Spent 4 years pretending it's all OK

Comments

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Omeprazole Puzz?

Hope you are ok NOAh - I've been missing for a while but just checking back in and slowly catching up. I am fighting with my own weight and have been on this low carb diet to stop my migraines. It is working on that front but I found that when I blew it all out for the first time in weeks on some serious carbs (Pizza, garlic bread, nachos, cookie dough and ice cream :o:o:o) I got the worst reflux of my life, far worse than when I was pregnant and it controlled me for 9 months in fact! Have you thought about cutting the carbs out of your evening meals?

Big hugs xxx

That's the one!
    Hey Lilty, sorry haven't been around much - thanks for popping by. I eat really early 6.6.30pm ish and don't go to bed til after 11, and only eat small meals in the evening. Haven't cut out carbs totally, but may need to try at some point.
    What I really need to cut out is stress. :(

Hoe all OK at your end?
    Hugs
    xx
    NOA
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • NoOneAround
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi Noah,

Hope you are keeping well...!!

I have been on reflux tablets for 5 years..:eek: Every since an incident involving 6 weeks of anti-biotics/ibuprofen and an infected tooth.... I have to say I haven't had a weight gain problem with the one's I take, which are very common as I know at least 4 others who take them... begin with an O and I can never pronounce them properly..!!! Hope you got to the bottom of the mystery 2lb gain...

Take care and hope to see you pop up again soon..!
    Love Puzz. x

Hello Puzz,
    Still here but I think you have been doing amazing with your exercise and lb loss. will catch up soon....its half term/revision here
    xx
    Love
    NOAh
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • NoOneAround
    Morning Everyone:)
    Last few weeks have been packed to the brim and I can't believe we nearly half way through the year. Pulled in all directions but don't seem to have got any thinner:p
    Working full time so pretty exhausted, but it feels nice not to have to be spending time every evening juggling money between accounts to make sure everything stayed within limits. Still haven't managed to summarise/catch up with budget, there are piles and piles of receipts everywhere. Have run a pretty tight ship though, with only a few little slips, most on long overdue essentials. Enough in bank to cover everything till end June mid July, with a couple of new enquiries in the pipeline, fingers crossed.
    Half term now, DD home and is working so should be able to pay for her own things and hopefully save some for next year at uni. I do have to drive her there and back though as public transport not good. she's earning 9.50 an hour so she's happy.
    DS revising, starts GCSEs in Sept, and he's done well keeping on top of the mowing with me, so am very pleased with him.
    Have also coordinated refit of parents bathroom to replace n=bath with shower as Dad can't get into a bath any more. Lovely DH is down there this week doing it all for them. Much as I moan about him he has always been good to my parents when stuff needs doing on the house. They didn't want to move for the week while without the bath, so are making do with just flannel washing, but are getting impatient now, and whilst I make every allowance and would do anything for them, mum has annoyed me this week because she listens to what others say and gets swayed:mad: despite the fact I have explained everything of what we are doing and why. :( Has made me feel a bit resentful and unappreciated this week, even though I know how stressful everything is for them.
    Stayed down there early part of the week despite DS needing to revise. Reason they are like that is that Dad is on a steady decline and losing mobility week by week. Got up at 4,30 this am as couldn't sleep. Three loads washing out drying, shower room cleaned, kitchen just awaiting a good mop, letters to clients done and dry cleaning for DH dropped off when I took DD to work. Made calls to source bariatric shower stool from disability product companies - just need to place order.
    Need to update SC I&E this week so can send update to creditors that have been on reduced payments for a year nearly. Just paid £300 for DS language exchange in Sept.
    ALso need to help parents sort out a will , they have been nagging me for a while. It s simple so think will get one of those packs form WH*Sm*th?
    Loads of own paperwork to catch up on. when Time allows. So sorry haven't managed to catch up with dairies, much on my mind.

Lots of Love n Hugs
    xx
    NOAh
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Great to read your update. Lots going on its seems.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Can I add something to your to do list?

Take 10 minutes out for 'me time' and some quick relaxation. At least once a day.
    Credit card respend 2551.58 (15/02/17)
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Lovely NOAh it is great to see you back.

You run around like a lunatic. I bet if you joined my fitbit clan you would soon leapfrog me to the top of the steps per day, and then some!! :D

Mars is right, you need to fit a little bit of me-time in. I know having DD home is fab but you need some time just for you. Even if it is just 5 minutes :)

Language exchange sounds scary! Bless him, he will love it!

Sorry to hear your dad is declining further. Is his vision still completely non-existent? It isn't a life is it. So hard to see him like that, and we had been struggling with the exact same issues with my Nan & Pop until he died. Now all her complaints, nagging, stress about the shower going in and having no bath and so on and so forth have all disappeared as it is easier for her too, as she was always told but refused to believe. I hope you know that your mum loves you dearly. Her frustration and sadness are not aimed at you, but at ageing and her lack of control and power over certain things in life.

Sending you, as always much love and best wishes. All ok at our end. Drama as always, wouldn't be an excellent adventure without that!! :D xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • NoOneAround
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Great to read your update. Lots going on its seems.

Hi Bobarella,
    Thanks for popping in :) There is lots going on - I feel like I'm on that hamster wheel thing that just gets faster and faster, and all I want to do is stop! A couple of days ago I got into the car. Greenhouse effect meant it was really hot inside, and it felt l-o-v-e-l-y. I closed my eyes and imagined I was in Spain on the beach, the heat felt so nice and relaxing. I just wanted to stay there and sleep, but instead I drove off and bought some radiator thermostatic valve fittings for parents so they can turn off rads upstairs and save some money:D.

xx
    NOAh
  • NoOneAround
    Can I add something to your to do list?

Take 10 minutes out for 'me time' and some quick relaxation. At least once a day.

HI Marsbargirl xx
    Thank you:o for caring. I know I should, and I try but somehow the time just disappears. a few weeks a go was managing to for a short while each day, then other things slip up and don't get done, so now I'm thinking I might have missed a letter or two in my piles of stuff as got a letter from a creditor that I wasn't expecting:( Sorry I haven't been by recently.
    ... this a bit of down time for me:) it gives me space o gather my thoughts and off load my woes.
    xx
    Noah
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Bobarella,
    Thanks for popping in :) There is lots going on - I feel like I'm on that hamster wheel thing that just gets faster and faster, and all I want to do is stop! A couple of days ago I got into the car. Greenhouse effect meant it was really hot inside, and it felt l-o-v-e-l-y. I closed my eyes and imagined I was in Spain on the beach, the heat felt so nice and relaxing. I just wanted to stay there and sleep, but instead I drove off and bought some radiator thermostatic valve fittings for parents so they can turn off rads upstairs and save some money:D.

xx
    NOAh

those calm before the storm moments are priceless are they. I think all you can do is try & come up for air every so often. But it is hard when you are very busy.
    Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • NoOneAround
    edited 1 June 2015 at 10:18PM
    Lovely NOAh it is great to see you back.

You run around like a lunatic. I bet if you joined my fitbit clan you would soon leapfrog me to the top of the steps per day, and then some!! :D

Mars is right, you need to fit a little bit of me-time in. I know having DD home is fab but you need some time just for you. Even if it is just 5 minutes :)

Language exchange sounds scary! Bless him, he will love it!

Sorry to hear your dad is declining further. Is his vision still completely non-existent? It isn't a life is it. So hard to see him like that, and we had been struggling with the exact same issues with my Nan & Pop until he died. Now all her complaints, nagging, stress about the shower going in and having no bath and so on and so forth have all disappeared as it is easier for her too, as she was always told but refused to believe. I hope you know that your mum loves you dearly. Her frustration and sadness are not aimed at you, but at ageing and her lack of control and power over certain things in life.

Sending you, as always much love and best wishes. All ok at our end. Drama as always, wouldn't be an excellent adventure without that!! :D xxx

Hi Lilty, Lovely of you to pop by and hope your dramas are adding interest rather than stress! Language Exchange - could be great or could be really stressful (DD 's one went very pear shaped
    l-o-n-g story for another time on how nasty girls can be to each other). All adds up to big expenses - have you started putting aside (am sure you have) for Jelly's extracurricular adventures? I wish I had spent less and saved more savvy in my early working life....but I do not regret it for a moment - we travelled lots, ate out lots, entertained lots, and had fun..... then had children;)
    Did catch a bit of your fit bit dialogues some weeks ago - they sound expensive!

Dad's vision - slight improvement as haemorrhage has settled to bottom of eye, but can't focus on anything - about 5 weeks before it happened he had just purchased a screen magnifier at £3K which converted black text on white to white text on black and he found he could read letters on it. But now he can't focus on anything. He's put on more weight, arthritis in knees, so agony getting up and even walking to bathroom. Mum exhausted all the time, had a dizzy spell and headaches for a couple of weeks and is worrying herself silly about everything.
    I got cross because some of their know it all neighbours and friends keep telling them they could have had the building works done free by the council because he is disabled. What they are failing to understand is that its means tested etc, but mum seems to want to believe everyone else rather than that I have spoken to the grants people etc etc and know they wouldn't have got any money! I don't think I am making any sense now, and blabbering away so will say nite nite and go to bed.....
    NOAh
    xx

Am feeling very unsettled in past few weeks as have had two dreams with dad in them, and I have never in my life dreamt about him, so everything playing on my mind, and
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure