ID3global

Comments

• linuxpenguins
    linuxpenguins Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got it back on my card roughly 10 working days later.

Not good though as no where does it state they will debit your account by £1.01 - Leaving them and moving to TSB.
  • snozdop
    snozdop Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I got it back on my card roughly 10 working days later.

Not good though as no where does it state they will debit your account by £1.01 - Leaving them and moving to TSB.

They don't actually debit your account - the money never leaves. It is a "pre-authorisation" and is a way of verifying that the card details you have given (usually for ID purposes) are valid.

Depending on your bank the pending amount will be removed within minutes, hours or days.

Lots of companies and banks use this method of I.D. verification, and it will be mentioned somewhere in the Terms & Conditions (that I'm sure you read in full when signing up) for whatever service it was.

Moving to TSB won't avoid this kind of check.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    I don't think people are wrong to worry about stuff like this, not everyone is an expert in the ways of financial institutions. Ok....it's just a company checking out your ID and verifying your card details, but to the layman it could look like someone checking out your card works for them before they empty your account.
    Sales people should be made to impart this information at the point of sale. And please don't say it will be in the T&C's, only people with too much time on their hands read all of those, that's if their even intelligible.

As a point of reference: When I checked out DD's for the month, I noticed that three had not taken this months payment for the wife's mobile phone. When I rang to ask why, I was told it was the first of the free three months she was getting for upgrading, and this should have been explained in the 3 store. There was no mention of any of this by the part time student in the store and no paperwork either. Bonus, though :)
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    As a point of reference: When I checked out DD's for the month, I noticed that three had not taken this months payment for the wife's mobile phone. When I rang to ask why, I was told it was the first of the free three months she was getting for upgrading, and this should have been explained in the 3 store. There was no mention of any of this by the part time student in the store and no paperwork either. Bonus, though :)

Its not a bonus if you're relying on those DDs to adhere to the T&Cs of a current account to receive the full interest, when you could have made other arrangements for DDs to meet the minimum number.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    but to the layman it could look like someone checking out your card works for them before they empty your account.

That was my first thought, but before I panicked I thought I'd do a Google and found out. It should be clearly stated when you are typing your card details in for the verification process that that is what will happen. I bet the T&Cs don't even state how the company of the pending payment will appear in your online transactions, so even if you have read the T&Cs you might not realise what it is.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Shakin_Steve
    Its not a bonus if you're relying on those DDs to adhere to the T&Cs of a current account to receive the full interest, when you could have made other arrangements for DDs to meet the minimum number.
    Good point, luckily we weren't.
  • Glad I found this thread, had a bit of a panic when I saw this card payment pending. I've just opened a savings account with Ulster Bank so obviously this is what the payment is for!
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    We'll probably see a lot more of this from April next year, when punters may have to provide credit card details as part of an ID check before accessing online !!!!!!.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40630582

I can see that ending well. :rotfl:
  • Badger50
    Badger50 Posts: 123 Forumite
    I wish I had seen this thread before today. I applied a Natwest current account online and the process required credit card details to be given. Minutes later I got a text from Halifax credit card asking if I had authorised a £1.01 payment to ID3Global on my card. When I contacted them they insisted that no bank would ever ask for credit card details as part of their application process and it must be a scam. The upshot was they have cancelled the card.
  • Shakin_Steve
    You are all in line for compensation of at least £50. Our resident expert will be along shortly to tell you how to claim it.

No need to thank me :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure