Hugglemonster's debt free diary

Options

Comments

• hugglemonster
    Options
    Went over to sainsbobs this morning to get a few bits and pieces with my vouchers, also picked up a little prezzie for dh and went to B&Q for some catuses (cacti?) that my dd wanted for her room. We were only home for a few minutes and my Mum popped round to see about Xmas dinner arrangements.

I've updated budget and also done a few more surveys so another £3 on it's way to paypal, just chilling out this afternoon and doing a little bit of washing.

Quite boring really but after working so hard last month I can relax before a very busy January and February.

H x

Current funds for spend neutral presents:
    * £5 M&S
    * £5 bonusbond
    * £8.75 paypal
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Was it heaving in Sains? Ours was. I picked up my Xmas veg for less than £2. Pleased with that.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Was it heaving in Sains? Ours was. I picked up my Xmas veg for less than £2. Pleased with that.

It was quite quiet yesterday in there, can't say the same about T8sco this morning we got there before 9am and it was already really busy. I was glad I had a list we it was actually OK, no irritating people. I can confess to spending quite a bit in there which I will have to remedy but I did get some bits and pieces for dh and dd to take away with them next week.

Had a payout from cashback site this morning so an extra £30.30 winging it's way over, I really want to pay it off the computer but there is a payment to go out next week anyway and I really should build up the flights fund so that is where it is going.

Had a message from work to collect a bunch of flowers from the bosses so they will fill my hallway with a beautiful scent.

Some extra plans in mid Jan, I didn't realise it was my father in law's 70th birthday and my dh Aunt messaged him and his sister to see if they were organising a party. We're not but after a few phone calls and messages we've arranged to go down for the weekend, staying with dh folks, and then go for a meal in Cardiff. It's at one of J.O. from Essex restaurants so need to see what sort of prices they charge! DH aunt will be coming up from Cornwall as a surprise. F-I-L is not in the best of health so a party would be a nightmare for him.

Waiting for dh to come home soon then we'll be preparing some food for tomorrow and Xmas Day.

Hope all have a good festive season, H x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    How lovely to have fresh flowers! You have a lovely Xmas too Huggle.

Bob

• Merry Christmas to you and your family Huggle.

How lovely to get flowers, it's nice to be appreciated :)
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Merry Xmas all, although the big day has passed and actually wanting to put away the decorations and straighten out the house. We had a lovely day at my parents house and despite saying to everyone that we couldn't do presents this year they wouldn't let us go without and we have received smellies, chocolates, clothes and other little bits and pieces. Very naughty but nice family!

Today has been quiet, popped out to T&sco for some bread and batteries it was very busy at the shopping park so I'm glad that I can walk over from my house and don't have to get the car out every time.

DH and DD have been packing for their trip to Scotland, they leave at 0400 tomorrow morning, will be nice to have a few days with my lad - we have a 1 meter tall dinosaur to colour in :-)

Tomorrow I plan on tidying up, getting the budget up to date and carry on working through the leftovers in the fridge. I also need to get some printer cartridges so I can get some things ready for work next week, I can claim this back from them.

I also need to have another sort out of junk in the house to sell, must be a few pounds to be made still. I have redeemed a voucher from a survey site which will add to the present spend neutral pot, this is now looking like this:

Current funds for spend neutral presents:
    * £5 M&S
    * £5 bonusbond
    * £8.75 paypal
    * £10 Sainsbobs

H x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Huggle,

Sounds like a wonderful day with your family and it's nice to be spoilt.

Hope DH and DD have a great time away, love the idea of colouring in the dinosaur tail.

Love the present neutral idea, you're doing fab.

Pmo2
    X
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Glad Im not the only one who forgot the batteries!

• hugglemonster
    Options
    Evening all, slept in today until 0900 must have struggled to get to sleep as anxious about dh and dd getting off ok and then heard dh mate random giggling at 0415 when they got picked up. I dropped off OK after that.

So after a slow start I have been busy pottering around doing the downstairs today, the lounge is almost straight but I have left up the Xmas tree and a few decorations for a couple more days. I've also sorted a couple of areas in the kitchen that breed clutter and look horrendous, the shelves and display cupboard are now minimalist and I have treated myself to new tea towels as the others are rags - these are now car cleaning cloths.

It looks so much better, I am on my way to having a place for everything i.e. a box for stationery, a drawer for batteries, all our CDs put away nicely (they're still in the attic). Imagine Monica from Friends, that's my aim without being too over the top as ours is definitely a home that's lived in.

After cleaning the kitchen it still just shows how bad it is and needs completely redecorating - one day!

I'm just about to update the budget whilst watching a bit of t.v., no surveys today and no change to present neutral fund. I've cooked off a packet of beef mince this evening to make Bolognese, ds and I had this for tea and there are 3 tubs in the freezer for meals it was nice despite not fancying beef again. The fridge and cupboards are looking bare but I have loads of veg, both frozen and fresh so I'm sure I can knock up something tomorrow.

Tomorrow I going to take some things to the charity shop/clothes recycling, sort out my bedroom and clean the bathroom. I will also get the last 3 loads of washing done, 3 done today also.

Hope all OK, H x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Morning!

Well last night I did the budget and worked out that I can pay for the flights on 1st February when dh get paid, so the plan is:

£100 already saved
    £135 on 3rd Jan from Child Benefit
    £135 on 31st Jan from Child Benefit
    Remainder from dh wages on 1st Feb

This looks good and I still have some other things to look at to reduce costs and a bill for some work my dh does need taking to the next meeting to get back expenses.

Phew lucky I just checked my Sky account as when I looked at future bills they were going to charge me an extra £10 a month for Sky+ when I don't even have tv with them! A surprisingly quick phone to them has sorted it out. Must remember to log on more frequently.

DS and I have just dropped of some bits to the charity shop and were going to the clothing bank but it was overflowing and bags on the floor, so will look for another one as I didn't want to leave a bag like others.

Just spoke to hubby, they are having a lovely time in Scotland I'm just glad the weather is good for them.

Will do the bathroom and bedroom in a bit and ds and I are making homemade pizza for lunch with potato wedges. I'm going to do a menu from tomorrow with some batch cooking, I'm back to work on Tuesday, dh isn't back until 9th so he'll have the kids, the kids are back to school on Wednesday 4th.

H x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport