Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I've given up sugar for lent. There are times when I'm absolutely craving chocolate.
    The 9 pack Bounty Bars were RTC to 50p in A today and I bought some. I could happily munch my way through a whole pack:o

I might have to go to bed before I give in to the cravings:rotfl:

Awww bless, your bounty miss it. Here, have a virtual one, you are allowed those in lent :)

l-1.jpg
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've given up sugar for lent. There are times when I'm absolutely craving chocolate.
    The 9 pack Bounty Bars were RTC to 50p in A today and I bought some. I could happily munch my way through a whole pack:o

I might have to go to bed before I give in to the cravings:rotfl:

Have you tried drinking hot chocolate - I have various sachets like options and highlights for medicinal purposes - it seems to do the trick, calms the cravings :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    Yeah, had a through check of my junk ;)
    I get the 'your order is being picked' and the one after that, but not the one with the scan code thingy. Most odd, I did when I did an order last week, but the last 2 orders I have done, no email.

I haven't had them for my last couple of orders either. I am getting the 'being picked' email though.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 March 2017 at 2:27AM
    These will be gone in A:mad: - I have trouble finding these sometimes when they are at £1 offers there and :doh:they'll be gone even more now I've mentioned them.

Maybe a good filler vs W:D, or vs S? Are they showing as available on a.com?

Cadbury Hot Chocolate Sponge Puddings (2x110g)

Store_2.15px.png
    50p 22.7p / 100g

• Store_1.15px.png
      [Strike]£2.00[/Strike]
      £1.00
    • Store_23.15px.png
      £1.00
    • Store_8.15px.png
      £2.00:mad:
    • Store_3.15px.png
      ---
    • Store_7.15px.png
      ---
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'll just off load my dreadful news

My sister has lumps in her neck.
    Over a 3 month period starting with Drs, then hospital scan, biopsy, another scan booked for this Friday... no results...
    Yesterday she was called out of the blue into see Consultant - she has cancerous lymph glands.
    He is pretty certain it is secondary cancer.
    She has to go to Cardiff on Monday for a full body scan to see where (or hopefully not) the primary cancer is ..
    Going forward is an op to remove glands, then chemo or radio therapy.
    It has been sinking in all day, Poor Mum & Dad are floundering... I know Dad has blood cancer but that seems in a different league to this.
    This is my little sister...

I know others here have suffered & are suffering, and it is all new to us as a family, I hope you won't mind me asking stuff I don't understand?

apologies xxx
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Snap, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm unable to bring any advice/information as in not sure of the procedures for this type of cancer.

My heart and love goes out to you and your family at this dreadful time of waiting. I just feel I want to put my arms around you and let you release the tears of despair. Your little sister is special just because of who she is ............... you look out for her ........... you worry about her and fret dreadfully if she is hurting or worried, all natural.

My shoulders are broad sweetheart, I've told you before, anytime xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 March 2017 at 2:36AM
    It was going to be hopeless this week as I'd lose track of the various branded fresh pies in M (I was only going to check in M again on Wednesday 22nd) - and normally I need three separate stores, none of which are nearby, to pick up the various ones (usually just one branded range per store:(). I happened to visit a town centre earlier though (yesterday, Wednesday) and you may have seen some updating on the list.

I wasn't originally going to visit the M in the town and didn't take my paper or pens with me but, whilst I was there, I popped in to see if much had changed. I did a quick 15 minute look around and updated the list from memory later. With my limited resources this week, I have done a price collection of sorts - apart from the quick check earlier, which was unplanned, I looked in just one store in the evening, more substantively, which had been planned for a day or two.

If all goes to plan, I'm going to check some stores tonight (Thursday night) - not my usual number of six, but to see if I can find the 'missing' items (that weren't in the one store earlier or have queries about their price). I was expecting to find one of the ranges of pies (out of the three) earlier but, somehow, an item from a range I didn't expect has made it's way to Wales:T. That leaves one range outstanding - I expected to have two outstanding, and one of those, the one I didn't expect to have earlier but actually did, will probably not be in the stores later. So it seems to have worked out very well as I would have been left no trace and required further stores elsewhere in the country after Thursday. That's now not required thanks to one somehow being in the store on Wednesday and, hopefully, the remaining range (or at least one item from it) will be in the up to three stores on Thursday.

It's actually easier to see what has changed by looking instore than looking at m.com/msm.

Unfortunately M has noticed that it has been 'underpriced' on the value-range potatoes tins, due to the prices elsewhere having increased, and has now more than doubled its price to 31p:(. It may or may not still be underpriced on a different item - however, in case M looks at this thread, I do not see it as my job to alert it to what item that may be, so I will not mention which item it is, even assuming it exists or even confirm or deny whether or not it does.

It's also put the price up on the value-range Crunchy Peanut Butter, from 62p to 65p:( - unfortunately T is the same 65p price - but, if you are quick, you might just about catch M at 62p on the APG as it's still 62p on msm so looks like the price increase in-store has only just happened. M was 'underpriced' on that, slightly, and less so than the potatoes, as A looks like it increased its price in January - so M has finally noticed it and, by changing its instore price, I've only just now noticed A's increase too. M were underpriced on the Corn Flakes following increases in T and A a few months ago but unfortunately it noticed this and has already had its price up for some time.

SP Natural Yogurt (500g) equivalent is now moving solely to Avs T, as M has gone from 45p to 55p. And the Galtee Black and White puddings have gone from £1 to £1.06. The chilled M Southern Fried Portions are also now removed as it looks like they've gone up from £3 to £3.17.

I have some Cook Italian sauces jars, 340g, that were on offer last week - fortunately I ignored that (I think it was 62p offer) as I think they are ones that have now gone down further, to 50p RTC. I am not sure whether I should have taken this price as it is only a 340g jar, rather than 500g, and, at Aldi price of about 69p for 500g sauces, the 50p price for 340g works out a little bit on the high side. IMO:rotfl:. Nonetheless, I did add some on, from memory, from the store earlier, and I had an incomplete range as I have found a couple of further ones, which I have now added, in the store on Wednesday night.

Unfortunately it looks like the Heinz and Hellmann's products on RTC in M may have cleared out of M. By that, I do not of course mean that they have gone from M and that M no longer has them. I think it will have them somewhere. However, the two stores yesterday, both of which had some of them last week, now no longer had any of them - so, already, they may have cleared more generally (I will need to see what the stores on Thursday night have or don't) - they may be around in some stores but possibly moved away from the general aisles, which the APG I understand checks, but to the RTC shelves in other parts of the stores, and the APG might not use those areas. That's assuming they have them at all in their stores now - my experience earlier may suggest they might have gone. Way too short-lived if so:(, but I may change my view after the next few stores.

The frozen Profiteroles (Christmas legacy) are now 50p RTC, but no chance for me having any stock in a store like that. M now looks like it's having a clearance on lollies/ice creams more generally - I've crossed out the Snickers 4 pack ice cream (for all I know it could have gone cheaper than last week's £1) as I am now moving to Snickers 6 pack (and presumably Mars 6 pack too) as that (certainly Snickers it seems) has gone from last week's £2 RTC to £1 RTC. I also now have Fab Minis (I think those are Strawberry & Tropical) and Magnum Pink Raspberry Ice Cream 4 pack at £1 RTC. Other frozen items I have now are Weight Watchers Strawberry Raspberry Mini Pots 4 pack - 100ml per pot £1 RTC, the Pork Sausage Meat 454g that was £1 RTC last time is now showing me 75p RTC and I have M British Whole Duck 2Kg at £5 RTC. My attention has now been drawn to M 12 Beef Burgers 681g at £2.37 but it looks like that has been on since the beginning of January and Birds Eye Chicken Burgers 4 pack have gone back to £1 (offer price not RTC) but that may need a short wait on the APG as it looks like that's only just gone on.

I may have other items later or ones that I forget to mention now or otherwise didn't stand out at this stage. I may be adding, once I now get back round to it, Upper Crust frozen pies back to the list, but this time in their Bakehouse form, as the Bakehouse version of two pies has now gone to £2, after, it seems the regular McDougall's Upper Crust went up in price last week. As for the chilled own label 550g pies however, I've already crossed them from the list - it looks like they are now making up for being on £2 offer for 'pie week' earlier as they appear now to be £3.00 - in fact online is saying £3.48, so maybe it's even worse - they are now the highest price I have ever seen!

I will see what else I can find later. For now, the list is largely up-to-date, I've been adding things earlier, deleting things, but it's in a state of transition and I will have more to add later. I still have 'query' items after the evening store on Wednesday, that I want to check further what price they are - the idea is that, if the offers are showing off on Thursday, I will take them as being off now and, if I still have the offer prices, I will take it they've remained on offer throughout. We will see how that idea pans out in practice:rotfl:. Fray Bentos tinned pies (425g) have now gone up in price, so have been taken off the list.

Chicago Town 310g-330g pizzas, that were seen at £2 last week, have now gone back to £1:mad:. There should be three Alberto pizzas in a pack for the same price however (that were seen last week). You can see all this now on the list, which now includes, in bold, last week's additions plus a few that I have added from yesterday. And a 2016 edition of Guinness World Records book was spotted on £5 store-specific sticker reduction last week. I've now found that the 2017 edition may be on national £5 RTC price.

See you for now:wave:.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Anon wrote: »
    CoS and CS

Original Source shower gel, claim 50p each on 7 flavours.

Buy in twos (mixed flavours) TvA, £3.60v£2, £1 for 2 after BG and CoS.

Not free and I have "a few" :whistle: still in stash so won't be getting some, but may be of use to someone.

Hth

Anon

got 10 items at tesco from cos
    6 x os shower gel, got the £4.80 BG (should get £3 cb)
    1 x pop pops (should get 75p cb = free)
    3 x bahlsen minis (should get £1.50 cb, did not stock the 10 x minis or i would have got £3 cb)
    anyway cost of shop £15.42 - £4.80 -£5.25 if cb goes well
    = £5.37
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    davemorton wrote: »
    Yeah, had a through check of my junk ;)
    I get the 'your order is being picked' and the one after that, but not the one with the scan code thingy. Most odd, I did when I did an order last week, but the last 2 orders I have done, no email.

this happened on my last order.
  • vanilla_twist
    vanilla_twist Posts: 3,980 Forumite
    I'm so close to 50points. I assumed a Tesco voucher too. What is it VT?

It was a mixed voucher can use in Iceland debenhams and few other places. Not love to shop nor one for all though.

V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family