unbank/no bank account

Options
Hi all,

I'm a student in Service Design (basically, I learn to design/improve services so that they create value for the users) based in London, and I'm currently doing research for my final project around the reasons why people are or become unbanked and chose to use services such as Ffrees. I would really appreciate if you could help me with my research – I created a survey that will take you around 5min to complete. I'd love to chat more with you if you're up for an interview (Skype or in London) so I left a space for you at the end of the survey where you can enter an email address for me to contact you.

Here is the link to the survey: goo.gl/forms/BmjmYijM31

The reason for which I'm doing this research is because I want to focus on the issue of financial inclusion for my final project at the college. I believe everyone should be able to use their money the way they want and when they want, without having to face some complex financial jargon, unwieldy contracts, high fees and weird opacity on everything.

Many thanks for your help and time!!
Klaudia

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Paid services like Ffrees have become hugely less important since the new generation basic accounts have come to the market back end of last year.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Could it be argued that services like Ffrees AREN'T "unbanked", given that they give a sort code, account number, and debit card?

Surely a true "unbanked" person is someone who deals in cash only. Or barters with goats.
  • klaudiado
    Options
    Yes we could, but we cannot consider Ffrees as a bank, as it doesn't hold a full banking license. So I guess it would be fair to say that someone that's uses only Ffrees is unbanked...?

Unbanked use cash or barter but they would also use perhaps things like prepaid cards, money transfer services etc.
  • JeffreyR
    JeffreyR Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Lots of new companies popping up trying to solve this - Ffrees is good example. Maybe check out Mondo and Monese too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure