Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hello all :A

Happy belated birthday Shala 🎉 Sorry I missed it, glad you had a nice time :A

WI with .6lb loss :D so bang on target again. Need to stop eating crisps though :o

Had a near perfect 2 weeks with young man, just let himself down Friday afternoon. He was very tired and the routine was changed so p.e was afternoon instead of morning. Not keen on p.e at best of times so resorted to hitting out again (not me for a change).

Bit fed up with senco at moment as similar child in reception will start full days and as I already support a (sweetheart) child in same class I'm now expected to support the violent one :mad: bearing in mind it's a violent child that's effected my health to the point I'm on meds for it :mad: . Well I'm saying sorry but NO. Let the morning TA carry on supporting her as she knows how to deal with the tantrums.
    Sorry for rant :o

Anyway well done losers, hugs to those in Need and Birthday wishes for forthcoming Birthdays 🎂🎂🎂🎉🎉🎉🍸
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • Well I lost 1.5 lbs today....a little disappointed as I've been swimming 3 times this week including last night, missing the rugby & associated drinking but I did have 2 slices of a dominos pizza on Tuesday (thanks hubby for waving it under my nose lol)

That means in the next 4 weeks I have to lose 10 lbs ...not going to happen is it lol

I've also decided that I'm not going to sign up for any more countdowns....I'm a little naffed off with you having to book holidays for the entire period of the countdown at the start as it doesn't allow any last minute holidays.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Weekends are always hard for me too Wiz. I think we just relax a bit too much (I know I do!). DH doesn't help either - he always opens a bottle of wine and before we know it the whole bottle is gone! Sometimes he'll open another one and I'll say I don't want any more but he still pours me one out and then once it's by me I just drink it without thinking!

Trying to be a bit better this weekend and really want to lose at least 1.5lb!

Today's plan:

B - bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms, fried up LO new pots
    L - jacket potato, tuna mayo (1 syn); lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onions, beetroots, pickled onions, HM syn free onion chutney
    D - HM oxtail stew - oxtail, carrots, turnips, swede, leeks, parsnip; will probably have new potatoes with it or maybe mash, depending on which DH wants. May also have a slice of WM bread.
    S - 2 Ryvita (or 4 if I don't have bread at dinner time); with quark, ham & cucumber

HEA - milk
    HEB - 1 slice bread; 2 Ryvita or4 Ryvita
    Syns - 2 Tbs LTL mayo - 1 syn; wine 3 glasses 15

Have had a few syns over since Thursday but easily reined back in during the week.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good to hear you putting your foot down tie . You don't need any more violent pupils.
    wiz , why don't you change your WI day to Friday? The first week you may have to take a hit as it wouldn't be a complete week but after that you'd have a chance to cut back on syns if you'd but**ered up the weekend.

DH and I went in to the city centre today and had lunch in Pret. I had their salad Nicoise but noticed they've gone back to olives (actually a single sliced olive) rather than capers last time I had it.

Today's EE plan :
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: salad Nicoise
    D: roast chicken, SW roasties and parsnips, cauli, broccoli, cabbage
    Syns: lunch 3?, gravy, wine syns :D

Decided to have a roast tonight as we're out tomorrow for my birthday. I love my roast and don't want to miss out!
  • Haylaluru
    Haylaluru Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Urrrrgh well a terrible week weigh in wise for me with 1.75lbs on. I'm quite annoyed with myself that I'm sat here disappointed with the gain yet still thinking about going and raiding the cupboards! IDIOT. :mad:
    The gain was thoroughly deserved. I've been testing slow cooker recipies all week checking how camping friendly they are but then getting carried away and eating far too much of it instead of portioning it up for hm ready meals.
    I wish amazon sold willpower!
    On a positve note I've discovered jacket potatoes can be made in the slow cooker (I always thought you had to have liquid in a slow cooker) and the slow cooker lasagne was fabulous.
    2019 Weight Loss Goals
    Goal 1 8.25/10lbs
    Goal 2 8.25/22lbs
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Maman,I think your'e right ,I will try anything,. I really don't know what's wrong with me. I may be getting complacent during the week and then, come Friday I go to pot having a bit of this and a piece if that , or a meal I know I shouldn't have. I just can't stick to my plan.
    Anyway, this is my so called Sunday plan.....

Breakfast. Overnight oats B with f f yoghurt and fruit berries

Lunch.. ham salad with an egg and beetroot. Clementine.

Dinner.. pork steak, stuffing ball syns ??Garden peas carrots couple of prigs cauliflower. Gravy 2 syns new potatoes.

