MSE News: Tesco Bank cancels some credit cards...

Former_MSE_Callum
Former_MSE_Callum Posts: 696 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
edited 8 March 2018 at 6:53PM in Credit cards
Some Tesco Bank customers have had their credit cards cancelled following concerns about accounts potentially being compromised...
Read the full story:
'Tesco Bank cancels some credit cards as a 'precautionary measure''
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 8 March 2018 at 9:11PM
    "We take the security of our customers accounts very seriously and take every measure possible to protect customers from fraudulent activity. "As a result of routine industry-wide fraud protection measures, we have reissued a number of credit cards as a precautionary measure. "We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience caused as a result."
    December 2017

"We take the security of our customers' accounts very seriously and take every measure possible to protect customers from fraudulent activity,"As a result of routine industry-wide fraud protection measures, we have reissued a number of credit cards as a precautionary measure."We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience caused as a result."
    March 2018

Blah, blah, blah! :p

Sorry, we can't tell you any more as it's the subject of an investigation...... Blah, blah, blah! :p

Same old breaches, same old pointless, pathetic, corporate PR-speak rubbish! :)
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Had this happen some time ago with a Tesco card - but never with any other card.

Their whole banking setup is flaky, difficult to use and beset with problems.

Compare it with First Direct, Santander, Halifax or pretty much any other bank and you'll see what I mean.

The whole thing has an amateur feel to it, and although I retain the accounts they're pretty much dormant because of the way Tesco operate their systems.
  • "We take the security of our customers' accounts very seriously and take every measure possible to protect customers from fraudulent activity"

If that's the case? Why do they ask you for your full name, DOB, postcode and even phone number in public, on Facebook!

I'd post a link but I'm not allowed, so here's some quotes from the visitor posts to page:

"Tesco Bank Hi xxxxxx, I'm sorry you've had this trouble accessing our website. Please confirm your full name, DOB and postcode and I'll be able to cancel your renewal - John"

"Tesco Bank Can I confirm your mobile number xxxxx? I'm going to help you register for the online portal and then I'll lapse your policy. It means you'll be able to download any relevant documents straight away :) - John"
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I was used called by fraud dept for a CC that I rarely use as it had been used for some suspicious purchases. They took me through security but TBH I was doing the same back to them.

I said the purchases were unknown to me and they asked if I had the card in my possession. It turns out a new one had arrived, and it was in my safe still in the sealed envelope. If that card's details had been used for fraud, then it such wasn't something that I'd done wrong and it was their 3rd world call centre that was leaking like a sieve!

They didn't seem to interested and said they'd cancel the card and send out another. I think it's in the safe still.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • tastyhog
    tastyhog Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    any reason why you haven't tagged this on to the already existing thread?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure