scottish power

Comments

• I called them for confirmation ref opting out via the E-Mail link a few weeks ago and according to there records i was being transfered to the fixed 2010 deal, they seemed to have either been ignoreing the E-Mail link or it simply didn't work, which of course was to there advantage, no wonder there customers are just sick and tired of all there under the counter goings on and just want out.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    What number did you call as that seems to be well hidden on the website.
  • robt7893
    robt7893 Posts: 139 Forumite
    0800 400 200
  • kar999
    kar999 Posts: 706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    See my post 162 above http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=24551963&postcount=162

Email them (use the "contact us" on their page) asking for confirmation you have opted out and no longer on a fixed tariff with termination penalties.
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It appears that the 3% discounted option is now showing on the web site to enable a transfer from the Cap.
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • I range SP this morning to confirm that they had my email to opt out of the new tariff. Gave my meter readings and they switched me onto the standard rate until my switch goes through. I was told that i would be unable to access my online account while the details updated.
  • Ouzy
    Ouzy Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ive changed to EDF v5 as it showed as the cheapest for me. I also opted out using the email but my online SP account is showing `Online Energy - Capped Rate (No Standing Charge)`, should I email/call them to check that i`m put on the standard rate until my move goes though?. Ive also got a credit of £330 in my account. Last time i moved it took nearly a year to get my credit back from Npower. Anyone know how quickly SP send back your credit?

I went through CBK for £60 cashback for EDF. I did it yesterday and its not tracked, its funny but they always track fine for small amounts but never for large amounts. And i use a different browser just for CBK/Quidco etc....
    Fingers crossed it will track :)
  • EIGHTOF8
    EIGHTOF8 Posts: 1,835 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Some more alternative numbers for scottish power:
    Not been in here for years. Life got hectic!
  • chickaroonee
    chickaroonee Posts: 14,678 Forumite
    Have posted this on another thread:

I've just seen in this week's email that I'm going to be charged to leave Scottish Power after the end of the month, not impressed! I suppose it's a lesson to read the small print..

I've just switched through Quidco to EDF (cheapest supplier and £60 cashback) but I'm concerned it won't be processed before the end of the month. Any ideas what I should do?

Sorry this has obviously been covered loads of times, very slow on the uptake here!

Do I need to opt out of the switch? Not sure if I still have the email, oh dear :(

Any help gratefully received.

too many comps..not enough time!
  • violetta
    violetta Posts: 2,624 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Have posted this on another thread:

I've just seen in this week's email that I'm going to be charged to leave Scottish Power after the end of the month, not impressed! I suppose it's a lesson to read the small print..

I've just switched through Quidco to EDF (cheapest supplier and £60 cashback) but I'm concerned it won't be processed before the end of the month. Any ideas what I should do?

Sorry this has obviously been covered loads of times, very slow on the uptake here!

Do I need to opt out of the switch? Not sure if I still have the email, oh dear :(

Any help gratefully received.

If you PM Craig, the Scots Power Representative on this board, with your account details, he will hopefully be kind enough tomorrow to make sure your account opts out of the new capped rate and is on standard tariff pending your move to EDF so that there are no penalties to pay, no matter how long EDF take. He kindly helped me out this way today when Scots Power moved me to the capped rate despite my opting out via the email.
    A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport