Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Comments

• I signed up through MSE as the tariff was less than through Uswitch and things have not been smooth at all.
    Online 12m tariff 1704_MSE which was great but so far I have been complaining more than anything happening.
    • Currently online does not work at all
    • Waiting for national grid to update their system for gas and electric to go live online
    • No communication, ended up using LinkedIn to contact head of Customer Services
    • Advised they cannot publish this tariff on Uswitch due to it being a live tariff and they don't want competitors to see it
    • I'm advised that this is a special deal with MSE and 'you' would not publish it?
    • Confusion over when I am supposed to provide meter readings (as online doesn't work)
    • Billing is quarterly but they aren't to worried if you provide a reading each month
    So overall not a good experience. I am advised that the national grid upgrade is affecting over 1m customers but this is the first time I have heard about this - anyone else affected?
    I had a call from Lowri Beck who are the meter reading company who 'might' give Green Star the meter reading! It's confusing as to what they do compared to me doing this as apparently the national grid want to know???
    Overall, despite the switch, the upshot is I am still paying more than I did previously despite the claims from all sites saying I could save £300 as it's done on a forecast not on my actual so what's the point of adding in actual usage if it's not used - not the first time I've switched but clearly more to learn!
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Richt99 wrote: »
    I signed up through MSE as the tariff was less than through Uswitch and things have not been smooth at all.
    Online 12m tariff 1704_MSE which was great but so far I have been complaining more than anything happening.
    • Currently online does not work at all
    • Waiting for national grid to update their system for gas and electric to go live online
    • No communication, ended up using LinkedIn to contact head of Customer Services
    • Advised they cannot publish this tariff on Uswitch due to it being a live tariff and they don't want competitors to see it
    • I'm advised that this is a special deal with MSE and 'you' would not publish it?
    • Confusion over when I am supposed to provide meter readings (as online doesn't work)
    • Billing is quarterly but they aren't to worried if you provide a reading each month
    So overall not a good experience. I am advised that the national grid upgrade is affecting over 1m customers but this is the first time I have heard about this - anyone else affected?
    I had a call from Lowri Beck who are the meter reading company who 'might' give Green Star the meter reading! It's confusing as to what they do compared to me doing this as apparently the national grid want to know???
    Overall, despite the switch, the upshot is I am still paying more than I did previously despite the claims from all sites saying I could save £300 as it's done on a forecast not on my actual so what's the point of adding in actual usage if it's not used - not the first time I've switched but clearly more to learn!

Yes, the entire gas network computer systems have been changed. Project NEXUS it is called and should be complete but like all computer system upgrades I suspect it's not working fully yet.

I received my final bill from Scottish power today and it was based on an estimate! Considering I gave Green Star gas and electricity readings at the same time, and they gave SP the electricity reading just fine, I suspect that this system upgrade has caused this.

Thankfully, I sent SP a meter read 3 days before the switch went through making the estimate only 2 units out so makes no odds.

Still waiting for the ability to submit meter reads online though!

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • pepsi_max2k
    pepsi_max2k Posts: 396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Switched with the MSE deal, got mostly similar problems to everyone:

- Gas readings only just activated, prior to the nothing was active, although Elec readings were active for a short period just after the switch before dissapearing again.

- Elec shows the reading I put in for the short time it was active, Gas reading I sent through twitter but not showing anything on the website.

- Elec supplied from 16th May, Gas (due to switch issues) from 30th May, however the supplier I switched from still shows Gas as active with them too, so afaik both are not taking direct debits for the same thing.

- Meanwhile, Cheap Energy Club shows Gas as switched, but has decided Elec hasn't, so not paying out.

Just gonna wait a week or two more and see if they sort themselves out :undecided
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    My account is now fully active on Green Star it seems.

I can now add meter readings, which I shall do tonight. The meter reads are from the e-mail I sent to them and are exactly correct also.

Hoping they can send the Gas reading to SP just to correct the admittedly tiny difference between their estimate and reality.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    Owt4nowt wrote: »
    Just thought I'd post a quick update to my initial post earlier.

Green Star have now taken their first direct debit, but my old supplier (Scottish Power) have also taken their direct debit. So I have paid twice for my energy this month. I'm not sure which payment was correct as my online accounts with both suppliers seem to show them as supplying at least one of my energies.

My on-line account with Green Star is still exactly as it was when I created it on my switch over date which was the 15th May. So I still can not enter meter readings.

I will now email both Scottish Power and Green Star to see if I can gain further information regarding why both have taken a direct debit and also when the switch will be complete and the final bill from Scottish Power will be issued.
    Another update regarding the problems with my transfer to Green Star.

As detailed in my last post an email was sent to both Scottish Power and Green Star asking why both had taken a direct debit.

Scottish Power have replied advising they are still my provider for electricity but not gas. My gas was transferred to Green Star as planned on 14/05/17.

Green Star have yet to reply to my email sent 5 days ago. So I have now sent another email to request a response.

However Green Star did email me yesterday to confirm my meter readings submitted by email on 15/05/17 have been successfully recorded in my Green Star Energy Account.

I suppose as long as when I flick the switch the light comes on I should consider myself lucky.

Hopefully Green Star will respond to my emails soon and we can sort the problems out.
    Ok so here is a quick update re my switch from SP to Green Star.

Despite sending three emails to Green Star I have not received a reply. The first email was sent 10 days ago.

Progress is being made. Not sure if if this is due to my emails or not.

SP have issued a final bill for my electric and have requested my meter reading for my gas.

Hopefully my final bill for gas will be sent soon.

Still can't submit meter readings online on my Green Star account.

Also I have received my cash back for switching with MSE.

Hi Owt4nowt,

I am glad to hear that progress is being made, I am sorry however for the shortfall in our customer service that you have received so far.

Your gas account should be closed down if you switched both supplies to Green Star Energy, if you would like me to check that your gas supply has come over correctly please email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com with the subject line FAO Megan, including in this your account number. I can pick this up and assist further.

Unfortunately we are still having system issues in regards to being able to submit meter reads online, once the update has been completed, fingers crossed, their should be no further issues and you will be able to submit your meter reads online. For now we do ask that you carry on submitting them via email until we have a further update on this.

I am happy to hear you have received your cash back from MSE.

Thank you,
    Megan
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Green_Star_Energy
    GSXR1100 wrote: »
    Perhaps if I had visited here before switching I may have reconsidered...

03/05/17 Received an email to say that the switch application to the dual fuel 12m Fixed MSE offer was going ahead.

04/05/17 Received account number and immediately set up an online account and downloaded the app. Neither the web site or the app were functional but thought that they would become live before or on my switch date.

20/05/17 Received letter via email advising that the switch date would be 23/05/17 and asking me to submit meter readings via the web portal or the app on this date.

23/05/17 took meter readings and attempted to submit them via web portal, app and automatic telephone system. All methods failed so called CS to advise meter readings. The lady I spoke to was very polite but had no interest at all in telling me why I had needed to phone, and was generally disinterested. I was/am not entirely confident that the readings were applied to my account but have no way of checking. The same date I emailed CS@mygreen... to request that someone fixed the access to my account. Received two automated replies to tell me that they will get back to me in 7 days.

05/06/17 Logged on here to see that they were now asking for opening meter reads to be sent to mse@mygreen... so did just that.

As of today, I have received no reply to any email (apart from the automated one making broken promises), my first payment has been taken but I still have no access to my account via any means.

Overall a poor experience and they will have to work very hard for me to stay at the end of the fixed period.

I'm also slightly unimpressed that this was an MSE group switch and someone seems not to have done enough research into the ability of this company to comply with their promises and handle the increase in customers.

You live and you learn.

Hello,

I am incredibly sorry to hear this has happened and that you have been dissatisfied with the shortfall in out customer service so far.

When we first started the collective switch through the MSE we was not anticipating that the project NEXUS would have such an impact on information coming and going through the Gas industry and customers switching over to Green Star Energy. However as we know now this has impacted quite a lot, for this all I can do is apologise sincerly for such hassle it has caused you and a lot of others.

When the industry update has been completed flows should come through quicker than they have been, at the moment our metering team are working their hardest to enter all of this information manually.

I am sorry that this was not explained to you when you had to contact our customer service team. In regards to your emails, I am more than happy to look into this issue further, if you could please email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com with the subject FAO Megan, I can then pick this up straight away for you.

Thank you
    Megan
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Green_Star_Energy
    pokey18 wrote: »
    Hi, I changed to Green Star Energy with MSE Collective and was transferred on 16th May (in theory). Like other people I couldn't give my meter readings on line but gave them over the phone. They have already taken a payment from me. The trouble is that my old company AVRO are still taking payments from me and will until they hear from Green Star. Apparently they have the electricity reading but not the gas. I phoned Green Star a couple of days ago and they have only just sent the gas reading over and this could take up to 6 weeks I am told. I think this is ridiculous. I know I should hopefully get the money back eventually but I think this is terrible service. I'm really disappointed in Martin Lewis for recommending it.
    Switched to Green Star as part of the Collective Switch on 16th May. Setup my account and got an email asking me to enter my meter readings. Tried and got the same message as others about meters not linked to my account. At this point I wasn't too worried as it was only a short time after the switch so I phoned and then the problems started. The person I spoke to didn't have much interest in listening to the readings and I had to repeat them multiple times and ask her to repeat the readings back to me until I thought we were both in synch. I asked her to send me an email to confirm the readings as I was still worried that all was not well.

I never got a reply so a few weeks ago I called again. This time I was told that due to the numbers switching there was a "small" delay in linking accounts to meters and not to worry. I again asked for a confirmation email.

Phoned today and was told the problem was system related. I also asked what had happened to confirmation I request twice previously. Apparently the confirmation will be resent!!

I have no faith in this company and wish I had never switched to them. Despite them being unable (or unwilling) to send emails or properly setup customer accounts they seem to have no such issues with taking money out of my bank account.
    Not impressed, not only have we had problems with the meter issue being unable to submit readings for gas, we also got no response to emails but to be fair got same day reply when using the MSE email address. Biggest problem was electric supply got cut off out of hours, meter is caput but green star have no emergency out of hours number, western have visited but can do very little because its meter related, very disappointed- what are you supposed to do in an emergency if their contact is only office hours. Nightmare 😡😡

Hi all,

When we first started the collective switch through the MSE we was not anticipating that the project NEXUS would have such an impact on information coming and going through the Gas industry and customers switching over to Green Star Energy. However as we know now this has impacted quite a lot, for this all I can do is apologise sincerly for such hassle it has caused you and a lot of others.

As a result of the above it will show that there are "no meters are linked" when you try to submit your reads on your online account.

When the industry update has been completed flows should come through quicker than they have been, at the moment our metering team are working their hardest to enter all of this information manually.

For now if you could all please email your meter reads to mse@mygreenstarenergy.com and not the customer service mailbox, we have advisers working on both email boxes daily however the MSE mailbox is exclusively to customers that have joined us through the switch.

Thank you,
    Megan
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Rovergb wrote: »
    My contract start date was the 16th May, I submitted readings to CS after not getting anywhere on the app or automated phone line.
    I still cannot see my readings in the app and to submit meter reads cannot happen because the meters are not yet linked. Today a meter reader called without warning on behalf of GB Energy but I do not understand at all what they will do with those readings other than make an assumption whether my readings were correct or not.
    After this length of time I should be able to fully check my information on the Greenstar app to ensure its right in case I end up with an incorrect bill from GB.
    I'm on holiday from Sunday for well over two weeks and do not want to come back to find nothing has changed or worse still incorrect billing. Someone needs to get their finger out at Greenstar but MSE needs to assume responsibility for the problem and get it resolved quickly.

Hi Rovergb,

I am sorry to hear that you are still unable to see these on your online account.

If you could please email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com with your account number I can check as to whether these have been recorded on to your account.

You may or may not be aware that the gas industry is currently undergoing a mandatory system update which is having a knock on effect in submitting meter reads on the online account.

Thank you,
    Megan
  • Green_Star_Energy
    RoughRook wrote: »
    @Green Star Energy (Megan), Are emails mse@mygreenstarenergy.com and customerservice@mygreenstarenergy.com treated with different levels of urgency?

I sent emails to the latter 14 working days ago and have had no response to date.

Hi RoughRook,

Both the MSE and Customer Service mailbox are both considered the same levels of urgency as they are both being worked daily.

We have a separate mailbox for MSE customers as the advisors working on this mailbox will have more of an understanding in regards to the collective switch.

Thank you,
    Megan
  • Green_Star_Energy
    StopIt wrote: »
    I can confirm that whatever systems are broken, at least they're sending the correct meter readings to the previous suppliers. However due to that gas industry wide system upgrade I have yet to receive a final gas bill by SP.

Hopefully that'll iron itself out soon.

However, 3 weeks post switching and still unable to submit meter readings online at all. They really need to get these system bugs fixed ASAP.

Hi StopIt,

I do apologise that this has not yet been fixed, our metering team are working their hardest to add the meter technical detail to customers accounts manually, as this information would usually come through automatically.

If you would like to email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com with your account number we can see if there is anything that we can in order to assist further.

Thank you,
    Megan
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback