Guide discussion: Tax-Free Childcare

Comments

• What is the login page for this?

Thanks.
  • silvasands
    silvasands Posts: 26
    First Post
    Forumite
    There`s no information regarding couples where one partner is a student. Is there any benefit which they can apply for? The couple have 2 children aged 6 and under and live in Wales. Thanks.
  • What is the login page for this?

Thanks.

https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
    I came, I saw, I saved.
    Campaign for the Abolition of Political Parties - find us on Facebook
  • My wife and I both pay Nursery for our 3 little ones via salary sacrifice. Not via vouchers. So we save the tax on this. This affects our pensions though. Would we be better to switch??? We both pay around 600 each p/m and our kids are 2,2 & 6 months.

So confusing......!!!
  • I managed to apply for a childcare account yesterday and got to the page where I could pay money into the account or pay my childcare provider, but now I cannot find where to login to access it again. Has anyone any ideas?
  • Hello...Is Tax free childcare classed as a public fund?
  • MrsNewb wrote: »
    I managed to apply for a childcare account yesterday and got to the page where I could pay money into the account or pay my childcare provider, but now I cannot find where to login to access it again. Has anyone any ideas?

https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/par/app/applynow

You click on the start now button then go through the pages where it asks if you were invited and then enter your personal details. You should then be given the option of entering your log in details rather than applying again.
    I came, I saw, I saved.
  • DT3
    DT3 Posts: 1 Newbie
    If i am self employed but my wife is in work, can I open up and account and my wife continue with vouchers?
  • DT3 wrote: »
    If i am self employed but my wife is in work, can I open up and account and my wife continue with vouchers?
    No, your household has to claim one or the other, unfortunately.
    I came, I saw, I saved.
  • LizPhillips
    LizPhillips Posts: 10 Forumite
    For those who've managed to open accounts can I ask how old your kids are, please?
    I have 1yo twins and a 5yo, the childcare is crippling us (we are lucky to both be working but the tax free childcare would really help).
    I signed up for gov email alerts, my council emailed to say my district could sign up early so I signed up for alerts with them too - I've heard nothing from either.
    I applied as soon as it went live but have heard nothing there either - not even an email acknowledging the application and there's no links to check progress or anything.
    I'm left wondering if it's all got lost in some new crappy IT system, lol.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback