Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hope your feeling a bit better and managed to get some sleep.

Fantastic news about DS night in the museum sounds like great fun.:eek: to DH meds hope docs can sort it so he takes less pills at once.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,290 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So do the DWP pay that as a loan then?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    So do the DWP pay that as a loan then?

No, until 6th April it will just be paid as it is now. After that they won’t be paying anything because I’ve said I don’t want to participate in the new loan scheme. I thought payments would stop immediately because I’ve changed the mortgage deal, but they said they can probably still pay it until the new scheme comes into force. They wouldn’t guarantee it until they have paperwork from mortgage provider, but as I’m not increasing the amount borrowed or time taken to pay it back it should be fine.

Been in bed most of the day. This is definitely more than just a cold :(. Means I’ve had a NSD though. Silver linings and all that!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Great news about DS sleeping in the museum, that sounds really fun :D.

Poor Mr Lucky it must be hard having to swallow all those tablets :eek:. I do hope it stops the angry outbursts though.

I hope you get better soon, it's horrible being ill :(.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not good news that you still feel poorly :( I hate having a blocked nose :(

Hope Mr Lucky's upped dose of meds work but what a palaver all those tablets! I'm trying to get Mr SA off all his meds by the end of next year when he'll have to start paying as his 5 years free because of cancer is up. Unbelievably he's only on anti depressants, high dose vitamins and Omniprazole. He's got a shunt in his brain to stop fluid build up so doesn't need brain meds thankfully.

Night at the museum sounds so exciting for DS1, he'll love it!

Hope you feel better soon xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Hope Mr Lucky's upped dose of meds work but what a palaver all those tablets! I'm trying to get Mr SA off all his meds by the end of next year when he'll have to start paying as his 5 years free because of cancer is up. Unbelievably he's only on anti depressants, high dose vitamins and Omniprazole. He's got a shunt in his brain to stop fluid build up so doesn't need brain meds thankfully.

Can you not get Mr SA a pre-payment certificate - https://apps.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/ppcwebsales/patient.do

My DH pays £10.40 per month (for 10 months of the year) and gets all his prescriptions included in that price.

If we didn't do this it would cost about £60 per month on prescriptions as DH has quite a few but probably not as many as Mr SA and definitely not as many as Mr Lucky:rotfl:
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    No, until 6th April it will just be paid as it is now. After that they won’t be paying anything because I’ve said I don’t want to participate in the new loan scheme. I thought payments would stop immediately because I’ve changed the mortgage deal, but they said they can probably still pay it until the new scheme comes into force. They wouldn’t guarantee it until they have paperwork from mortgage provider, but as I’m not increasing the amount borrowed or time taken to pay it back it should be fine.

Been in bed most of the day. This is definitely more than just a cold :(. Means I’ve had a NSD though. Silver linings and all that!

Glad you have made the decision Lucky, DWP will keep paying, its only if people remortgage and take on more money that they wont pay anything towards the extra but they would still pay the amount they were originally.

I bet they weren't expecting your call so early on in the announcement, I doubt many people even realise this is happening.

Excellent news on DS' trip to the museum - he clearly is very charming at school, shame the same is not at home!!!

Hope you feel better soon - remember to rest and keep hydrated.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Will do the prepayment if he's still on the meds next year EE - he's got them free until December 2018.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Heh heh EE, you clearly have the measure of my DS1 :rotfl:.

Feeling better today in that I can stand up without feeling faint and wobbly, though still loaded with cold and have a hacking cough.

Haven’t done a lot today. Picked DH’s bigger tablets up and got some milk etc. Hoping I’ll be well enough for my date with Mr Collins tomorrow night.

Started the monthly payments for car tax today and have been kept busy with advent competitions too Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon Lucky, make sure you get an early night tonight.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure