Nationwide Select - cashback down from 0.5% to 0.25%

Comments

• Same issue for me, credited 56p cashback but should be nearer a fiver with 0.5% cashback up-to the 11th January then 0.25% after that.

Have sent a secure message online so hopefully get it sorted
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Mr_Goodkat wrote: »
    Same issue for me, credited 56p cashback but should be nearer a fiver with 0.5% cashback up-to the 11th January then 0.25% after that.

Same here, too.

I should have about £70 at 0.5% cashback and £900 at 0.25% cashback.

I was expecting cashback of about £2.60. They gave me 54p! :mad: :rotfl:
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Has anyone checked the amount of cashback they accrued this month?

I expected around £4.50 after refunds, but only got 85p! Have contacted Nationwide awaiting their response.
    Same here, but even worse; as my cash reward for January 2018 was -£1.14 (yes negative)!
  • billn
    billn Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I rang and was told they were aware of the problem and it was to do with the lowering of the cashback rate, they also said it would be sorted out by December when it is paid.:eek:

I was advised to keep an eye on it.:D
    If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you!
  • Yes I have just received a -17p cashback. This is so unlike NW. For foreign use it is still the best but I'll be back to my legacy Capital One 0.5% card for UK places that don't take Amex. Three cards is a pain though!
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Has anyone checked the amount of cashback they accrued this month?

I expected around £4.50 after refunds, but only got 85p! Have contacted Nationwide awaiting their response.
    This month's statement has arrived. They appear to have added last month's missing cashback (albeit still about 30p less than expected) onto this month's cashback amount. So it would seem the problem has been fixed.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry for bumping up an old thread.

Just reverted to using this card again after the TSB cashback offer has ended.

I'll be honest I was surprised the cashback on this Select credit card had been reduced.

Can you tell me how this was communicated as I've looked through all the paper documentation I have (including lots of iterations of T&Cs) and haven't spotted it.

Was it solely by a (now expired) notice on the NW website?

Cheers in advance
  • I get online statements so no leaflet - did anyone else with paperless not get notified?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the 0.25% is quietly dropped soon since it's not on offer for new Select applicants.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    ahuk wrote: »
    I get online statements so no leaflet - did anyone else with paperless not get notified?

I'm pretty sure I received notification.

It was also highlighted on my January 2018 statement:
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
    On the 11th January 2018, the cashback rate on your credit card has/is changing from 0.5% to 0.25%. This is reflected in the amount of cashback shown on your statement • you can check this in the Cash Reward section.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure