Help please fined for riding my bike what do i do

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 August 2017 at 7:57PM
    Options
    Sorry my grammar is rubbish and spellings...
    Indeed it is...
    And I gobbled off...
    ;)
  • Kimbergirl111
    Options
    It shouldn't matter about my grammar or spellings, I'm asking for advice on what to do! And people are being judgemental by saying things, I'm asking for advice, not people to be funny towards me
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,641 Forumite
    Options
    The unfairness you complain of happens all the time.

Have you noticed that not every motorist that exceeds the speed limit gets prosecuted?
    It is no defence that you have been caught but others haven't.

That's life... some get caught, some don't.
  • Kimbergirl111
    Options
    And I get that, but to harras me the way he did, is not on, ignoring others and only dealing with me, is wrong! Following me, etc, who does that,
  • Korkyb
    Korkyb Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 29 August 2017 at 9:54PM
    Options
    And I get that, but to harras me the way he did, is not on, ignoring others and only dealing with me, is wrong! Following me, etc, who does that,

Kingdom Enforcement I believe..

Was it really "everybody" that was Kung Fu fighting ???
  • Annie35
    Annie35 Posts: 385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    id head over to the parking fines section, they're all about not paying the fines so im sure they'd help you out.

(thanks for the gobble giggle everyone, it did cheer me up)
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Options
    I'm no expert on road traffic law, but I don't see how you can be fined by some random private company. I definitely wouldn't have given them any details.
  • Kimbergirl111
    Options
    Eshui

Thank you

But I didn't know I was little worried when he approached me! So unsure what to do now. If anyone can give advice, would be good.

Instead of laughing about spellings

And gobbled was an area which I said
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Perhaps if you had been a little more contrite, instead of acting as you did you could possibly have wheedled your way out of it. Whoever he was, and he might have been working for an unsavoury company, he didn't deserve to be spoken to like he was.

Guys have been known to be persuaded by a sweet word from a young lady not to write a ticket instead of mouthing off and making a spectacle of yourself. You were never going to win with that attitude.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    esuhl wrote: »
    I'm no expert on road traffic law, but I don't see how you can be fined by some random private company. I definitely wouldn't have given them any details.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/enforcement-officers-issuing-fixed-penalty-notices

Unfortunately some councils indirectly employ nobodies who abuse their authority and are encouraged by bonuses.
    Hardly in the public interest.

OP, you admit riding your bike there so unfortunately can be fined although initially a warning would have been more appropriate. It is unfair you were penalised while others were ignored. If this enforcement is requested by the council contact them and ask what their guidelines are for enforcement.
    If you feel you were harassed I would also complain about that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure