Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    oooh new sofas~~lucky lucky you xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Looks like you're reclaiming your life bit by bit. Well done.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Happy half term Buffy. Hope that you manage to get some relaxation time.
  • beanielou
    Hope you are managing to relax Buffster xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Brother in law has had a bad few days, refusing treatment and shouting at the nurses. Obviously he is now terribly disabled and the reality is hitting him. He got a chest infection and that meant strong antibiotics which seem to have affected his state of mind and meant that he has been a lot more honest about things. Also occasionally delirious. He slept for two days and they suspected another stroke. My sister is doing all of the visiting as I have a sinus infection and can't see him. Mum can't go up on her own (I have said I would go with and wait outside but have been told no) So it is all pretty grim to be honest. I am very very worried about my sister.

I am a day behind in my plans. So need to crack on with stuff. Fish tanks. But have the dentist later so am bricking myself about that! Still quite impressed I got the old sofas out of the house.

Mum has drafted a will, in response to the BIL situation, the house would be divided between the 3 of us, which is what I thought would happen. She has put a clause in giving me first refusal to buy it which is good - best get saving big time! It was all very awkward and depressing, Mum is just so sad about the BIL situation.

I think realistically I need to bite the bullet and buy a buy to let place in the next six months. God knows I have done enough research.

I have been trying to sell things online and it is just not working. I don't want to E bay - I wouldn't have time once at work but FB isn't working. Today I am trying Gum tree and Pre loved. Any ideas?

Need to check the banks accounts. I have been spending money I can't afford!

XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    So sorry to read about your brother in law.
    I had not appreciated that your BIL had been left so severly disabled.
    A dire situation all round.
    no idea really what to say really.
    Big hugs xxx

• beanielou
    Hope that dentist goes ok for you.

• Yeah, I don't like to go into specifics on FB as I don't want to feel like I am being over dramatic.

The stroke has left him paralysed down the right side, he was doing well with the physio and had recently been standing for a short period(10 - 20 seconds) but he has only slight feeling in his right leg. He can feel nothing in his right hand/arm and his eyesight has been affected. With physio more of his right side could come back but they don't know. Understandably he has been very negative with this infection and this has set him back a lot. The refusal of treatment was difficult and he has had way more trouble eating. Ultimately this may not be how he ends up but the physio initially said because he was so positive he stood a good chance but these last two weeks it has been different. Saying that my sister took him out in the wheelchair to the courtyard in the hospital today. Although I don't think it had the positive affect it had the first time him went out.

The other worrying thing is the doctor thought he would only got o the rehab place for two weeks before he comes home - that is a bit worrying as their house is not disabled friendly but that is a problem for another day!
  • beanielou
    So what treatment has he refused Buffy?

• beanielou wrote: »
    Hope that dentist goes ok for you.

IT was ok, I have decided that I won't have sedation. It would cost between 500 - 750 and I need to face my fears. Going to cost almost a 1000 pounds as it is.

Appointment is 9th November. I am going to take the day off, I have the option for sedation so will take the day off incase I change my mind!

XXX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family