We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yep it gone really hot here this afternoon too..

Well my luck has been in today... Something fab happened in work, and then I decided to have a toddle down to wyevale, and as I was there they reduced their French lavender plants down to 10p!!! So I grabbed 20 of them lol.. Also picked up chocolate, Moroccan and apple mint plants for £1 each...

They did have loads and loads of plants reduced right down ,not only the bedding plants etc

Ooo ye did buy another plant didn't have a label, but looked like some sort of creeper/ sedum ??? Will take a PIC later, and see if anyone knows what it is lol

Right def need a cuppa
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    IMG_20150629_172411_zpsf6dubuhu.jpg
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    well done CTC... love a bargain !

ive just sold my old chest freezer on the bay ....£68 !!!! started at £10 :rotfl:
    just wanted it gone :D
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Alfie- I'm hoping for thicker if possible, but the price is really good.

I sold a bath I bought new but didn't use as I wanted a free-standing one & also sold a mixer tap that is one of those Victorian style ones that I bought in a charity shop, but again didn't use. So that was good getting them out of the way. Also sold a stainless steel sink that is surplus - not for much, but it all helps. All in the local paper.

Dave what are Glasto berries? Sound yummy.
    Good getting the rubble put to good use & out of your way - always a win win as they say. Great if it doesn't have to travel far too.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Choille. Bed...a nice wicker rt of one in clearance at sweet pea and willow.com

The bed I have is a hand me me down from some one who got it from an advert. Made in Devon I think...French look beds. Its upholstered and I dislike it because I cannot train DH not to put his head on it so we get grease marks on the fabric. We cleaned it yesterday, but the grease is still ruddy in it.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Bargains CTC - those lavender are great & will last & last.

I'll have a peep LIR.

You must get FIR a night cap or shave his head. Ha Ha Ha . the wall in the caravan above the bed is marked wit Mr Choille & he's bald, so I know what you mean. I do want a comfy headboard, but they are dear. Sure they can't be that hard to make.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    choille wrote: »
    Bargains CTC - those lavender are great & will last & last.

I'll have a peep LIR.

You must get FIR a night cap or shave his head. Ha Ha Ha . the wall in the caravan above the bed is marked wit Mr Choille & he's bald, so I know what you mean. I do want a comfy headboard, but they are dear. Sure they can't be that hard to make.

Making one would definitely be cheapest option I think. Plus most unique. I also dislike fabric on ours, so when I get some I like I just plane to cheat by stapling it over and then outing the binding stuff on the edges.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I'd like a bed a little like this

http://www.designbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/tree-bed_2112.jpg

But, er, gilded. Don' ask for much eh? Then hung with lace or very fine silk curtains for summer,
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    this is an oak bed being hand carved/made for a friend. the oak leaves/acorns are for the NEW FOREST...

opnxow.jpgk3kpzn.jpgeqxjxl.jpg351bnyp.jpg
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    choille wrote: »
    Dave what are Glasto berries? Sound yummy.
    Good getting the rubble put to good use & out of your way - always a win win as they say. Great if it doesn't have to travel far too.

Er the Glaston berries were a joke...not real. Not much of a joke either! :o

Anyway, I was pretty sure the 'bombs' in Exeter weren't real either, or I wouldn't have joked about it.

The rubble removal is real, but no one's arrived to do any yet. I think I'll have a lot more than they'll need, unfortunately.

I haven't anything on the bay at present, but I'm bidding on another wheeled strimmer. :D The gas hob I failed to sell a week ago was the first flop I've had...and it was a Neff. :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback