IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Legally Enforceable, DVLA Supported Parking Charge Notices

Comments

• go one better petition the DVLA to give us the option on a v5c to OPT OUT of personal data being given or sold to outside or inside depertments except for the plod and HM courts etc, and those who havent opted out to increase the fee's to £10.00 (admin only requirement) fee to recoup the losses from the OPT out scheme with strict data protection legislation in place to control the data exposure excluding the likes of PPC's who will then have no basis to apply for the details as brech of contract would no longer become a viable reason to obtain such details.

This is the real world!

If they couldn't make money then we would just see the car parks removed and sold to build on.

We wouldn't gain, so whats the point. Whilst some idiots are paying the tickets the car park doors remain open. If they loose control and nobody pays then why would we even have these car parks open anymore... Even the local gov have sold off so many parking spaces in recent years (Fact)
  • Buzby wrote: »
    No way, I want to retain the right to obtain details of anyone I need to get the details of and am not willing to lose this. If they want to charge firms £10 per enquiry, that's fine - but their business model will dictate the 'fines' will need to increase to cover these costs.

Nobody is taking away your "right", nor mine. With a raised fee, one will think, "ah, do I really need this information?". If they do, they'll pay £1,000. I mean, if they're right in their demand, they'll get it back in the end.
  • I don't think many retail parks or supermarkets would sell off their car parks for building land. Where are their customers going to park? It's in these sort of places were most PPCs operate.

A better idea is to have pay on exit barriers. That way you get rid of PPCs and the supermarket has control over unauthorised parking.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • trisontana wrote: »
    I don't think many retail parks or supermarkets would sell off their car parks for building land. Where are their customers going to park? It's in these sort of places were most PPCs operate.

A better idea is to have pay on exit barriers. That way you get rid of PPCs and the supermarket has control over unauthorised parking.

True I suppose, I thought that they always cancelled the charges anyway.

Well I sent a complaint to TCP when I got a ticket on ASDA. Everyone said ignore but I couldn't because I didn't want letters to go to the RK.

They sent me a letter 3 months later and confirmed that it had been cancelled.

So I guess ASDA has told them to cancel whatever people complaint about? Why else would they if they want the money so much?

Anyway I don't get tickets on supermarket car parks, unless I forget to pay! LOL. I can't understand why people overstay... I never consider a car park like this as an option to park for a long time.

I notice a lot of Local Gov departments are now taking these car parks as their own and dealing with enforcement under off street TRO'S.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You can get them in some serious trouble for breaching the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations which are the law. Specifically this sub section.

"4. Not being true to the terms of the endorsement
    Claiming that a trader (including his/her commercial
    practices) or a product has been approved, endorsed
    or authorised by a public or private body when he/she/it
    has not, or making such a claim without complying with
    the terms of the approval, endorsement or authorisation"

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/cpregs/oft979.pdf

Enjoy
  • assj wrote: »

Anyway I don't get tickets on supermarket car parks, unless I forget to pay! LOL. I can't understand why people overstay... I never consider a car park like this as an option to park for a long time. .
    I never understand why retail parks only have a 2 hour limit to park on them.
    A retail park near me has a whole host of stores, cinema, restraunts, bowling, supermarkets ect. but only has a 2 hour limit on it. That has to be bad buisness for the retailers on there ! I dont know why they let it go on!
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    surfboy1 wrote: »
    I never understand why retail parks only have a 2 hour limit to park on them.
    A retail park near me has a whole host of stores, cinema, restraunts, bowling, supermarkets ect. but only has a 2 hour limit on it. That has to be bad buisness for the retailers on there ! I dont know why they let it go on!
    The 2 hour limit may be displayed in retail parks but will almost certainly be a product of the PPC that patrol it and, IMHO, is simply a tripwire establish to generate revenue. The logic is inescapable. If there are cinemas, bowling allies etc etc then the obvious purpose of the retail park is to draw people in and keep them there until their pockets have been emptied. The time limit is unreasonable and serves only one purpose - and that isn't the overall purpose of the park.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Same near us, bowling alley closing due to clampers after 3 hours.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • nottoolate
    nottoolate Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Fergie76 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a wee email to DVLA might be in order asking if the support TCP's parking charges?

emailed, and dvla responded thus :cool:
    Thank you for your note, which has been passed to me to respond to.

I can confirm that is a misrepresentation and DVLA does not "support" these notices in the way that the statement could lead people to believe.

We have asked Town and City Parking to remove this as a matter of urgency and will be reporting this to the BPA.

Kind regards,

Data Sharing Team
    Operational Support & Development Directorate | C1/East | DVLA | Swansea | SA6 7JL
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Take that, TCP!!
    Je Suis Cecil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business