IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco to get blue badge info from dvla

Comments

• MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yep I think you've nailed it, despite the incoherent way it was written by Tesco PR.<snip>
    PR people are usually experts at writing incoherent bull crap :D

That's why they get paid huge sums of money for their profession.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,021 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    unforeseen wrote: »
    Said by somebody who is ignorant of the role and purpose of the traffic officers

Please enlighten me if I have it wrong, you maybe correct but a traffic cop was equally scathing of their roll to me!
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 October 2016 at 6:42PM
    fisherjim wrote: »
    Please enlighten me if I have it wrong, you maybe correct but a traffic cop was equally scathing of their roll to me!
    They provide support to the police by E.G.

Providing assistance to people on the hard shoulder by providing a safety buffer using their vehicle until rescue or recovery arrive. They have even been known to provide first time fixes occasionally A job that used to be down to the police until the advent of TOs

Assisting in the aftermath of accidents where police actions have been completed such as carriageway cleanup etc. They also provide the initial 'coning' in some situations to make a safe area for the emergency services to work.

They were never intended to do anything about speeders. I think the fact that they have a 4x4 loaded down with a pile of kit makes thafairly obvious (to most people)

They are 5jere to add an additional safety factor to incidents and also allow police to be released earlier to catch your speeding friends

ETA

Probably could have saved myself typing by telling you to look at http://www.southwales-tra.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=11028
  • fisherjim
    unforeseen wrote: »
    They provide support to the police by E.G.

Providing assistance to people on the hard shoulder by providing a safety buffer using their vehicle until rescue or recovery arrive. They have even been known to provide first time fixes occasionally A job that used to be down to the police until the advent of TOs

Assisting in the aftermath of accidents where police actions have been completed such as carriageway cleanup etc. They also provide the initial 'coning' in some situations to make a safe area for the emergency services to work.

They were never intended to do anything about speeders. I think the fact that they have a 4x4 loaded down with a pile of kit makes thafairly obvious (to most people)

They are 5jere to add an additional safety factor to incidents and also allow police to be released earlier to catch your speeding friends

ETA

Probably could have saved myself typing by telling you to look at http://www.southwales-tra.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=11028

Brilliant thanks, I know they can't do anything about speeders, maybe I was a little harsh quoting Jeremy Clarkson but my point was really about the lack of policing, since the introduction of the Traffic Officers there seems to be no policing going on at all.

Though sorry not really helpful to the original thread!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 October 2016 at 4:41PM
    What Tesco are doing does not make any sense

By introducing a system whereby their staff take pictures must mean that they think Horizon are useless and cannot control their car parks

Pointless therefore having Horizon around.

The time is fast coming when a motorist is going to bop one of these evil ticket bods. Doubt they will bother if it's Tesco's staff or not.

By doing this, Tesco have now placed themselves in the category of the other scammers even if it's only to do with disabled bays.

Tesco have said that they will not profit from this ???? They have started their own parking dept so do we really believe that they would finance this (with their falling profits) and let Horizon take all the booty ...... don't think so.

If Tesco staff take pictures then by the time they get to Horizon, they are third party and now Tesco customers can query the validity of pictures as Horizon will only be an acting agent who will not be able to prove the validity.

Taking this to court, could well mean that Tesco and their staff will get involved and that is where Tesco will fall foul of their paying customers.

As coupon-mad has said, Tesco could well fall foul of the Equality Act and that alone could cost them dearly.

All in all, it is clear that Tesco actually don't understand the parking industry and it will take little time before they are seen as the new scammers and just like Donald Trump will start to really struggle

I am all for disabled bays being kept clear for those needing them.
    It would be better to provide a lot more parking bays.
    What about the mother and child bays ?? Are the Tesco spy cam staff going to know who is who, it does not follow that a child seat will be on view. Maybe Tesco staff will follow them around.

It's not the sort of company I wish spend my money with if they have spies on patrol

I am sure it will not be long before Tesco wear the badge the other scammers do. You can guarantee it will be newspaper stories for all the wrong reasons.

Silly Tesco, best to think it out again and let the so called professional scammers feed off your car parks. Or better still kick them out and give your profits a chance to recover
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    quite simple really, big signs saying pics taken of offending cars, offenders see the sign, see men taking pics, 1st few get Horizon threat letters and pay, word get round and job done. Pratts don't park there, well some do and get an invoice. Very few repeat. job done.
    At least that's the theory.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • fisherjim
    I was in Marks & Spencer yesterday using their conveniences.

There was a scruffy Muppet from Tesco's (which is next door) in there having a wash and shave in the wash hand basin, talking to himself and making a right old mess.

Yes these are just the sort of people to entrust with this sort of task!

These dopes can't get an order right for love or money let alone issue a fake charge, and once they have set the ball rolling with their shiny new hand held device, the victim could be in the PPC bullies loop of threats for months if not years.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    fisherjim wrote: »
    I was in Marks & Spencer yesterday using their conveniences.

There was a scruffy Muppet from Tesco's (which is next door) in there having a wash and shave in the wash hand basin, talking to himself and making a right old mess.

Yes these are just the sort of people to entrust with this sort of task!

These dopes can't get an order right for love or money let alone issue a fake charge, and once they have set the ball rolling with their shiny new hand held device, the victim could be in the PPC bullies loop of threats for months if not years.

That is so funny Fisher, if only Tesco know how we preceive them
  • fisherjim
    beamerguy wrote: »
    That is so funny Fisher, if only Tesco know how we preceive them

Believe me they know what I think of them, £319 home shopping delivery given to us free, well it was infested with maggots.

Two deliveries with spirit bottles still with security tags attached driver showed us how to break them off.

Raspberries substituted for grapes.

A whole delivery failed to arrive.

They are total Muppets and deserve all they get, now with Ocado they are the canines wobblies.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    What about the mother and child bays ?? Are the Tesco spy cam staff going to know who is who, it does not follow that a child seat will be on view. Maybe Tesco staff will follow them around.
    That will be a complete dog's breakfast. Unless they're there just at the point of parking, what evidence have they that no child was involved? And if they are, then mitigation of loss comes into play. Trolley pushers need to be appraised of VCS -v- Ibbotson before they go snapping. Will Tesco provide them with a free toothbrush?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport