£40 M&S Voucher from BT Broadband

Did anyone get the £40 M&S voucher after signing up to BT Broadband back in October '17? It was on the MSE email dated 4th October.

I've received the Mastercard card they promised no problem - in record time, no less. But this M&S voucher is nowhere to be seen.

Even finding a contact email or number for BT special offers is proving impossible...

Untitled.png

Comments

• chels
    chels Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 February 2018 at 3:53PM
    It's not the same deal as you've quoted but I signed up to a similar deal at the beginning of November which included a £40.00 M&S voucher which I've been battling to receive. Part of my problem though was that my broadband order had generated a different reference number to the type that's accepted on the claim form.

I've called and spoken to various people at BT and Uswitch who were exclusively offering the £40.00 M&S voucher as part of the deal. BT and Uswitch both tried to fob me off by saying it was the other that I needed to deal with, very frustrating! They reckon that this is now being processed and I will receive the voucher/giftcard within 30 days, I'm not convinced but we shall see! Uswitch did mention some sort of extra voucher during one of my calls to compensate me for the trouble which I pushed on my next chasing call and I did get a voucher for 6 free bottles of wine from Naked Wines which I received last Saturday so that's something!

My story doesn't help you much but all I can say is chase them up and don't take no for an answer, good luck!
  • tain
    tain Posts: 711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    chels wrote: »
    It's not the same deal as you've quoted but I signed up to a similar deal at the beginning of November which included a £40.00 M&S voucher which I've been battling to receive. Part of my problem though was that my broadband order had generated a different reference number to the type that's accepted on the claim form.

I've called and spoken to various people at BT and Uswitch who were exclusively offering the £40.00 M&S voucher as part of the deal. BT and Uswitch both tried to fob me off by saying it was the other that I needed to deal with, very frustrating! They reckon that this is now being processed and I will receive the voucher/giftcard within 30 days, I'm not convinced but we shall see! Uswitch did mention some sort of extra voucher during one of my calls to compensate me for the trouble which I pushed on my next chasing call and I did get a voucher for 6 free bottles of wine from Naked Wines which I received last Saturday so that's something!

My story doesn't help you much but all I can say is chase them up and don't take no for an answer, good luck!

That's really helpful, cheers! Shows that they're having trouble with the M&S vouchers and trying to shirk out of paying them out. I could do with 6 bottles of wine so I'll need to give them a call and chase this up! Was there a specific department or number that you called them on?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As per your post did you use the M&S vch claim link within 3 months of activation .
  • chels
    tain wrote: »
    That's really helpful, cheers! Shows that they're having trouble with the M&S vouchers and trying to shirk out of paying them out. I could do with 6 bottles of wine so I'll need to give them a call and chase this up! Was there a specific department or number that you called them on?

No specific or dedicated department/number, I just used the number for BT Broadband Account and Billing and the general contact number for Uswitch and selected the other/anything else type option on the automated system.
  • tain
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    As per your post did you use the M&S vch claim link within 3 months of activation .

Yes, in fact I submitted it about 5 times on different dates to be sure.
  • I also never got voucher but when I tried to look it was no longer showing the m&s voucher so difficult to then claim it so just had the mastercard one
  • chels
    Further to my post above, the Marks & Spencer gift card I've been chasing has been received today! The numerous calls etc were frustrating but ultimately I've now received the rewards I was due plus some free wine so the pain was worth it in the end.

tain - Hopefully you are getting somewhere with chasing your gift card.
  • tain
    chels wrote: »
    Further to my post above, the Marks & Spencer gift card I've been chasing has been received today! The numerous calls etc were frustrating but ultimately I've now received the rewards I was due plus some free wine so the pain was worth it in the end.

tain - Hopefully you are getting somewhere with chasing your gift card.

Glad it finally got sorted! I've since had the reward card that we were owed delivered, but they said they needed to do much more investigation into the M&S vouchers. Can't think why it would be so difficult, but now yours has been resolved hopefully they've seen their errors and everyone can have success. Thanks for the update!
  • tain
    And as if by magic, I get an email saying they've worked out what was going wrong and they'll send the M&S vouchers in 21-30 days!
  • chels
    Glad it finally got sorted! I've since had the reward card that we were owed delivered, but they said they needed to do much more investigation into the M&S vouchers. Can't think why it would be so difficult, but now yours has been resolved hopefully they've seen their errors and everyone can have success. Thanks for the update!

The rewards should be straightforward but often they seem to be problematic, I wonder what percentage of people who have problems give up chasing them and lose out, hmmm?!
    And as if by magic, I get an email saying they've worked out what was going wrong and they'll send the M&S vouchers in 21-30 days!

That's good news! Hopefully you receive your M&S gift card soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure