Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Comments

• gren05
    gren05 Posts: 21 Forumite
    After 8 posts to date re EE I thought I would update...

Finished with EE on the 5th December 2014....(never received a single Bill)
    After Numerous phone calls & emails requesting Final Bill (& involving Ombundsman) I finally received a Final Bill on the 2nd March 2015 showing I was in credit by £279 , bottom of the bill said that all monies would be credited to my account by the 11th March.

No Money was paid into my account.

Like others I then had the £12 Government Rebate taken from my account.
    Yet again I phoned them asking for the adjustment to be made & told them I wanted my money credited back to me immediately.
    I was then told my account would be credited with the £12 & that my exit fee would be waivered & the £279 owed to me would be in my account by the 7th April.....

Guess What ....STILL NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contacted Senior Advisor of Complaints team went through whole story 3 weeks ago & still nothing except receiving this email

''Sorry again we don’t have your refund yet. As I said in my last email the final bill was produced with the exit fees. I have requested a new bill without exit fees and am still waiting for it. As soon as I have it in my hand I will call you.''

Thanks again for your patience.
    Kind Regards
    Deb Eubanks
    Senior Advisor
    Complaints Team

I am now coming up to nearly 5 months since I left them & still nothing credited back to me. They are still NOT responding to emails or Phone Call promises .....

I also will now go through the Small Claims Court to get my money back.

I cannot begin to explain the amount of hours/stress that this company has caused me. There sheer lack of professionalism astounds me & they should not get away with this.
  • rogcal
    rogcal Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    gren05 wrote: »

I just hope for your sake you don't end up being just another creditor when or if they go belly up in the next few months!:(
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I switched electric to ee last October and have been following the thread with increasing alarm as I neared our break even point.
    Today I have received an email to say my latest bill is ready. Completely unsolicited. It's an estimate (102 units under my unsubmitted read) for 29th December?? The new dd should go down by £3. I'll report back when it's been taken on the 10th May.

Good luck to everyone chasing refunds.
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 April 2015 at 6:43PM
    Spam post deleted. Thank you.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post

After Numerous phone calls & emails requesting Final Bill (& involving Ombundsman) I finally received a Final Bill on the 2nd March 2015 showing I was in credit by £279 , bottom of the bill said that all monies would be credited to my account by the 11th March.

Yet again I phoned them asking for the adjustment to be made & told them I wanted my money credited back to me immediately.
    I was then told my account would be credited with the £12 & that my exit fee would be waivered & the £279 owed to me would be in my account by the 7th April.....

Contacted Senior Advisor of Complaints team went through whole story 3 weeks ago & still nothing except receiving this email

''Sorry again we don’t have your refund yet. As I said in my last email the final bill was produced with the exit fees. I have requested a new bill without exit fees and am still waiting for it. As soon as I have it in my hand I will call you.''

Kind Regards
    Deb Eubanks
    Senior Advisor
    Complaints Team

I am now coming up to nearly 5 months since I left them & still nothing credited back to me. They are still NOT responding to emails or Phone Call promises .....

I cannot begin to explain the amount of hours/stress that this company has caused me. There sheer lack of professionalism astounds me & they should not get away with this.

I had a lengthy conversation with her and a complete waste of time.

Now this is what I received from EE regarding exit fees and I know this is correct because it was clearly shown on my final bill and they have refunded accordingly.

Re exit fees: We can’t just remove them as they are part of the tariff but I can insert a credit of £50 called “Exit fee compensation” to cover them off.”

unquote.

The only way I got my final bill and eventual refund was not going through the complaints dept but because of a very helpful manager and one other.
  • rogcal
    edited 24 April 2015 at 10:38AM
    Re: "Voltaware"

Just reported it, so hopefully posting privileges will soon be removed along with the post.

p.s

I've just hunted down Voltaware's other posts and marked them all as spam which they obviously are, so the more of you that do the same the quicker the moderators will act.
  • gren05
    gren05 Posts: 21 Forumite
    MABLE wrote: »
    I had a lengthy conversation with her and a complete waste of time.

Now this is what I received from EE regarding exit fees and I know this is correct because it was clearly shown on my final bill and they have refunded accordingly.

Re exit fees: We can’t just remove them as they are part of the tariff but I can insert a credit of £50 called “Exit fee compensation” to cover them off.”

unquote.

The only way I got my final bill and eventual refund was not going through the complaints dept but because of a very helpful manager and one other.

Please can you tell me how you managed to get your Final Bill & Refund paid?

Who was the helpful manager you dealt with?
  • Onbudsman
    Onbudsman Posts: 126 Forumite
    busybee100 wrote: »
    I switched electric to ee last October and have been following the thread with increasing alarm as I neared our break even point.
    Today I have received an email to say my latest bill is ready. Completely unsolicited. It's an estimate (102 units under my unsubmitted read) for 29th December?? The new dd should go down by £3. I'll report back when it's been taken on the 10th May.

Good luck to everyone chasing refunds.

I presume this is your 6 month bill?

If so, I wonder why you have got your 6 month bill before a person who joined a month before you??

So, if this is the case are EE simply picking who will get bills out of thin air as they are obviously not starting from the bottom of the pile!
  • Onbudsman
    Onbudsman Posts: 126 Forumite

Kind Regards
    Deb Eubanks
    Senior Advisor
    Complaints Team

5 months > Unbelievable, that is an utter disgrace. If that were you or I EE would have a CCJ against us by now!

Have you not thought about re-joining and setting your usage at a level well below your usage?

Run up a debit and play EE at their own game.
  • rogcal
    Looks like the plug has been pulled on "Voltaware".

Too much "resistance" I reckon and with the help of a little "impedance" from us.

Perhaps they'll find an ohm on another forum, watt!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport