Ugg Boots from £62 delivered

Comments

• hm71_2
    hm71_2 Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    [URL="javascript:;"]ClassicShortSandBack400.jpg[/URL]
    http://www.snugaustralia.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=20&products_id=88&osCsid=2b66afd5b0ceebdc995203f30ff1a874. actually they are UGG boots I e-mailed the company to confirm. They have on the boot pages a choice to look at a back view and this is what you see. My daughter only wants 'UGG' boots she is a wag in training, ( I'm so proud:eek: )
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • I can assure you that these boots from "snug" are not the boots that all the celebs wear, if that is what you are looking for...

For one, UGG boots do not have SNUG written above the label, like the ones above have, also, the label UGG has an enlarged G in the middle of the label, the SNUG ones do not.
  • me4bargains
    me4bargains Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    hm71 wrote: »
    http://www.snugaustralia.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=20&products_id=88&osCsid=2b66afd5b0ceebdc995203f30ff1a874. actually they are UGG boots I e-mailed the company to confirm. They have on the boot pages a choice to look at a back view and this is what you see. My daughter only wants 'UGG' boots she is a wag in training, ( I'm so proud:eek: )
    I knew they were real but I really couldn't be arsed to 'argue' with all the doubters on this thread by posting a copy of the boots.
    Thanks for putting the time and energy into doing so. Now maybe people will see they are genuine!
    I'm not a sucker for a fake!
    Third time lucky on WW I hope :j
    January: 13st 11lb :eek:, February: 13st 2.5lb, March: 12st 13lb, April: 12st 10.5lb, May: 12st 2lb, June: 12st 1lb, July: 12st 1lb, August: 11st 11lb, September: 11st 10.5lb, October: 11st 12.5lb, Currently 11st 8lb
  • The make that the celebs wear is "Ugg Australia" and can be seen here http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDetails.aspx?gID=w&categoryID=283&productID=5815&model=Classic+Tall if you click on the boots, select enlarge you can see what I mean by the label.
  • I knew they were real but I really couldn't be arsed to 'argue' with all the doubters on this thread by posting a copy of the boots.
    Thanks for putting the time and energy into doing so. Now maybe people will see they are genuine!
    I'm not a sucker for a fake!

They are real UGG boots, but not made by UGG AUSTRALIA which is the boots that everyone wear.
  • hm71_2
    hm71_2 Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My daughter who as previously stated is a wag in training, is more than happy with the labelling on this boot, It gives the wrong impression when items are stated as fake!, i immediately think knock off, which i don't buy because it funds so many dodgy other things, these are equal quality to UGG australia, and to be honest i've never been that near to pamela Andersons feet to read the label on her boots. I'm kinda hoping no-one wants to get that near my daughters feet (slightly creepy). If you would prefer uGg boots (as worn by pammie) goto http://www.uggaustralia.com/WomenLandingPage.aspx?gID=w, they ship internationally also.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • scorpio13
    scorpio13 Posts: 449
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    hm71 wrote: »
    to be honest i've never been that near to pamela Andersons feet to read the label on her boots.

:D:D:D

Well said hm71.

My pair came in at just under 50 quid, and [to me] that's a bargain - seeing as they're real sheepskin.

I'm not bothered if they're not the same as Pamela Anderson's.:rolleyes:
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    This is a GENUINE ugg australia boot, note the difference in the logo.

ugg.jpg

Genuine Ugg Australia Boots are manufactured by Deckers Corporation. All boots should have the registered trademark ® symbol on the inside label & on the Ugg insignia as above.

In 1971, Shane Stedman registered the term Ugh-boot and other terms as trademark with the Australian Trade Mark Registry. These trademarks were subsequently sold to the American company Deckers Outdoor Corporation, who also registered other trademarks, such as UGG Australia in 1999. By 2003, Deckers had begun a campaign of legal threats against Australian manufacturers and vendors using variants of "ugh boots" as descriptors of their wares.
    As a result, Bruce and Bronwyn McDougall, owners of Uggs-N-Rugs, a Western Australia-based manufacturer, commenced legal action to have ug, ugg and ugh boots removed from the Australian Trademarks Registry. In January 2006, they were successful in having Deckers Australian trademark removed, and the words and the names were once again generic terms for sheepskin boots. Ian Thompson, Delegate of the Registrar of Trade Marks, stated: "[t]he evidence overwhelmingly supports the proposition that the terms UGH BOOT(S), UG BOOT(S) and UGG BOOT(S) are interchangeably used to describe a specific style of sheepskin boot and are the first and most natural way in which to describe these goods which should innocently come to the minds of people making this particular style of sheepskin boot."[2]
    Deckers Outdoor Corporation decided not to challenge the decision in a higher court, but still hold the trademark in the United States and the European Union and continue to refer to their product as "UGG footwear". They have continued a campaign against other companies referring to products as "ugg", "ug" or "ugh" boots. They continually monitor usage of the above names on the World Wide Web, using legal means to shut down any auction or website that they feel infringes their trademark. Deckers have also registered the domain uggsnrugs.com, an example of cybersquatting. They refer to the abovementioned decision of the Australian Registrar of Trademarks, but incorrectly claim it is an opinion rather than a judicial determination, and has little-to-no value as a legal precedent in the United States.[2] It is interesting to note that the website also lists the results of Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy cases taken to an arbitration provider, which mostly relate to cybersquatting by Deckers.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    mascherano wrote: »
    hahahaha, you're all buying fakes! suckers!

Not quite.

what they are buying are derived from Ugg boots. They are not Original Uggs, but they are not fakes either.

The boots the stars wear are Ugg Australia, like the above photograph.

Its a bit like Crocs and holey's. Crocs are the originals and best known, Holeys are still expensive but not "The" brand, just a derivitive.
  • scorpio13
    scorpio13 Posts: 449
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just ordered a tall black pair before the price goes up again.

I ordered the Short Black pair,.......... let us know when you get them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure