PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 21st November 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning every one and a very Happy Birthday to H/Hester, I hope you have a smashing day and get spoiled rotten ;):bdaycake: with large slices of this possibly

Well another week has vanished, and soon it will be Christmas looming over the horizon. I have 6 birthdays before Christmas week as well :eek::eek: There's been a lot of belt tightening in my house this month.

This afternoon I am off to History Club which I always enjoy.Tomorrow I am at youngest DDs as her and my son-in-law are having their yearly night out together Once a year they go up to London for a show and dinner and stay overnight in an hotel.It's the only night they have away from the children, bless them, as money is in short supply often at their house.I shall be in charge of the three youngest boys, and tomorrow night is 'naughy night' They get to choose what they want for dinner and I get some 'goodies' in and we snuggle up on the sofa and watch a movie. They love having Nanny all to themselves :rotfl:
    DGS Ben comes home from Uni three weeks today and apparently he is off camping with some of his pals this week end in the Lake district (better them than me camping in November :eek: ) what it is to be young though.
    Well time I got a wriggle on I am going to have a walk up to the hairdressers and she if I can get a trim as I am slowly vanishing behind a mop of hair.
    I hope everyone stays dry and warm and has a good weekend
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Happy birthday Hester.

Tru, I had an encounter with a member of the public at work yesterday that made me glad that I have the freedom to do what I like. I couldn't help him and he was racist (not to me personally) and rude, unfortunately there are far too many like him and worse in this small town.

I have to pack today because we're going to Yorkshire for the weekend. I was thinking about going to see a wedding venue but might not. I'm trying to drag up the courage to dash DD's dreams because what she wants will be ridiculously expensive.

Have a good day.
  • busiscoming2
    Options
    Morning all,

Happy Birthday Hester :)

Awful for everyone Camelot.

We decided this morning that me and DH would venture to the caravan this weekend. As it will probably be our last until at least the new year we shall put it's cover over it and empty the water from the pipes.

Popped into Tesco on the way home from work this morning, thought I'd got all I needed only to discover I forgot the margerine, so I have to go out especially to get that. If only I'd looked in the fridge properly...

Not much else to report really. Have a good weekend all :)
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Happy Birthday Hester animated-smileys-birthday-037.gifanimated-smileys-birthday-043.gif
    Have a great day x

Camelot we had the same happen at DH's school in half term, they had a special memorial assembly and the head teacher brought in locum teachers on the day of the funeral which was Tuesday so that the teachers could attend.

Snoozer, that is awful :(

Sistercas thinking of you, your Mum and the family xx

Raining here at the moment and I need to go to and pick up a prescription and pay some bills, so I am waiting for a bit to see if it dries up.

This afternoon they have all been warned not to come into the front room because I am pressie wrapping.

Right onwards and forwards

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good afternoon all,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HESTER:A:bdaycake:

Did a bit of shopping this morning, but earlier I bent down to pick something up and pinged my back, so I am sat here with a hot water bottle at the back of me.

Sistercas it is a very difficult time for you all, I am sure the right decision will be made eventually and your mum will be happy whether she moves near to you and your brother, or if she stays closer to where she is now.

Camelot, how sad, and only a few days after you heard she was so ill.

I think we need photos of puppies to cheer us all up.

TTFTM I have missed you, take care.

Have a good weekend everyone

Candlelightx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Uh oh, brainfog alert - I've read, and not a thing has sunk in!

Hoppy Birdday Hester - I hope you're celebrating in style.;););)

Puppy pics, pleeeeeze.:D

I have a very hairy Ted snoozing on the sofa; he's a Border Terrier, and is due for an appointment with the groomer's apparently. I had a lovely little card from his owners, thanking Mr LW and me for looking after him.:o It's always nice when the owners say thank you, even though they're paying for the service; I keep all the cards and notes I get.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Poddly
    Poddly Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Busy morning: cleaned the bathrooms, made a shepherds pie for tomorrow and venison casserole in slow cooker for tonight. Also sorted out some dates for seeing friends and family next month and planned menus, shopping lists. This afternoon we attended DS16's GCSE awards ceremony, which was very nice.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Afternoon all
    I've just got in from work & I'm off to babysit for DD soon, thank you for all the birthday wishes, here & on FB. Hubby & I will go for a carvery tomorrow as we are both out tonight.
    My children bought me the most beautiful gift, a framed paper cut saying 'To the world you are just a mother, to us, you are our world' It made me cry & most of my work colleagues too.
    I also got some Amazon vouchers & some flowers etc, I'm so lucky.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hester

Have a good evening and weekend. You deserve it!

Tru
    I agree with the idea of using your crafting abilities and having independence.

Camelot

I am so sorry about your colleague and the sudden news.

Made a marinated pork steak each with mixed veg for tonight and had curry from yesterday for lunch.

Trying to get used to our bed being in the middle of the room as it makes it a bit of an obstacle course.

Might go shopping tomorrow for shoes as we don't have much time before the wedding. New jacket arrived for me through the post this morning so very pleased with it.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very late Birthday wishes Hester...lovely to see that your children appreciate the wonderful mother that your are.

My tablet is acting up again....or it could be something stupid that I have done, so having to use my desktop which is in a colder room so haven't been on for a few days.

Debating whether I should move to downstairs bedroom after I have my hip done...currently DD2 uses it when she comes and she is coming for Christmas this year...it sleeps 4 and has an en suite, if they move up to my room beds will have to be moved around and I envisage unknown hassle...apparently I have to be able to walk up a stairway before I leave the clinic, so think that I will stay put in my own room.

Very wet here all day, need to go shopping in the morning as really must get cracking on stuff to freeze for Christmas.

Essex girl...congratulations on puppies.

Judi...sorry that black dog is around, he has been here for a while, but staying at a distance most of the time.

Hugs to all in need or want of one or more, stay safe and warm

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills