Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,450 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shalamoo Your breakfast sounds incredibly good. Do you have a link to recipe please? I hope you have a great time with you sister:)

Just wondering if anyone else's group is having a Christmas taster session this week? I have never been to a tastier before and have had a wee google to find some SW Christmas recipes.

Also wondering what people do about setting a goal on a holiday week? I am off on holiday at the weekend for a week. We are staying in a cottage, so have the advantage of being able to cook what I want. I know we will have some meals out though as OH enjoys these and I don't want to spoil his enjoyment. We will hopefully (weather dependent) be quite active as we are going to Aviemore which has loads of outdoor activities. We are planning miles of walking, mountain biking, pony trekking and swimming as well as visitor attractions that involve a lot of walking.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    HELP Maman :eek: I haven't lasted half a day. This is what I have had...

Breakfast.. overnight oats B ( ff yogurt mixed berries ) so far so good,

Lunch.. last of my pea & bacon soup. 1 Rivita thin ? and then it went all wrong with half a slice of no crust bread ????
    Fried sliced potatoes Very lean ham, lettuce tomatoes sliver of Lancashire crumbly cheese ( not even 15 g ) ?? Ff cherry yoghurt.

Dinner. Chicken breast fillet. New potatoes,mixed veg. Apple.

Haven't a clue regarding Syns for anything nor my HE s

HELP :(:(
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    HELP Maman :eek: I haven't lasted half a day. This is what I have had...

Breakfast.. overnight oats B ( ff yogurt mixed berries ) so far so good,

Lunch.. last of my pea & bacon soup. 1 Rivita thin ? and then it went all wrong with half a slice of no crust bread ????
    Fried sliced potatoes Very lean ham, lettuce tomatoes sliver of Lancashire crumbly cheese ( not even 15 g ) ?? Ff cherry yoghurt.

Dinner. Chicken breast fillet. New potatoes,mixed veg. Apple.

Haven't a clue regarding Syns for anything nor my HE s

HELP :(:(
    You're doing fine wiz . I don't think Lancashire cheese is a HEA so based on syns you've had :
    2 for the Ryvita (or less depending on flavour)
    1 syn for the crustless (based on 6 syns for 3 slices)
    12.5g of cheese is 2.5 so max 3

That's my best guess so 6 maximum so far I'd say. :)
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Hola all! Long time MIA, everything just got a bit hectic. I started decorating the house over the summer then went away on hols, never did manage to lose the 3 stone I'd planned to (of course) but had a lovely time regardless and actually came home 2lbs lighter, which just shows how much I comfort eat in private I think :o

I won't be joining in the Halloween challenge at this stage but would like to get under 12.5 by the end (currently 12.8 1/8). I'm still mega jet lagged and didn't get up til 12.30 today, and my hunger feels all over the place too. Breakfast/lunch will be fried bacon medallions with mushrooms and tomatoes with an egg broken in and kind of all scrambled together. Tea will be a spag bol from the freezer as I haven't been shopping yet.

I realised with a jolt that it's only 10 weeks to Christmas, and only 17 weeks til my birthday. I don't want to hit 35 feeling frumpy and exhausted so that's a good incentive.

Hope everyone is well, look forward to catching up again!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, checking in to say I've put on 5lbs in the last 4 days :( There was no real reason other than I think all the stress was getting to me and I just succumbed to 2 indians, a chinese and a lot of chocolate and crisps. Have drawn a line and am definitely back on it again today.

B - Alpen Light bar (1/2 HEB), 2 clementines
    L - Speed soup, cherry tomatoes
    D - Jacket potato, beans, cheese (HEA), salad
    S - Alpen Light bar, quark mixed with options hot choc (2 syns), choc shot (1 syn), 2 clementines

Maybe will chuck some popcorn in there too if I still feel hungry. Have drunk a million cups of peppermint tea today to try and shift some of this bloat! Hope you're all having a good day.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    You're doing fine wiz . I don't think Lancashire cheese is a HEA so based on syns you've had :
    2 for the Ryvita (or less depending on flavour)
    1 syn for the crustless (based on 6 syns for 3 slices)
    12.5g of cheese is 2.5 so max 3

That's my best guess so 6 maximum so far I'd say. :)

Sorry Maman, not quite right for the bread - it's 2 syns a slice not 1. I suspect Wiz had either original or dark rye Ryvita which are 1.5. Total 6.5 syns.

Denise
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love the idea of an “inner angel”, Lois. Actually it reminds me of a wee Colombian boy (7) we had in our school, who came to live with his grandparents (very long and sad story, but his nationality gives a clue). He had upset another child in his class – he’d told someone that one of the other boys fancied one of the girls. The other boy was devastated; it was supposed to have been a secret. I had the job of sorting it out. Now the perpetrator was as cute as they come - big dark, smouldering eyes and a Spanish accent (a future heartbreaker). His story was that “The angel in my heart, he say, “Don’t tell!” but the devil on my shoulder, he say “Tell!” and so he did! This came with appropriate gestures - hands to heart, then fluttering on his shoulder. He was a great wee boy; could brighten up your day, but then his behaviour could be challenging to say the least.

maman, I was sewing a Nexo Knights costume for one of my grandsons (as you do) – it’s a challenge to say the least. I’m stuck a bit at the moment, so having to adjust my ideas to make it work. I have a Harry Potter robe to do for my other grandson (that’s easy, which is just as well as I’m running out of time with going away). My granddaughter is getting the HP robe that has been grown out of as she wants to be Hermione Granger. I’ve always got some sewing on the go, plus I’m crocheting 2 blankets and knitting socks as well, when I’m watching TV (not all at the same time, lol). And in between times I make all our cards (still to start on Christmas) as well as some for charities.

Have fun in Aviemore, Prudent. Take a trip on the mountain railway up Cairngorm. It was all snowy up there at Easter last year, but the grandkids were paddling in the loch at the foot of the hill when we came down!

See these foreign people being a bad influence on you, ruby, it is shocking …..

Hi, Tete, it’s good to see you back.

I am not pure dead scunnered, I am happy to say – it’s 1.6lbs off for me, shala. Thanks for looking after the chart. Dreading next Monday’s WI now.

Monday
    Breakfast: fresh fruit salad, ff Greek yogurt
    Lunch: hexb ham sandwich, melon
    Snack: fs Twix (5)
    Dinner: hidden veg pasta (from mag), may sprinkle on my hexa cheese
    Snacks: choc ginger biscuit (4)

Syns used: 9 Syns saved: 6 Syns carried forward: 0 (new week) Syns balance: 6
    If I haven’t lost something tomorrow, I’ll be pure dead scunnered!
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2016 at 4:18PM
    Options
    Cheers Maman I will make a note of that just in case it happens again x

It was half a slice of Crustless bread

1 Ryvita Blackpepper Thin.

And not even 15 g of Lancashire crumbly

Thanks.
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Gobsmacked to report a 4 lb loss this week!

No idea how, other than the breastfeeding, cos I've ate like a pig and had all the wrong things. I've been full of a cold and my baby boy had his first jabs and we had a bad 24hrs after that so I've just had grab n go food like pizza, cake and toast :rotfl: . I'm very grateful to the gods for not punishing me!

I've now lost 13lbs in 6 weeks (think my challenge target was 12lb) which is exactly the same weight as my 10 week old baby boy :j
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Prudent - Hi. As Maman said a few pages back, I am a veggie. I've done SW on Green and EE so can try help you with a few things if needed so just ask. I'm doing EE this time rather than green but only cos as I'm breastfeeding I get 6 hex a day so it doesn't matter which plan I do really.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family