PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• Aliliva wrote: »
    Major drama down here: my solicitor was fired (yes, literally fired) by the firm I'm employing cause he was not progressing applications. Which means he never sent out any enquiries and now the whole thing has to be picked up by another solicitor.
    I'm half fuming half worrying that the vendors would pull out, cause we had informally agreed on an exchange date at the end of the months...and thanks to those idiots it looks like we'll be delayed by weeks! And to add worries on worries, my current flatmate is looking for someone to replace me from the beginning of march, so I might end up homeless :(

OMG ! STRESS !....not ideal :/ will they push things forward so you can get cracking, you poor thing you couldn't script it !
  • Well done Kates08 - we're only planning on a week to pack, it'll be fine!

Aliliva - I'd be looking at a reduction in fee's from my solicitors if they'd done that, not what you need at all.
  • Sadly withdrew my offer from the property I was hoping to buy. The shadiness from the vendor around the garden and outstanding structural issue have made me feel that I couldn't proceed with the sale.
    I'll be back to hunting Rightmove religiously.
  • Aliliva
    Aliliva Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    OMG ! STRESS !....not ideal :/ will they push things forward so you can get cracking, you poor thing you couldn't script it !

I knew it was going all too well :( at the moment, this is the very only thing holding me up, as everything else is in place, mortgage offer included
    GC £~~/300
  • Okay - so now i am super stressed worrying about stupid house we are buying ..trying to arrange an electrician without having any actual dates too ..which is a hard enough task because they need access to the property and we can't do that without the estate agents giving us access, which means we have to work around them and Electricians who can only do bloody evenings to view the property ...GIVE ME STRENGTH...i like my estate agents ( strangely) but wished they would be a bit more willing to help on evening viewings/weekends knowing that these are the only times most people can do in these cases !

Solicitor has gone back to their solicitor regarding an indemnity policy so still waiting on that ..everything just taking so long and really fed up now as thought that we were almost there ..soon enough it will be Feb ...our buyers had said they wanted in by December :/
  • Aliliva wrote: »
    I knew it was going all too well :( at the moment, this is the very only thing holding me up, as everything else is in place, mortgage offer included

I'd be furious i really hope they treat you with priority given this ..or some kind of reduction in fees at least ..so annoying for you :(
  • Aliliva
    Aliliva Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'd be furious i really hope they treat you with priority given this ..or some kind of reduction in fees at least ..so annoying for you :(

I've just emailed them my feelings...I couldn't do it yesterday, I was so much in a bad place that I couldn't even write anything sensible. I've told them I expect them to assign me someone on the spot and have the new person call me, but I'm afraid this might still end up costing me money: I was waiting for an advice from my sol on asking on a reduction (small one, indeed) to account for a few defects that came up in the homebuyer report, but I don't want to ask the vendors for a reduction at the very eleventh hour :eek:
    GC £~~/300
  • Thanks for the reassuring ‘sold sign’ advice - I admit every little thing is sending me closer to the edge! After some sleep the more rational part of my brain has kicked back in :)
    Still awaiting confirmation that our buyers are proceeding after their survey on Tuesday - the house is old but well maintained, and the buyers are used to old houses, but I’m still nervous until we have news that all is continuing as planned!
    Once they have been in touch we are nearly at the point of agreeing dates with them - we intend to proceed whether or not the house we are purchasing are ready to go as we have alternative accommodation for the interim period. But ideally, it would all line up neatly, for exchange and completion on both properties at the same time, so fingers crossed solicitors get a wriggle on next week.
    Nail biting times!
  • mailmannz
    mailmannz Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    And we are done! Just had the call from the solicitors that we can go get our keys! :T

I might start tearing up with joy :heart::kisses2::blushing:
  • Kate08 and Mailmannz - fab news!!

Gives me hope - no news here but dropped the ST forms into Sols for land registry and hope this moves fast

Onwards to next week now!!

SLM
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport