Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I can just imagine your DS 2 as a cute sheep.

As beanie says take care. Take time for you with lovely people. Those who don't stress you out. It is most important at this time of year.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • Luck you are such a gem trying to see the happy side to everything. You are very inspiring. Thank you. I know this time of year for some reason can all get a little much but well done on staying happy! x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • Thank you Beanie, Pooh and Sparky.

Today has been full on but enjoyable. DS1 had a class assembly first thing so we went to watch that. It was on Pearl Harbour and DS1 played a fab part as a soldier. Proud Mum moment! Just wish he was like that all the time thas he's being a real hormonal pain in the behind again :(. We went from the school to the Metro Centre for what was supposed to be a quick shop but ended up being 3 hours. All good fun! Tonight DH and DS1 went to see DS2 in his evening performance of his nativity play and I had an hours silence. Pure bliss. The way they allocated the tickets was odd, you could only have 3 across the two performances, so I went alone yesterday and they went together tonight. It seemed the safest option!!

Today's roadkill haul was 1p! Not as good as yesterday but I'll take it :rotfl:.

I seem to be drowning in competition entries at the moment, what with normal comps and then advent ones too. Hope it's worth it and I win some prizes !!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Good luck with the competitions. Great to hear you had a proud mum moment with DS1, you have my sympathy re the hormones - been there, done that, shrunk the tshirt. Still shrinking the tshirt sometimes with DD if I'm honest and she's 29 next month.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • SA, I think I will have throttled DS1 by the time he's 29!! He may not see 12 at this rate! If I hear "It's so Unfair!!!" One more time .....

DH went out with his Mum today while the boys were at school, so I pottered round the house enjoying some alone time. Popped to the post office, did some ironing, wrapped some Christmas presents and made some soup. Loved every minute of it.

Went to DS1's school Christmas fair and only spent £3.00 which is rather good.

Found 9p roadkill :D. I think people are too busy charging round at this time of year to stop and pick up what they drop. Their loss is my gain :D.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi, de-lurking again, re: feeling tired - I know this time of year can be grim for low energy levels, but are you likely to be low on iron?
    Take care.
    MM
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Hi Lucky - pearl harbour assembly sounds really moving. Christmas events at school are always tempting well done on the £3 spend that is really good!

Roadkill at this time of year is always good - I've trained DH well he found a fiver in Asda yesterday!! xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    A fiver....now thats good going!

Hope you have a good weekend PLMBL and also that you find some stillness for yourself in the midst of the domestic mayhem :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Maddie, my iron levels were at the low end of normal when I was having all those tests recently, so it's a possibility. I think it's more that I never truly rest or sleep properly. I've always got one eye or ear open!

Sparky, a fiver!!! That's brilliant! My roadkill run has come to an end, nothing to report today :(.

Last night DH was very jerky in his sleep and woke up at 2am drenched in sweat. He's been quite 'switched on' today though so I don't think it was a full seizure. He's normally on another planet the day after.

This afternoon we took my Grandma out for coffee and then for a bit of shopping. We watched Home Alone tonight after we picked the boys up, a very cosy and MSE Family Fun Friday :D.

I'm going out with the girls tomorrow night, but I've not been allowed the night off work (having previously been told I could :mad:), so I have to work until 7pm and then my friends are picking me up in a taxi from there. I'll have about 10 minutes to scrub the pizza stink off my hands, get changed and sort out my hat hair :eek::eek:. So tempted not to go out but it's been 12 months since my last night out and I know I'll enjoy it when I get there. That's what I keep telling myself anyway!!
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    12 months :eek:

Yep you deserve a good night out :T

Tell us all about it on Sunday ;)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback