Cost for brake fluid change for a 1.0 VVTI Yaris?

Comments

• Look everyone that was obviously a joke.

No it wasn't.

And you allegedly drive an M3?
  • JustinR1979
    JustinR1979 Posts: 1,828 Forumite
    So you thought handbrake was on the front like an old Citroen?
    If you drove a car with no rear brakes you'd realise they need 4 for balance.
    It will be a drum, like in the old days, because it's so light.
  • So you thought handbrake was on the front like an old Citroen?
    If you drove a car with no rear brakes you'd realise they need 4 for balance.
    It will be a drum, like in the old days, because it's so light.

Justin do you live in London? Would you kindly show me how the brake fluid change is performed on the Yaris?
  • JustinR1979
    I wouldn't live in London!
    Will be an online guide, but basically crack a bleed nipple and get someone to push brake pedal down, do nipple up, let pedal up.
    Repeat several times each corner - keeping an eye on fluid level.
    If you buy the blue fluid from gsf or ecp you can easily see when all old stuff is out.
    Or buy a bleeder, like eazibleed - which I'm not overly keen on, there are better but are more expensive.
  • Limey
    Limey Posts: 444 Forumite
    Don't forget to put a hose on the bleed nipple feeding into a tin/jar/recepticle. :rotfl:

Start at the rear left, then rear right, front left, then front right (longest to shortest lines).

I have an Ezibleed and it doesn't do a bad ol' job when I have no willing victims to pump the pedal. :D

Oh and give the bleed nipples a good scrub with a wire brush and hose down with penetetrating oil before attempting to crack them as they're made of butter and rather easy to shear off.
  • cootuk
    cootuk Posts: 878 Forumite
    Under fixed price servicing on the toyota website, there's an additional drop down menu for additional maintenance options
  • Horizon81
    Horizon81 Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Say what you like about this fantasist but he has the power to get 2 pages of (mostly useful) replies within a couple of an hours to a simple question. Maybe it's a handy forum technique we'll all have to learn!
  • JustinR1979
    Limey wrote: »

I have an Ezibleed and it doesn't do a bad ol' job when I have no willing victims to pump the pedal.

Only thing for me is it's using air, and you don't want air in your lines. Little simplistic view I know.
    Handy for doing clutch, often can't use pedal unless remove cylinder and turn it upright.
    Wouldn't mind a kit that sucks the fluid out.
    Using pedal can give it a bit of a beating too.
  • Only thing for me is it's using air, and you don't want air in your lines. Little simplistic view I know.
    Handy for doing clutch, often can't use pedal unless remove cylinder and turn it upright.
    Wouldn't mind a kit that sucks the fluid out.
    Using pedal can give it a bit of a beating too.

Rather than using the eazibleed kit, can't you just use an oil extracor like the plea 6000/650?
  • Rather than using the eazibleed kit, can't you just use an oil extracor like the plea 6000/650?

Yes, you can with the right diameter tube. I used my Pela on Saturday to do just that having replaced the two rear flexis on my dad's motorhome.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure