PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• lillibet_dripping
    lillibet_dripping Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2017 at 8:26AM
    Options
    Count me in too! I wasn't there 'in the beginning' so will probably learn lots along the way too....
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I loved the first thread, it had tons of terrific info and topics - but my head isn't always reliable lol and if I'm having a tired spell - as I am now- then I would be no use whatever.
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,667 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mar, you can always join in when you do feel up to it. And Fuddle, you're a star!

Thanking about how we should go about this: probably we should take a chunk of pages each - say, 50 each to start with - read through them & copy & paste all practical, relevant tips into a Word/Open Office/Pages document. Then send them all to one of us to collate; I don't mind doing this, as I'm using a Mac & WP-type things are very much easier than I ever found them on a PC! There'll be a spot of editing as things will need to be put into specific topics, in order for the resulting post/document/page to make sense. Does that make sense so far?
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Thrifty sounds just what we need to do and I think it will work. It will take a bit of time as there are more than two thousand pages but with enough of us nibbling away at it it should be achievable. He Who Knows will have to show me how to do the cut and paste and anything else techie, I can turn this beast on and get to OS and read your posts and post my own but that's as much skill as I've ever had with 'pooters! Old dog will have to learn new tricks to keep up with you youngsters!!!
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd like to help to if I'm not too late. :)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Awesome!! Looking forward to this!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    The task is daunting but it's not beyond us eh? A good plan thriftwizard.

The old thread is too precious to just saunter into the lower pages. Well done Lyn for suggesting we should collate.

I'd best go find the apache office download. ;)
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The spirit is willing here but the flesh is a bit involved and distracted atm.

If you are still at it when I am sorted out.....this year, next year, sometime,nev.........I'll be glad to lend a hand. In the meantime I'll make the tea.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,667 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 June 2017 at 3:31PM
    Options
    Thank you, Cappella & lillibet dripping! Anyone else ready to [STRIKE]be pressganged[/STRIKE]/volunteer?

ETA: Sorry, lillibet, had missed your offer!
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well, this morning certainly brings the UK into 'Interesting Times' and I'm wondering where we will be taken from here? Brexit becomes more uncertain than it was yesterday, the possibility of a second referendum becomes less remote and with a hung parliament looking most likely which party will be at the helm at the time we most need consistency and good leadership? Whoever says politics is boring???

Thank goodness we're all PREPPERS to a greater or lesser degree I think it's going to be a gloves off catfight for dominance with the 'people' and their lives coming somewhere towards the bottom of the priority list. Not quite every man for himself but not far off.....welcome to our brave new world yet again my friends!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure