Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Shala and well done on SOTW Whiplashy.

The chart isn't making good reading for me so far for this challenge. Got weigh in tonight, then need to get my head down and get seriously back on plan.

Managed to resist temptation last night, so yesterday was a good on plan day

Todays plan:
    Breakfast - overnight oats
    Lunch - ham and cottage cheese salad and birthday cake
    Dinner - jacket potato

HA - milk
    HB - oats

I'm really loving my overnight oats for breakfasts and salads for lunches on the days I'm in the office, but I'm wondering if I need to shake it up a little.
    When I initially started I had just yogurt and fruit for breakfast, as I want cereal bars as a snack later in the day, but now I am having oats, I have come round to using my HB for breakfast.
    What do people have for breakfasts that potentially uses the HB, but preferably not the HA, that is either cold, or just uses hot water to cook, that can be eaten unmessily, and not too smellily at a desk? Thanks
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Whiplashy on being our SOTW.

Kathryn - when I was working I always used to have fruit and yoghurt for breakfast but if you want something cold you could always go continental with cold meats, pickles, cheese triangles (the purple lidded Laughing Cow are only 1 syn each), smoked salmon, tomato slices & fruit.

Have a look on the SW website at the weekly menus and you might get some other ideas from there.

Today's plan:

B - porridge made with water; melon balls; strawberries & grapes
    L - jacket potato; baked beans; salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, pickled onions, spring onions, syn free onion chutney
    D - liver, bacon, onions, cabbage, green beans, mash

HEA - milk
    HEB - porridge
    Syns - none planned but may have some dark choc this evening, as I did last night! (4 syns worth)

Denise
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

Weigh in day for me today so menu is:
    Breakfast: toast, cheese and ham with tomatoes, forest fruit and DG coffeee
    Lunch: Sw tomato soup with satsuma, apple and yoghurt
    dinner: Toad in the hole after being weighed :D with gravy

I am hoping for a maintain this week as although I was good Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I was slightly off plan Saturday Sunday and then star week kicked in on Monday so I feel like a bloated whale!!!!

Fingers crossed I keep my stone award and I can get back on it tomorrow.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, had a very quick skim read of the thread to catch up after Friday, Saturday, Sunday AND Monday completely off the rails :wall: Ugh what's wrong with me? I'm desperate to lose weight yet wilfully go to the supermarket and buy three packets of biscuits.

Three days to try to turn it back around before weigh in on Friday. I'm working til 9pm today but have got BNS soup and a roll out of the freezer for lunch and a bolognese for tea. I need to do some serious shopping and batch cooking though as that's about the last of my 'ready meals' gone.
    Haylaluru wrote: »
    On a positve note I've discovered jacket potatoes can be made in the slow cooker

This is a potential game changer - tell me more!!

Maman - happy belated birthday, sorry I missed it!

Right off to do some work and glue my mouth shut...
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Thanks for the chart Shala and well done Whiplashy for SOTW. :T

I spent yesterday feeling really bloated, didn't have much of an appetite and had mild stomach ache, this morning I've been having stomach cramps and I'm wondering if it's something I've eaten. The only thing I'm suspicious about is some salmon that was reduced as it was nearing its sell by date, but we ate it on the day. I bought 3 packs and put 2 in the freezer so I'll have the same problem again next time we have it.

I see you're having similar issues Lush, I hope it gets better soon.

Regarding cooking jacket potatoes in the slow cooker, I saw a thing on Facebook about cooking a whole butternut squash like that. I didn't realise you could cook without liquid in a slow cooker and I'm not sure I'd want to risk it, has anyone here tried it?

Have a good day everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Never dared do anything without liquid in my slow cooker, because I was told when I first got it that it needed liquid in it. It is only a cheap slow cooker though, so I would be up to trying it.
    I'm not really a stew/casserole type person, and do feel I don't use it as much as I should, so being able to do stuff like jacket potatoes would mean it was used a lot more.
    Zebras rock
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done to everyone who's lost this week.

I'm pretty much over my massive sulk over gaining last week :o
    I've been sticking to plan - ish.

B: Cup of tea
    L: Leftover chick pea casserole (SW recipe) with extra spinach. Melon. FF Greek Yog with frozen berries
    D: Chicken something. Not sure yet
    HExA - Milk in Tea
    HExB - Something with my dinner
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • Haylaluru
    Haylaluru Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Lush It sounds very similar to what I've had. The pain would start on my right under my ribs and would radiate around by back, up into my shoulder and across my chest. It was agony and would last about an hour and during that time I could hardly concentrate on breathing never mind anything else. Dr suggested Dioralyte every hour on the hour for 6 hours then water every hour on the hour for the next 24 hours (except when sleeping) to 'flush' out a potential virus. I had blood tests and off the back of those results an ultrasound which showed I was 'borderline' and no further action required. Borderline what? I have no idea as I can't get passed the bloomin' receptionist to make an appointment with the GP to discuss it further. I couldn't even get to see the GP before the ultrasound as the appointment just came though because of the LFT result so I have no idea what was suspected. (possibly fatty liver but that's the danger of a google search when you can't see your GP) The initial dioralyte/water did ease it a lot and got rid of the dull ache under my ribs although I had another 2 episodes of full blown agony between then and the ultrasound last week. My symptoms are much better after I started avoiding onions and leafy greens, I'd never had a problem with these ever before but from my food diary these seemed to be the only common triggers, so maybe it was a build up of gas which sounds trivial but jeez I've never known pain like it, and I've been through childbirth.
    So keep a food diary to see what your triggers are and get to see a GP if you can, hope you feel better soon x

Tete Just !!!!! your Potatoes rub some olive oil on the skins and a sprinkle of salt, (I'm sure frylight would work too) wrap in tin foil, put in the slow cooker and forget about them. Mine weren't huge and were ready after 6/7 hours on low. The large ones you buy in packs of 4 will be ok for a good 8 hours in there ready for dinner after work. Or put them on high for 4/5 hours depending on their size.
    2019 Weight Loss Goals
    Goal 1 8.25/10lbs
    Goal 2 8.25/22lbs
  • Haylaluru
    Haylaluru Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Haha I didn't realise this site had a sensor.
    The !!!!! was a word used to describe inserting a fork with force into a potato several times in order to pierce the skin all over.
    2019 Weight Loss Goals
    Goal 1 8.25/10lbs
    Goal 2 8.25/22lbs
  • kathrynha
    Options
    I had guessed the right word Haylaluru :rotfl:

I will try the potatoes when I next have a WFH day, as I like to keep an eye on the slow cooker the first time I try owt new. Thanks for the instructions
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport