nuaire drimaster

Comments

• It's arrived and it is big! One last question, how did you wire the heater separately? (We have got an electrician coming to fit it and just want to sound as if I know what I am talking about.) presumably the wires come out of the white control box?

Yes get him to put you a double plug socket in off the ring main then you can have the Heater on a timer plug.

Or a double switched spur but you won't be able to control the heater as easily.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • Yes get him to put you a double plug socket in off the ring main then you can have the Heater on a timer plug.

Or a double switched spur but you won't be able to control the heater as easily.

Sorry, should have said that I already have a double socket in the loft, it is the drimaster itself I am on about. From memory (I am at work so can't double check) there is only one wire that comes out of the main body to a transformer. Does he take the wiring for the heat from the white control box?

There is a wiring diagram on page 3 of the installation leaflet (below)

http://nuaire.info/IandM/671425.pdf

Edit:
    I have just watched this video of how to install the Drimaster -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8sZY5EUA8I

And realised the white box is the heat unit and not a control box so presumably the separate wiring for the heat will come from there.
    Ditch 100 in January Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in February Challenge 114/100
    Ditch 100 in March Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in April Challenge 75/100
  • Yes correct. The fan part will have its own plug and power adapter on it that will control just the blower. The heater unit will have to have wiring cabled into the white conduit box which also has the controls for the heater inside it. On the end of the cable just get him to fit a plug on it and you can control the heater with a timer plug. We set the heater to about 16/17C and have it set from 0600-0800 on a morning weekdays then evenings 1700-2300. Weekends it comes on later on a morning about 0930-1130.
  • We had it installed last Thursday and it is a marvellous bit of kit! Saturday morning there would normally have been condensation covering at least a third of the window as it was very cold overnight but there was nothing.

I have been up in the loft and fitted my wireless plug and also had a look at the settings but need a bit of help on these.

http://nuaire.info/IandM/671425.pdf

Reading the instructions it says there are two separate settings:
    Speed settings (Air Volume) and Temperature Settings.

I have not touched anything but looking at the LED lights it looks as if the speed setting is set to 3 (1 light lit on the left).

How do I know if it is too high? Should I wait for a couple of weeks for it to settle and then turn it down and then wait again. Although I didn't take any humidity readings before, I looked at my kitchen weather station before installation and it has dropped from 64% to around 50%.

The Temperature Controls I haven't checked but I am presuming it is on the default of option 1. Is it best to just leave it on 1?
  • richardc1983
    richardc1983 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    To see what fan speed it is on you need to follow the guide in the book and press the button each time and this will show you the sequence of the lights to match the fan speed.

Mine is on setting 4, ive only got a small 2 bed end terrace house but I like the air to be fresh. Setting 3 I use when it gets really cold but generally setting 4 is ok for me. In the summer we put it on setting 6 the highest setting so that the house is aired really well with clean filtered fresh air.

In regards to the heater setting there isnt a setting 1? So not sure what your referring to, open up the electric box where the heater is wired in and you will see a little dial that can be adjusted with a philips screwdriver, this does not alter the operation of the unit it is purely for your comfort. Mine is at 16C. If the loft drops under this temp the heater pulses on to maintain that the air blowing into the house is at 16C.
  • On page 4 of the instructions I have linked to in my previous post it talks about the fan speed but then also a setting that is determined by the temperature in the loft. The setting determines when Intelligent Heat Recovery mode and standby kicks in dependent on the temp in the loft.
  • richardc1983
    richardc1983 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ah yes well you have to hold the button down to get Into this mode. We have ours to have intelligent heat recovery from 19c in the loft and to switch off if the loft gets to 30c I think.
  • I want an opinion on ventilation at my 3 bedroom house like dry master 2000 and I bought two extractor fans for 2 toilets that needs installing. I live in Ilford.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    You would be better off starting your own thread and actually asking a question or two. For example: -
    1. I have bought an extractor fan and it needs installing, who should I get to do it.
    2. All my rooms suffer from mould, what can I do?
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Vasu.uel wrote: »
    I want an opinion on ventilation at my 3 bedroom house like dry master 2000 and I bought two extractor fans for 2 toilets that needs installing. I live in Ilford.

You should start your own thread but I would contact Envirovent as they have installers throughout the UK:

http://www.envirovent.com/home-ventilation/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport