I've quit everything. Now what ?

Comments

• Here you go AC, this is on the Poole website:
    Bins provided to flats
    For developments of up to 3 apartments individual bins should be used. Provision needs to be made for 1x140 litre refuse bin and 1x240 litre recycling bin per apartment. For developments of 3 or more apartments communal bins will be used (except where prior agreement has been obtained from the Council as Waste Collection Authority).
    The number of communal bins that will be provided reflects the need to control contamination of recycling in communal bins, so capacity is provided on a 50:50 split between refuse and recycling. The overall combined capacity given to flats equates to that of individual dwellings.
    The communal bins are available in 660 litre and 1100 litre sizes (and in exceptional cases, such as house conversions or Elderly Person Dwellings, 360 litres). A combination of these sizes is acceptable but the largest possible size bins will be used and will normally be an 1100 litre bin wherever possible. The table below gives an indication of the number of 1100 litre and 660 litre communal bins required for the number of apartments proposed based on the premise that all apartments have more than one bedroom. If your development is for 1 bedroom/ studio apartments only or a combination of 1 and multiple bedroom apartments, the recycling capacity and refuse capacity could be reduced by agreement with the Waste Collection Authority.
    (The table didn't copy and paste properly)

To discuss arrangements for the collection of domestic waste and recycling please contact:
    Environmental and Consumer Protection Services Unit 1, New Fields Business Park
    Stinsford Road
    Poole
    Dorset BH17 0NF
    01202 261700
    Email: environment@poole.gov.uk
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £104/£365 28.6%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £5.2k/£63.1k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • Thanks very much for that triple choc!:)
    I did look a little further today regarding hiring a bin . It didn't say when they would collect it . Long story , but I'll look further . Great help here tho

Mrs. P : it was about this time last year ( definitely June), where the temperature was over 30 degrees Celsius for 2-3 days. I remember putting in a holiday request for those days ,but being refused because my colleague came up with a c@@k and bull story about things he had to do with his wife and in the end I ended up being rebellious by not wearing a collar and tie for 2 days as it was unbearable .its in my previous diary:)
    The temperatures are going in the same direction . The good thing about now, is im now in pooole !:)
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hey Ac, what does today hold for you? a walk along the coast or similar?
    I'm sat in my office in hampshire, cna't complain though as I get to wear casual clothing and the fire exit is open so lovely breeze coming through. School finishes in 3 weeks tomorrow (not that I'm counting) - can't bloody wait - 8 weeks off!
  • Hello Anna:)

Sounds like you're well ontop of things . I have a dental appointment in an hour . I have 2 things left to have done . Today is a consultation as to whether I could have a bridge/ implant or similar.
    I bit on a wire and pulled very hard. One of my front teeth flew across the room.. no pain..just shock. I had a post put in ,but eventually the tooth kept falling out. So I hope I can get something sorted .
    The other thing I'm thinking of ..having my teeth lightened just a little. I may not need it . I don't smoke or anything . I'm thinking that after all the work I've had done over the last few weeks. , I might as well have the best I can now and just have 6 monthly appointments.

As the weather is gonna be good for another week at least, I will be going out and about and spread my wings a bit .
    I will be visiting the gym to look around either this afternoon or tomorrow . On Monday , I should be signed up as a member for either
    1 or 3 months to start me up . :)
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    hope dentist goes ok AC - my daughter had her teeth whitened after braces came off and they look amazing - just don't go too white haha!!

I noticed a couple of our local gyms have summer 3 month deals at the moment so hopefully there's something near you
  • Thanks Anna :)
    Just going through the menus . The tooth whitening involves a bit of d I y .
    If I decide to go for the dearest option( the dentist does half the work for you ), and go for the bridge and additional work it works out around
    £2000. Cheaper than London prices. It means everything's done then till Xmas . Yes I mentioned Xmas :)
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Thanks Anna :)
    Just going through the menus . The tooth whitening involves a bit of d I y .
    If I decide to go for the dearest option( the dentist does half the work for you ), and go for the bridge and additional work it works out around
    £2000. Cheaper than London prices. It means everything's done then till Xmas . Yes I mentioned Xmas :)

Surely dentures would be hugely cheaper!
  • harz99 wrote: »
    Surely dentures would be hugely cheaper!

Good point harz . Unfortunately , it comes down to the condition of gums etc. & technical waffle . Bear in mind , it comes down to appointments plus I'm having 3 jobs done . If it was london , I would estimate another £1,000-£1,500 ontop of that .
    I'm having ceramic crown fit / ceramic bridge fit , plus impressions etc
    I'm very good at impressions but they are obviously better :)
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    AC - how is it going with your debt payment plan - I think I remember you saying something about a review at the beginning of June?
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • AC - how is it going with your debt payment plan - I think I remember you saying something about a review at the beginning of June?

Good question mrs.p :)

I don't really want to say too much , so as not to get down about it.
    I had a call from payplan last week . All good . I gave them a bit of an update ( not too much as it was more of a courtesy / appt call).
    I told them what I intended to do. Told them my new address etc
    I will be having the full hours discussion next Friday ( 8 days time ).
    The best thing for me to do is be prepared and hope that I can get a
    Figure that everyone is happy with. I may not get an answer there and then , but I know what to do . By this time next month, it should be paid , whatever the sum may be and I can move on .
    I'd rather not mention any more about it till next Friday :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure