Electric Vehicle

I have bought a new Nissan Leaf 2.ZERO and got it on Friday. I have only driven it from the seller to home so do not have any real news yet.

That said, it drives a lot better than the old version and there are a LOT of buttons. It looks as though a number of the panels are the same, such as doors, front pillars and roof. The wheels and seats are the same and I believe the chassis is too, although the seats do have different covers.

I have a myenergi Zappi smart charger on order that should be installed next Saturday. This device will allow even small amounts of my excess solar to help charge the battery.

I will update as I get to use the car.
The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comments

• theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Any chance of some pics or video Nige?
    Have you bought outright or lease/pcp/hire/borrow/auctioned children?!
    Did the dealer move much on price and did you get any incentives?

20 questions on a Sunday! Sorry :)
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm thinking of buying one. In two or three years time, once somebody else has paid the depreciation. :D
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    theboylard wrote: »
    Any chance of some pics or video Nige?
    Have you bought outright or lease/pcp/hire/borrow/auctioned children?!
    Did the dealer move much on price and did you get any incentives?
    I haven't uploaded pictures here before so I'll have to learn how to do it.

I am in the fortunate position that I could buy it outright. Mum died year before last and I used part of my inheritance. I expect this car to last me until Transport as a Service can take over.

I obviously didn't haggle hard enough. I went armed with an on line price and asked for carpets, boot line and paintwork & interior protection instead of the lower cost. The sales manager agreed without a quibble. I then found that the shark fin aerial is an extra, then I want mud flaps and I suspect I could have got them included too.

It drives far better than the 30kWh Leaf I shall be handing over to my younger daughter and husband. There's over a year to go on the lease and they agreed to pay me what I pay so that I could buy the new car.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • rustyg
    rustyg Posts: 331 Forumite
    Do you have a link to what you bought so we can read the technical specs and advertising blurb?
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    rustyg wrote: »
    Do you have a link to what you bought so we can read the technical specs and advertising blurb?
    https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/new-vehicles/leaf.html I bought a Spring Cloud Green Nissan Leaf 2.ZERO
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport