Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Comments

• diablodvs7
    diablodvs7 Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 20 April 2009 at 7:30PM
    bonnycot wrote: »
    This bit "The stylish guest rooms provide modern comfort, a unique feeling of spaciousness and contemporary decor for both business and leisure travel." seems to be Novotel standard blurb, if you google it gives you novotel hotels around the world.

Did you book it?? Was it novotel?

I've just booked this hotel in June for £79 inc breakfast (cost about 180-200 on other sites) and it has been confirmed as Novotel London Excel. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I've bagged a bargain. Closest alternative was £125 without breakfast! :T

Lastminute: http://www.lastminute.com/hotels/selectCategoryHotel.do?CATID=110942&accommCode=1053380-1-2-EXT:143940$v1v$&locale=en_GB&tabSelection=hotelDetails&CATID=110942&preserveName-startIndex=25

Novotel Excel: http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-3656-novotel-london-excel/index.shtml

:money::beer::j:rolleyes:
  • Pinky00_2
    Pinky00_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Elegant hotel in London - 4* - London
    This luxurious 4 star hotel in Kensington is a fine choice for your stay in London. Providing easy access to many famous attractions and other points of interests as the West End, Kensington Palace or Hyde Park, it is ideal for both business and leisure travellers. After a long and busy day in town, guests can relax in elegant rooms offering the highest standards for an unforgettable stay.

Can anyone help to identify this hotel? Am thinking of booking with lastminute.com!

Thanks
    Pinky
  • Hi all,

Can anyone reveal the hotel behind this please?

A modern and stylish 4 star hotel in the city centre. Only a short walk from 2 underground stations and with great views over the River Thames. Attractions nearby include St Pauls, Tate Modern and Tower of London - all within walking distance. Within the hotel enjoy their renowned Italian restaurant and trendy DJ bar

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a 4* hotel near Oxford/Picadilly Circus under £100???

All replies greatly receieved.

Thanks in advance for your help,

J
  • beccad
    beccad Posts: 315 Forumite
    Hi im staying in london in may and was thinking of booking lastminute top ret hotels any one have any ideas what the names of the ones below are. thanks for any help much appreciated!

Elegant, deluxe 5-star hotel in West End - 5* - London
    Thanks to its perfect location in the West End, this fine property is an ideal choice for those who want to catch up with London's rich cultural life or enjoy dining in fine restaurants and explore the city's exciting attractions. The hotel is elegantly decorated in a unique style with a blend of tradition and the finest of modern facilities. Guestrooms are spacious with every detail accounted for. This is a good deluxe hotel which conveys a very warm atmosphere.
    The restaurant offers tranquil views, yet provides a vibrant setting to relax and indulge in a wide range of British, seasonal 'comfort' dishes, all of which are prepared in a striking open kitchen.
    Hotel name and address: This information will be provided on your confirmation

Mayfair Luxury at a fraction of the price - 5* - London
    ***FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY - AN UNBELIEVABLE RATE FOR ALL DAYS IN APRIL & MAY***BOOK BOOK BOOK NOW NOW NOW for the amazing chance to stay in this amazing exclusive West End hotel*** Stay at this contemporary & elegant hotel located prestigious Mayfair Park Lane, close to London's most popular landmarks including Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Royal Albert Hall, the London Eye and the world famous Harrods.
    The hotel offers luxurious en-suite bedrooms all equipped with state of the art TV's, pay movies & high-speed internet. The hotel also boasts award winning restaurants and bars as well as fitness & beauty facilities.
    Hotel name and address: This information will be provided

I believe that second one is the Park Lane Hilton - I don't know for certain, but I checked out the restaurants close by and it all seems to check out.
  • beccad
    beccad Posts: 315 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2009 at 9:08PM
    Ellen123 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

This thread is great.

Does anyone know which hotels these might be?

Amazing late Deals in the Heart of the West End - 4* - London
    Thanks to a perfect location in the heart of the West End, this truly delightful boutique style hotel is a great choice for those who want to be within walking distance of London's exciting attractions including Covent Garden, Soho and Oxford Street. This traditional, privately owned hotel offers guest rooms enjoying all the modern facilities you'd expect from a 4-star hotel, including air conditioning and wireless broadband.

Thank you again!

Ellen

I think this is the Charlotte Street Hotel (emphasis on the 'think'!). The restaurants listed when you click through a couple of pages are certainly neighbouring the hotel!

Sorry - to add, it turns out there's another hotel backing onto CSH, called The Rathbone Hotel, so it could be that one also!
  • Pinky00 wrote: »
    Elegant hotel in London - 4* - London
    This luxurious 4 star hotel in Kensington is a fine choice for your stay in London. Providing easy access to many famous attractions and other points of interests as the West End, Kensington Palace or Hyde Park, it is ideal for both business and leisure travellers. After a long and busy day in town, guests can relax in elegant rooms offering the highest standards for an unforgettable stay.

Can anyone help to identify this hotel? Am thinking of booking with lastminute.com!

Thanks

It's the Harrington Hall Hotel. Looks good. Just booked it!!!!:j
  • Pinky00_2
    Thanks for the above post passingthru - I went to book it and it had bloomin sold out - gutted! They still have this one available, any ideas guys????

Stunning hotel in a vibrant, central location - 4* - London
    Stunning, contemporary hotel, centrally located on the south bank of the Thames. Surrounded by some of London's most famous attractions including the world-famous Borough Market... and just a short hop from the legendary shops and theatres of the West End. Enjoy a drink or snack in the hotel's funky, friendly bar or sample the delights of the restaurant's amazing European cuisine.
    Pinky
  • phil_solo
    phil_solo Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jott wrote: »
    Jo191 wrote:
    Hi, does anyone know which hotel this is please?
    Thank you in advance

An Oasis of Luxury in Zone One - 5* - London

This vibrant and luxurious hotel definitely has the WOW factor! Set in an exciting, historic, vibrant location just seconds from the Underground, the perfect place for whatever your plans are in London. This stylish 5-star is host to a superb choice of bars and dining options. Your rate includes breakfast, complientary wi-fi... and some extra surprises

Just wondered if you ever found out which hotel this was? thanks.

They've changed the wording slightly to remove the somewhat giveaway reference to "seconds from the Underground" :rolleyes:
    Luxury hotel in the heart of London - 5* - London

This vibrant hotel definitely has the WOW factor! It's ideally located close to the entertainment and shopping districts of London. Stylish yet comfortable, the hotel has a wide variety of dining options to suit everyone's taste. It's close to the major tourist attractions London such as Tower Bridge, Tower of London and Tate Modern.
    but I think this is the Andaz (formerly Great Eastern) at Liverpool Street. Clicking through to the nearest restaurants gives two that are right by the Andaz, in fact I'm not sure that one of them isn't actually in the Andaz :D
  • Pinky00_2
    Stunning, contemporary hotel, centrally located on the south bank of the Thames. Surrounded by some of London's most famous attractions including the world-famous Borough Market... and just a short hop from the legendary shops and theatres of the West End. Enjoy a drink or snack in the hotel's funky, friendly bar or sample the delights of the restaurant's amazing European cuisine.[/QUOTE]

Well, I couldn't wait for a reply any longer so I went ahead and booked the above hotel! I did my research and I felt confident it was the HILTON TOWER BRIDGE and it was!!!!

I got an absolute bargain there - £151 for 2 nights (weekend). Direct with Hilton would have cost £220. I am one happy bunny!
    Pinky
  • shadypm
    shadypm Posts: 3 Newbie
    Pinky00 wrote: »
    Stunning, contemporary hotel, centrally located on the south bank of the Thames. Surrounded by some of London's most famous attractions including the world-famous Borough Market... and just a short hop from the legendary shops and theatres of the West End. Enjoy a drink or snack in the hotel's funky, friendly bar or sample the delights of the restaurant's amazing European cuisine.

Well, I couldn't wait for a reply any longer so I went ahead and booked the above hotel! I did my research and I felt confident it was the HILTON TOWER BRIDGE and it was!!!!

I got an absolute bargain there - £151 for 2 nights (weekend). Direct with Hilton would have cost £220. I am one happy bunny![/QUOTE]

Hey pinky
    I been looking for a hotel for july and they were £160 plus... found the same one you went too-just read ur thread and checked out the site. Its looks lush-did u get a modern room and was it near 2 everything?

regards...

shadyp
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport