PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Help! Buyer asking questions AFTER completion!!

Comments

• goodwithsaving
    goodwithsaving Posts: 1,311
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I can't say anything useful other than that I feel for you. I had the same, and having constant reminders of an 'old life' when you are just trying to move on is horrible. I hope they clear off soon enough.
  • I can't say anything useful other than that I feel for you. I had the same, and having constant reminders of an 'old life' when you are just trying to move on is horrible. I hope they clear off soon enough.

Really appreciate the understanding :smiley: and sorry to hear you've been through similar.

The whole situation (relationship breakdown/selling) from beginning to end has been horrendous and hugely contributed to a rapid decline in my condition meaning I've not been able to work for a whole year. The house is so gorgeous and lovely, there's nothing to complain about. Although it was a necessity to sell I was sad to see it go. I was so relieved to finally be able to move on from it a little, mentally...until I got that email and it just floored me. It is tough to be sitting on benefits eating beans on toast having lost a great life (amazing job, nice lifestyle, house) that I loved and hearing people complain about my old dishwasher. It all feels a bit absurd really. Or like a very bad joke.

Anyway, that's all by the by in terms of the legality/resolution of the situation and is just the human side to the issue. The buyers clearly feel upset and that of course is important to them. But hell, it's very hard to have to deal with more trouble when I need to move away from all the stress and concentrate on getting well.

Thanks all, you've been really reassuring and that massively helps given my stress levels and illness xx
  • konark
    konark Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    So you left an old broken fridge in the property you sold? I'm surprised they're not billing you for a trip to the skip.
  • mark5
    mark5 Posts: 1,361
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    konark wrote: »
    So you left an old broken fridge in the property you sold? I'm surprised they're not billing you for a trip to the skip.

It could have been an integrated type that's part of the kitchen, if the seller ticked the box to say it's staying then it needs to stay.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    My slight concern now is that the solicitors we used have not gotten back to me prior to sending my intended response on to the buyers. I asked them for confirmation that they declared the fridge as not working. They're an online outfit appointed by my ex. I have an email trail showing that I declared the fridge situation to them so I was slightly bemused as to why the buyers are even asking about it!!

I'd have expected it to be declared in the fixtures and fittings form. Did you do that ?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    mark5 wrote: »
    It could have been an integrated type that's part of the kitchen, if the seller ticked the box to say it's staying then it needs to stay.

It also gives the buyer the choice of costing a repair or replacing.

As integrated appliances are generally more expensive , a repair which would not be worthwhile on a freestanding model may turn out cost effective.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    This sounds like someone playing on the known fridge problem to get some free new appliances.
  • AnotherJoe
    Forumite
    teddysmum wrote: »
    This sounds like someone playing on the known fridge problem to get some free new appliances.

To me it sounds like the OP not filling in the F&F form correctly but instead sending their cheap online conveyancer an email telling them the fridge isn't working and incorrectly assuming they would then contact the purchasers and tell them that.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    To me it sounds like the OP not filling in the F&F form correctly but instead sending their cheap online conveyancer an email telling them the fridge isn't working and incorrectly assuming they would then contact the purchasers and tell them that.

The OP says they 'declared in the paperwork that the fridge wasn't working'.

Sounds like the PIF to me.
  • AnotherJoe
    Forumite
    The OP says they 'declared in the paperwork that the fridge wasn't working'.

Sounds like the PIF to me.

Maybe so, but if thats the case, why the need for a separate email about the fridge to the conveyancers?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure