misscousinitt's MF Diary

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ooh, pulled pork baguettes. Lucky Mr Cousinitt!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Your last day is coming around quick, hope they give you a good send off. Fantastic that you might get some opportunities from existing contacts too!
  • misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 14 July 2017 at 12:29PM
    One week to go - I can not quite believe it.

Glad to be going away for a few days to clear my head.

DH has been having a stressful week and I think with everything going on with me it's just made it worse. We had a chat this morning and all is well.

I have reassured him that I have checked the figures over and over again! And we will be fine and it shouldn't impact on his money at all (unless something drastic happens). So all good there. I think he just wants it all to start so we can establish our new routine - not long to go now - it will be here before we both know it!

HM Pizza using flatbreads tonight - you can tell it's market week as most of our evening meals are not so healthy - that will change when I can bake during the day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • misscousinitt
    Forumite
    Ooh, pulled pork baguettes. Lucky Mr Cousinitt!

They were delicious - a lot more so than anticipated - just hit the spot!
    Your last day is coming around quick, hope they give you a good send off. Fantastic that you might get some opportunities from existing contacts too!

We are going out on Tuesday and I know they have got me at least one present (as they asked me what I wanted). Sad, exciting and scary all at the same time.

Had a chat with another supplier yesterday who is enthusiastic about what I am doing and is going to make sure that he comes to see me. I am amazed and humbled by peoples responses to me leaving engineering. (I think a few of them feel the same as me to be fair - but it isn't always a choice you can make).

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Forumite
    2 more sleeps...

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Are you still away, MCI? Hope its been brilliant for you :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • misscousinitt
    Forumite
    edited 14 August 2017 at 7:35AM
    Hi everyone

Sorry I have been AWOL for so long.

Last day was quite emotional, but also a bit of an anti climax as people were going on holiday and had to get off early. Bit over whelmed by my presents from work which included a watch, a ph meter for my chutneys and a £200 John Lewis voucher! I also had a lovely bunch of flowers off one supplier and a bottle of champagne off another. Tearful at the time but over it now. I haven't really had time to miss the people so far, but that might change in the next few weeks.

Denmark was amazing and very money saving as my friend wouldn't allow me to pay for anything except the snacks in the airport on the way back - so £12 spent all holiday. We mainly stayed local, visited some of his family and some came to visit us. We went to Copenhagen for the day and walked miles! Such a city of contrasts. And we cooked, ate, drank, chatted about the past (we have been friends for over 40 years) and about the future - mine and his (he's got some great things in the pipeline) and we laughed; we laughed a lot!

Was glad of the no extra charges on mobiles and called DH everyday, I missed him a great deal, but I had a really good time.

Since I've been back its busy busy on the business front. Done two Stalls so far and another booked for next weekend,. Still in the process of getting my food safety management system in place (it's hard going when there are other things you would rather be doing). Also had charity work to do (employee off sick...long story) but things are fairly straight now.

Have a day off today and have been pottering in the garden and just stopped to have a cuppa so I thought I'd post on here.

Really enjoying not being so stressed, no commute, planning my own things to do and above all doing things I enjoy.

I hope everyone is well and I look forward to catching up with what everyone has been doing.

Oh and we are on target to make another OP at the beginning of next month...

MCI x
    OP's to Date £8500

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Lovely! So glad to hear it's all going well. And what a good friend you have in Denmark :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • misscousinitt
    Forumite
    Thanks KC - haven't made my millions yet but plans are moving ahead.

One stall was quite lucrative and the other was break even - hoping for a little gain this weekend coming.

Going on a recon trip on Wednesday to a potential market with a friend of mine (she has a handmade candle and soap/bath bomb business) - looking forward to a trip out and a coffee on expenses as research and development lol.

20 minutes yoga done this morning and hope to do again tomorrow. Stage one of my cleaning done and the washing done. Shopping at Herr A done and a delivery of syrups to a customer (£5 earned lol). I think I have broke the back of my HACCP plan for chutneys today which I am really pleased about as it was bugging me terribly - more work to do tomorrow, but happy with what I have achieved today.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Just lost post

Lots done

Lots to do

Going to have lunch!

See you later

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure