Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 March 2017 at 8:07AM
    Morning all,

sorry I've been awol for a few days - Thursday went ok, Friday there was syns for 2 sausages, 2 hash browns and I didn't actually have a proper tea then yesterday did loads of walking but also loads of munching :( don't know what it is about Friday/Saturday but I really need to get out of bad habits!

I have been thinking and I would like to go back to group but mostly for the social side. no chance at the moment until at least September as it looks like work won't be renewing our parking passes at my main office (only the three of us who are there most have them) and that means parking will cost anything between £5.0 and £10 a day! However I may be lucky and get a work around - as we live on a new development that had to have an environmentally friendly set in its planning permission we can get a free west Yorkshire metro pass that works on buses and trains all round here and leeds all the way to Bradford so on days I'm there i'll just start using the bus! and i'll drive to the other office. they are on about moving us all in together somewhere new with parking but we'll have to wait and see on that one. I need a new job but it's so hard to find the time to look!

anyway it's a new day and I am determined to try and crack some habits this week.

plan for today:
    breakfast: scrambled eggs with tomatoes, maybe some mushrooms
    lunch: not sure yet. probably jacket potato with beans, 15g grated cheese (1/2 hea) and then some beetroot, pickled onions, pickled red cabbage, cucumber, tomatoes
    tea: heb wholemeal roll with burger (5 syns - got them on the 3 for £10 at morrisons as I needed some meat and hadn't done a butchers order, will look to do one at the end of this week as i'll get expenses from work which will pay for it) will have mine with other half hea cheese, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, beetroot, red cabbage and pickled onion OR gammon with salad

planning ahead for tomorrow:
    breakfast: scrambled eggs with baked beans. some fruit to munch on
    lunch: jacket potato - i'm going to try a coronation chicken style topping with quark and mild curry powder (no dried fruit etc though) and have with a side salad
    tea: whichever tea we don't have tonight

syns on both days: hot choc (2) maybe a slice of aldi fruit loaf (5)

ETA:
    Sorry for the total essay!

weigh in was -0.5lb probably more than I deserve all things considered - on to weeks 2 of the challenge

we were met to go to the coast yesterday but didn't in the end as my mum had to work (we were taking her over so she could see my dad as he's working there for another week before he's next home) was gutted as I wanted to see my dad but it was meant to rain....then it didn't and it was quite nice! so far this morning looks the same so after husband gets up I'm going to get some washing in the machine and hopefully hang that outside hen i'm going to get the rabbit out in his run on the patio to try and wear his nails down a little and I'll clean him out and littlile can play out for the first time in ages! This year I am determined to make more effort with the garden - cut the grass regularly, get the planters filled with lovely flowers (sounds like we have loads we don't - two and a hanging basket! I have some pots we used to have at the front before we took up the chippings and put lawn down so going to plant them too. plenty of body magic to be done! then come the summer we can be out every evening for a couple of hours :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Lush, those weekend bad habits are so difficult to change. I find I am find at work, but then destroy all the hard work at the weekends.

My work is probably moving office next year too, from our current office with free parking, into a city centre office, but I'm thinking the £6 odd a day for parking is preferable to public transport.

Think you can't be that far geographically from me. Whereabouts in West Yorkshire are you? I'm up near the airport.

My plan for today:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - scrambled egg and tomato
    Dinner - roast pork, with lots of veg
    Snacks - fruit and cereal bars

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars

Also need to be organised and make overnight oats and ham salad for taking to work tomorrow, as I wont have time in the morning, because getting up and stuff is taking longer than normal.
    Zebras rock
  • Haylaluru
    Haylaluru Posts: 37
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well it was first day trying to get back on plan yesterday. Started ok with a slice of wholemeal toast with extra light laughing cow triangle and a couple of satsumas but then we had to go pick up a clay pot my daughter had painted through the holidays at a not so healthy cafe. Ended up having a wensleydale and red onion chutney panini with a large latte and a shortbread biscuit that I ate without even thinking. Dinner was better, I had a HM chickpea and spinach curry in the freezer with rice. It was packed with lots of speed but chucked a handful of salad leaves on the side to show willing. Sweet tooth kicked in later so had a bit of left over rice mixed with a ff coconut yoghurt for a free rice pudding.

Today should be better
    Overnight oats with berries
    Roast chicken with loads of veg and some syns for gravy
    HM soup of some kind depending on what leftovers are there from lunch.

The sun is shining, I should go out and enjoy somewhere but I've an assignment due tomorrow that I must get finished, so much housework to do that I don't know where to start, (l just hope no-one comes around today) and the garden really needs sorting before everything starts growing and it turns into a jungle again.

Think I'll have another cuppa and make a list.
    2019 Weight Loss Goals
    Goal 1 8.25/10lbs
    Goal 2 8.25/22lbs
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,480
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Had a good on plan day yesterday and planning another today.

It'll be the usual EE:

B - fry up
    L - ham salad - lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, pickled onions, spring onions, tomato, pepper; 1 slice of bread (0.5 HEB)
    D - slow roasted lamb; roast potatoes, roasted veg, mashed swede, peas, cabbage (hopefully there'll be veg left for tomorrow lunchtime!)
    S - 2 Ryvita (0.5 HEB); garlic and herb quark

HEA - milk
    HEB - LTL mayo 0.5

That should help pull back some of the extra syns on Friday!

Denise
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Finally made the samosas yesterday, really good! Everyone liked them and really easy :)
    Definitely ended up over on syns planning a couple of low syn sp days to try and make it up
    Today's plan...

Breakfast - weetabix & sugar (1)
    Lunch -probably cooked breakfast bacon, mushroom, scrambled egg, and tin tomato maybe sausages (2)
    Dinner - roast chicken and carrot and swede mash and whatever other veg we happen to have

S - jelly (1/2) with raspberries and strawberries
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,874
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Am off to the Harvester in a bit for a meal - we are not cooking today! Just looking at the menu online before we go.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Well not good news I have STS. Not to worry, although, five years to get were I am is absolutely awful,but, if I get there in the end it will be all worth while. Hugs to everyone else, who needs them and bigger hugs to all you lucky losers x
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    kathrynha wrote: »

Think you can't be that far geographically from me. Whereabouts in West Yorkshire are you? I'm up near the airport.

I'm not far away either!

My plan for 10 syns or less seems to be working so far - just on 10 yesterday and fewer than that other days. I rarely drink nowadays so syns don't get used in that way. I really struggle with what to drink as an alternative to alcohol if I'm out - I really don't like sweet fizzy drinks (pop to the Yorkshire contingent!) so tend to go for soda with just a little dash of lime. Alcohol free lager is just horrible and I'm not keen on fruit juices. Any suggestions??

Todays menu
    B - 1/2 grapefruit, bran flakes with 0% fat greek yoghurt and honey
    L - Roast beef salad with pickles, orange
    D - Roast chicken and lots of veg, syns for gravy and perhaps a small yorkshire pud (Yorkshire born and bred and I can't make them to save my life, so I'll have to see how many are in the freezer)
    Syns for honey, sprinkle of sugar for the grapefruit, gravy and yorkshire pud, might have a HiFi mid afternoon.
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning.. I am keeping up with all the posts and losses for the chart :Tbut I'm struggling with motivation at the moment to join you all in the fight against flab.

I had a panic attack at work in the week, it's just awful there at the minute, and since then I've just been using food to soothe myself :o probably put loads back on but with SW you have to be in the right mindset to follow plan and I'm just not there right now :(

Anyway.. I'll give myself a little break and hope I don't do too much damage.

Hope everyone's ok, sorry you didn't get the job Lantanna :( their loss!

I'll be lurking around and posting the chart as normal.. xxx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    shala_moo wrote: »
    Morning.. I am keeping up with all the posts and losses for the chart :Tbut I'm struggling with motivation at the moment to join you all in the fight against flab.

I had a panic attack at work in the week, it's just awful there at the minute, and since then I've just been using food to soothe myself :o probably put loads back on but with SW you have to be in the right mindset to follow plan and I'm just not there right now :(

Anyway.. I'll give myself a little break and hope I don't do too much damage.

Hope everyone's ok, sorry you didn't get the job Lantanna :( their loss!

I'll be lurking around and posting the chart as normal.. xxx

Hugs Shala. It is so difficult to keep up the motivation for sticking to plan when things are difficult.
    Take care of yourself and remember your health comes before work. Make sure you take time after work to de-stress, however you find best to do that.
    I'm quite willing to receive ranting PMs if you find typing out your frustrations helpful.

Taking a little time out from being on plan wont harm too much. I find that just having SW in the back of your mind can help guide your food decisions, so the damage isn't as bad as it could be.

Take care
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family