Extra 2 crispbread inc butter 5 syns.
    All my syns I think.
  • smallpackages
    smallpackages Posts: 10,024 Forumite
    i was at a club last year and lost a stone (i want to lose 6) stopped over christmas then rejoined with my daughter. my girl has lost nearly 3 stone and I have lost next to nothing. admittedly it took me ages to get into it again but for the past month i have been sticking to it strictly . i lost 6 one week, 1.5 the next then maintained and this week went along feeling great with a flatter tummy convinced i would have a loss as i have been doing great with the plan only to be told i have gained 1.5 lb. my leader said she is really concerned and i felt ashamed at her comment she is adamant there is something wrong in what I'm doing but i use the slimming world site and fill in every thing i eat.
    the only thing thats different is that I've had shingles and been unwell/ cannt stay awake for the last fortnight but the leader says it wouldnt be affectinng it. she maintains i dot need to be very active if i stick to the plan which i have. i am so fed up
    :rotfl:"that grady! won't sit next to a black child in church! but eats eggs, shoot right out a chickens !!!!!!" from fried green tomatoes:rotfl:
    :smileyheaMSE is where my friends live :smileyhea
  • i was at a club last year and lost a stone (i want to lose 6) stopped over christmas then rejoined with my daughter. my girl has lost nearly 3 stone and I have lost next to nothing. admittedly it took me ages to get into it again but for the past month i have been sticking to it strictly . i lost 6 one week, 1.5 the next then maintained and this week went along feeling great with a flatter tummy convinced i would have a loss as i have been doing great with the plan only to be told i have gained 1.5 lb. my leader said she is really concerned and i felt ashamed at her comment she is adamant there is something wrong in what I'm doing but i use the slimming world site and fill in every thing i eat.
    the only thing thats different is that I've had shingles and been unwell/ cannt stay awake for the last fortnight but the leader says it wouldnt be affectinng it. she maintains i dot need to be very active if i stick to the plan which i have. i am so fed up

Ah small it's so disheartening when the leaders look at you and basically say you're lying when you say you've stuck to the plan.

(My mum whose a diabetic gets the same look when her sugar level has gone up & she says she hasn't eaten anything sweet)

The only thing I would suggest is that there are some real fountains of knowledge here & im sure they wouldn't mind analysing your menu if you were to post it.

You never know perhaps there's something you're doing that the leader isn't picking up on.

Stupid question time .....you are measuring milk if you use it? I found I've started having weight losses now that I've gone back to measuring my daily allowance & keeping it separate.

Also I know that they say you can have weight losses without exercising but again I find for me that I need to exercise if I'm to get a weight loss
  • Haylaluru
    Haylaluru Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    So after a not too bad day yesterday where the only syns were for a tablespoon of coleslaw and about the same of marie rose sauce which wouldn't have broke the bank i ended up having not 1 but 3 penguin biscuits.:eek:

So today I'm determined to stick to plan.

B melon and strawberries with ff greek yoghurt (the aldi version of 0% total. Can't remember who recommended it but it is lovely)
    L scrambled egg with fried mushroom and toms
    D roast beef dinner which will be with loads of veg. I'm not making yorkshires or roasties so I won't be tempted to over indulge. Syns today will be for gravy.

I've measured my milk for teas and haven't planned in a heb so if I do need a non fruit snack later I have alpen lights to go at. Going to try and drink loads of water today too. Really need to get back on track.
    2019 Weight Loss Goals
    Goal 1 8.25/10lbs
    Goal 2 8.25/22lbs
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    i was at a club last year and lost a stone (i want to lose 6) stopped over christmas then rejoined with my daughter. my girl has lost nearly 3 stone and I have lost next to nothing. admittedly it took me ages to get into it again but for the past month i have been sticking to it strictly . i lost 6 one week, 1.5 the next then maintained and this week went along feeling great with a flatter tummy convinced i would have a loss as i have been doing great with the plan only to be told i have gained 1.5 lb. my leader said she is really concerned and i felt ashamed at her comment she is adamant there is something wrong in what I'm doing but i use the slimming world site and fill in every thing i eat.

You've lost 6lbs in a month, so that's not a bad result overall. When you take into account the fact that you've got health issues too, you need to give yourself a pat on the back.

Have SW started employing people with medical training as consultants now? I don't think so - your consultant can't possibly know whether your health issues have affected your weight loss. She doesn't sound very encouraging!

It's important not to compare your own results with other people's - there may be others in your group who have had awards but they might have been eating VERY unhealthily prior to joining SW. We're all different, younger people tend to lose quicker, as do men, but you can do it do, you just need to be patient.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family