Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 3
  • MOLLYBRUSH
    Hi

The smallest top up for a tracphone is $20 so you will outlay $30 for a phone and an hours talk. However there are lots of sites that have "codes" for bonus mins when you top up so use those.

Cheers
    Originally posted by disney_cjd
    Thanks Craig, so glad you decided to stay. You are really a mine of information. How lucky to get 4.5 weeks there, you me and Lynneth will all be there at the same time, we go 18 August for 2.5 weeks
    There are three ways to get something done; do it yourself, hire someone or forbid your kids to do it.
    • disney_cjd
    • By disney_cjd 21st Jul 09, 3:55 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    disney_cjd
    Thanks Craig, so glad you decided to stay. You are really a mine of information. How lucky to get 4.5 weeks there, you me and Lynneth will all be there at the same time, we go 18 August for 2.5 weeks
    Originally posted by MOLLYBRUSH
    Thanks. We are indeed very lucky, already had two weeks in April and have two more booked for Oct. The prob is trying to explain to the kids this is not the normal and they are very lucky.

We are going to have a Disney Brit meet in the MK. If you follow that have a look on Facebook for the invites etc, I wont say anymore here as people get the !!!!!ache.

cheers and have a great holiday!
    Self confessed Florida expert with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio

• floydy
    • By floydy 21st Jul 09, 4:03 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    floydy
    hi, just thinking bout esta's ,been putting it off...any recommendations which site to go thro?

tia floydy
    • atro1
    • By atro1 21st Jul 09, 4:11 PM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    atro1
    hi, just thinking bout esta's ,been putting it off...any recommendations which site to go thro?

tia floydy
    Originally posted by floydy

This was the site I used in may! I do believe there are some sites charging for this so make sure you do not pay a thing its free.
    https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
    • floydy
    • By floydy 21st Jul 09, 4:18 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    floydy
    This was the site I used in may! I do believe there are some sites charging for this so make sure you do not pay a thing its free.
    Originally posted by atro1
    thanx,

yeah i found some sites charging and wasnt sure....will go to ur link, much appreciated

floydy
    • disney_cjd
    • By disney_cjd 21st Jul 09, 4:28 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    disney_cjd
    Yep this is the OFFICIAL one some keep clear of the paid for sites.

• floydy
    • By floydy 21st Jul 09, 5:09 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    floydy
    estas all done now, thanx
  • lex
    Thanks. We are indeed very lucky, already had two weeks in April and have two more booked for Oct. The prob is trying to explain to the kids this is not the normal and they are very lucky.

We are going to have a Disney Brit meet in the MK. If you follow that have a look on Facebook for the invites etc, I wont say anymore here as people get the !!!!!ache.

cheers and have a great holiday!
    Originally posted by disney_cjd
    Wow cool!! How come you go to Florida so often - is it just holidays?
    I've got about 5 weeks til I go - can't wait!
    lex
    • OurKev
    • By OurKev 21st Jul 09, 9:04 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 370 Thanks
    OurKev
    A big THANKYOU from me.......

My jobs for tonight were to book a car and fill in 6 ESTA forms.... I was having a quick look here in case anyone was recommending a good car hire deal.

Than I spotted this.... just as I was about to register 6 people through what looked like the official ESTA site at $45 each.

Thanks again (I'll think of you when I pay for a slap-up meal at the Rainforest Cafe out of the money you saved me).

PS Do we think this needs publicising a bit more (I like to think of myself as fairly sharp in such matters and I nearly got taken for a ride).
    • disney_cjd
    • By disney_cjd 21st Jul 09, 9:23 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    disney_cjd
    Wow cool!! How come you go to Florida so often - is it just holidays?
    I've got about 5 weeks til I go - can't wait!
    lex
    Originally posted by lex
    Yep just holidays, we are very lucky I know

C

• Weggy
    • By Weggy 21st Jul 09, 9:33 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Weggy
    FAO Weggy

In regards to Villa hire what sites did you go on posting an advert stating that you were looking for accomodation?
    Originally posted by Winnie1973
    Sorry for the delay.

To be honest, it wasnt a site. I'd contacted a villa owner directly but he was unable to help us. He offered to post our request onto an owners site he was a member of - and the offers came flooding in from there. I think it may of been the Cumbrian Lakes owners forum but the villas were all over...
    • atro1
    • By atro1 22nd Jul 09, 7:13 AM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    atro1

My jobs for tonight were to book a car and fill in 6 ESTA forms.... I was having a quick look here in case anyone was recommending a good car hire deal.

Than I spotted this.... just as I was about to register 6 people through what looked like the official ESTA site at $45 each.

Thanks again (I'll think of you when I pay for a slap-up meal at the Rainforest Cafe out of the money you saved me).

PS Do we think this needs publicising a bit more (I like to think of myself as fairly sharp in such matters and I nearly got taken for a ride).
    Originally posted by OurKev
    You are more than welcome, but rather than think of me I would rather you take me to the Rainforest. I Hope you have a great time!
  • MOLLYBRUSH

Originally posted by OurKev
    Yes, me too - I did it in a rush as I got a very late flight, paid for the esta and then realised that I didn't need to. Perhaps a note in big letters at the beginning of the thread?
    There are three ways to get something done; do it yourself, hire someone or forbid your kids to do it.
  • Winnie1973
    Sorry for the delay.

To be honest, it wasnt a site. I'd contacted a villa owner directly but he was unable to help us. He offered to post our request onto an owners site he was a member of - and the offers came flooding in from there. I think it may of been the Cumbrian Lakes owners forum but the villas were all over...
    Originally posted by Weggy
    Many thanks for that
    • atro1
    • By atro1 22nd Jul 09, 12:12 PM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    atro1
    Crabman
    Yes, me too - I did it in a rush as I got a very late flight, paid for the esta and then realised that I didn't need to. Perhaps a note in big letters at the beginning of the thread?
    Originally posted by MOLLYBRUSH
    Can you add????
    • Squish_21
    • By Squish_21 22nd Jul 09, 1:04 PM
    • 667 Posts
    • 289 Thanks
    Squish_21
    Can anyone advise how long you need at each of the following parks please? e.g 1 day, 1/2 day etc.

Busch Gardens
    Aquatica
    Islands of Adventure
    Sea World
    Universal Studios
    Wet n Wild

Thanks in advance!
    Squish
    • Weggy
    • By Weggy 22nd Jul 09, 3:15 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Weggy
    Can anyone advise how long you need at each of the following parks please? e.g 1 day, 1/2 day etc.

Busch Gardens
    Aquatica
    Islands of Adventure
    Sea World
    Universal Studios
    Wet n Wild

Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by Squish_21
    Hard to answer, especially without knowing how many there are of you and if you have kids etc (and of course what age they are!). Also, have you been to any of them before?

My experience, with just me and the wife:

BG - A day. It's a reasonable drive anyway.
    AQ - not been
    IoA / US - we did these over a few days but would normally do one for half a day and the other for the 2nd part of the day... get a nice mix of show type stuff and then the 'proper' rides.
    W&W - not been
  • lex

Busch Gardens
    Aquatica
    Islands of Adventure
    Sea World
    Universal Studios
    Wet n Wild

Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by Squish_21
    Just to add I would allow 1 day for Seaworld (but not an intense day)

lex
    • Squish_21
    • By Squish_21 22nd Jul 09, 8:25 PM
    • 667 Posts
    • 289 Thanks
    Squish_21
    Hard to answer, especially without knowing how many there are of you and if you have kids etc (and of course what age they are!). Also, have you been to any of them before?

My experience, with just me and the wife:

BG - A day. It's a reasonable drive anyway.
    AQ - not been
    IoA / US - we did these over a few days but would normally do one for half a day and the other for the 2nd part of the day... get a nice mix of show type stuff and then the 'proper' rides.
    W&W - not been
    Originally posted by Weggy
    Theres 6 of us, 4 adults and 2 kids (ages 12 and 8). None of us have been before.
    Squish
    • atro1
    • By atro1 23rd Jul 09, 6:46 AM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    atro1
    Squish_21
    We used to do Universal in one day. But we were there at opening time! Adventure in the morning lunch in the Hard Rock and studios afternoon and evening. Then thru City Walk before we returned to the villa. There is a lot to do. Three of the best rides in Orlando with the Hulk, Spiderman and the Mummy!
    Aquatica, is very nice but I much prefer the two Disney Water Parks. But water parks should be a whole day thing so you can have a couple of drinks and relax as well as a couple of flumes and rides.
    Busch.A whole day, great white knuckle rides good couple of shows. But no free beer anymore! Pleasant drive to the bay although the area around Busch not so nice. The free bus that comes with the combi ticket is ok but it leaves Busch early and can take a long time returning with all the hotel stops.
    Seaworld a very relaxing whole day [and Mall visit in the evening.] But once again no free beer! Do not recomend the big sandwiches anymore no where near as nice as they used to be, now very dry.
    W&W only went the once and will never go again. It was busy, seats uncomfortable. It may have changed but I doubt it.
    Please take on board that this is in my opinion, and it will not suit everybody!
    Last edited by atro1; 23-07-2009 at 6:49 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,705Posts Today

7,742Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's existential Twitter poll: Choose betwn huge success & renown within ur lifetime then forgotten, or only after death but for millenia

• RT @themiltonjones: Bother. Chucked out of Question Time.

• Hmm I meant getting radical in my last tweet - having googled 'getting rad', I may not be in touch with t'lingo... https://t.co/t538UveBuz

• Follow Martin