PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Solstice_3
    Options
    Shopping today, spent more than I would have liked but DD needed more Lactofree cheese and I needed bath stuff for the LOs too plus other stuff all adding up just before the next month, still in budget though :)

22/11 £19.12
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wahey, a NSD today! The mystery shop at the restaurant does not count as it will be refunded (with a small fee added, so what's not to like?).

Feeling very virtuous because DH offered to buy ice cream and/or a drink afterwards, saying that it would not count as he was paying, but I explained that it is a matter of self control, deciding not to spend, and he understood and agreed.

Going to update sig now. Only another 4 NSDs to make the challenge, not sure I shall be able to, but I have done my best.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • dingdongsaving
    Options
    Oooh I'd love a mystery food shop where I got to eat out! I've only ever done non food related ones.
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »

He is having a blood test on Monday and I have to say that I am hoping it'll say he isn't coeliac. Its so much work. But we'll see.

!

Has the Dr told you to give your son a GF diet before testing? I made this mistake, and because of it my daughter had to be re-tested 3 months later after eating a "normal" diet, as you can't test for something if they haven't been consuming it. Finally got diagnosed after a biopsy on her intestines.

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    Now my update....

Had a good few NSD this week. But my total spends since I last posted are £1 at sainsbobs for milk. £7.25 on some YS stuff at Mr T's. Also spent £1 on a bar of chocolate from a local shop for some baking i've been doing so a total of £9.25p

Really happy with that. Considering there is only a week left, i'm doing SO well in my opinion. Seriously tempted to do an online shop for some goodies for christmas, rather than pull it all out of next months budget.

Will see how much I spend today first. Got to go and get packed lunch stuff, some meat for dinner, and a few other bits and bobs.

Have a nice day everyone!

CP xx

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Has the Dr told you to give your son a GF diet before testing? I made this mistake, and because of it my daughter had to be re-tested 3 months later after eating a "normal" diet, as you can't test for something if they haven't been consuming it. Finally got diagnosed after a biopsy on her intestines.

CP xx

He had a blood test a few weeks ago, prior to the elimination diet, and will have one again on Monday. I am not sure what they are looking for in the blood, but I presume there'll be some change.
    They also have requested a stool sample (sorry if tmi).
  • owl_lover
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry I haven't been on for ages- I completely forgot on holiday.
    I spent 58.98 on groceries before we left- this was to feed 4 adults so not too bad.
    Had to get a couple of little bits yesterday so total is now £269.43.
    We might actually be able to do it :).
    November GC- £322.43/£300. Dec - £364/£400
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    He had a blood test a few weeks ago, prior to the elimination diet, and will have one again on Monday. I am not sure what they are looking for in the blood, but I presume there'll be some change.
    They also have requested a stool sample (sorry if tmi).

Not tmi at all..... I've been through it all so know what happens. Used to have to look at a card at every single appointment and say "it looks like that one" :rotfl: Hope you manage to get sorted!

Been to Mr T's and spend £27.01, then £6 at £land. So £33.01 altogether.

CP xx

• bmma
    bmma Posts: 607 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, have not posted in nearly a week- computer on its last legs I think- keeps locking me out one more week of the November challenge
    spends to date £54.24/£80.00p + 8 NSD'S x
    :hello::coffee:Penny Pincher in training
    Keep Calm Keep Vegan:):staradmin
    year's food budget £1,920
  • miss_try_to_save
    Options
    ok im already over by £30 budget was £380 so as im in try not to be to far over mode today was a small spend I got 2 lactose free milk for dd2 £2.20 and 2 normal milk £2.00 and some bread for 40p so im going to say £5 making me £35 pounds over budget this should last a couple of days so should not need anything else for the rest of this challenge I was very good even thought my local sains had a lot of really good reduced deals I was not tempted my logic is its not a bargain if I don't need it I got home and opened my freezer its jammed so if I had bought it would be for the sake of buying it how silly is that lol this challenge has made me look at things differently and I can now see all the money im frittering away on rubbish roll on Dec challenge
    oct 2015 grocery challenge £183/£2360

0/£600 aug 2016 grocery challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family