in - sounds like he has hit the ground running!

He has for sure......Has made a lot of friends already......He went out the first weekend with some of his new work colleagues....Only when he ordered the Taxi....He had to wait two hours.....Foolishly he drank a bit too much spiced Rum before he went out and more beverages during the night...He tells me that he could not remember too much about the night.....Monday morning he was the talk of the office....He had apparently been using his charm on his lady office colleagues having kissed most of them during the night.....:rotfl::rotfl:

He now has a bit of a reputation....Not that he didn't before...I really do not know where he gets it from......That's my boy......:rotfl::rotfl:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    I was just thinking today about your job situation - weather you had decided to do some more job hunting or if you were needed more at home with everything that has been going on.
    I expect its still hush hush until all of the paperwork is complete and you have a proper start date - but it sounds very encouraging to get an offer so quickly ...
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Rhosynbach good luck with the job interview

Thanks both of you, Iast week I decided to just go for a part time shop job for now, filled out several applications and had an interview today and she said after usually I tell people we will be back in touch in a few days but we think you will fit in well so want to offer you the job. :jgot home and offer from head office already emailed.
    Was looking at a cafe locally but after research since the big chains have hit locally in Pwllheli 8 places are closed. Costa and Weatherspoons are packed the local cafes are empty so decided not to take the risk. But am going to do some baking at local coop kitchen to sell locally.as well as a part time job xc
  • lj*
    lj* Posts: 234 Forumite
    11 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda sainsbury's 1x Quaker Oat So Simple Coconut Porridge (10x36g) £2.59 £1.22 1x ASDA Chosen by You Wholefoods Popcorn (500g) £1.25 £1.10 1x ASDA Smart Price Sparkling Spring Water (2l) £0.17 £0.25 1x Nescafe Gold Blend Instant Coffee (200g) £7.49 £5.00 1x Quaker Oat So Simple Original Porridge (324g) £2.38 £1.22 1x ASDA Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g) £0.29 £0.30 2x Quaker Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge (360g) £4.76 £2.44 1x Quaker Oat So Simple Apple & Blueberry Porridge (360g) £2.38 £1.22 1x Quaker Oat So Simple Sweet Cinnamon Porridge (330g) £2.38 £1.22 1x Quaker Oat So Simple Variety Pack Porridge (297g) £2.38 £1.22 Comparison total (compared products only) £26.07 £15.19
    +£10.88 cheaperShop with the lost box:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport